Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero and More Now Backward Compatible

• MarioTooMarioToo611,060 611,060 GamerScore
    Posted on 05 March 17 at 03:20
    New Paralyzer said:
    ShinUkyo said:
    I've always wished I could play the JP versions of Case Zero and Case West. There are VERY few games I've ever stacked, but Dead Rising is one of my all-time favorite series. Not to mention they are short but sweet experiences. As far as I know, however, you still can't buy Cero-Z rated games on the JP marketplace without a Japanese credit card tied to your account (to verify age.)
    For some reason I could buy them with my US card back on 360. It was after they ditched MS Points I managed to pull it off.

I actually updated my info for my Xbox One and it looks like it's even easier to add a US card to a Japanese account now.

I bought ACA NEO GEO Metal Slug to test it out.

I can prove everything too if other people reading this don't believe me.

I still can't manage to get the JP versions on my One... I've been trying very hard.
    You can very easily buy games with a credit card with your console set to Japan region. As long as it is a game available in the US region. Try buying Gears 2, Borderlands 1, or either of these DR games and you will get an error message stating it is not available in your region. Even if the account was created with Japan as the region. PayPal doesn't work, either, as I have mine linked to my Japanese account. I've tried everything to get these ganes. It has proven impossible thus far. I even bought a Japanese 1000 yen Microsoft gift card. No dice. Simply put, a credit card is required to buy them. End of story.
  • New ParalyzerNew Paralyzer1,436,899
    Posted on 05 March 17 at 19:19
    MarioToo said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    ShinUkyo said:
    I've always wished I could play the JP versions of Case Zero and Case West. There are VERY few games I've ever stacked, but Dead Rising is one of my all-time favorite series. Not to mention they are short but sweet experiences. As far as I know, however, you still can't buy Cero-Z rated games on the JP marketplace without a Japanese credit card tied to your account (to verify age.)
    For some reason I could buy them with my US card back on 360. It was after they ditched MS Points I managed to pull it off.

I actually updated my info for my Xbox One and it looks like it's even easier to add a US card to a Japanese account now.

I bought ACA NEO GEO Metal Slug to test it out.

I can prove everything too if other people reading this don't believe me.

I still can't manage to get the JP versions on my One... I've been trying very hard.
    You can very easily buy games with a credit card with your console set to Japan region. As long as it is a game available in the US region. Try buying Gears 2, Borderlands 1, or either of these DR games and you will get an error message stating it is not available in your region. Even if the account was created with Japan as the region. PayPal doesn't work, either, as I have mine linked to my Japanese account. I've tried everything to get these ganes. It has proven impossible thus far. I even bought a Japanese 1000 yen Microsoft gift card. No dice. Simply put, a credit card is required to buy them. End of story.
    That's true.... If you're using an American IP
  • misfit119misfit1191,175,027
    Posted on 05 March 17 at 22:29, Edited on 05 March 17 at 22:30 by misfit119
    New Paralyzer said:
    IP has nothing to do with buying CERO-Z games. Buying other games doesn't require anything special, just get some points or whatever. It's the CERO-Z games that require a credit card for age verification. I know people living in Japan who can't buy Japanese games because they don't have the credit card to help with that step.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
    Posted on 06 March 17 at 03:36
    misfit119 said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    IP has nothing to do with buying CERO-Z games. Buying other games doesn't require anything special, just get some points or whatever. It's the CERO-Z games that require a credit card for age verification. I know people living in Japan who can't buy Japanese games because they don't have the credit card to help with that step.
    Right, what I'm saying is I have my card on my account and I have myself purchased JP case Zero and JP case west. I own both of these. Using an American Debit card. No Japanese card required.
  • misfit119misfit1191,175,027
    Posted on 06 March 17 at 05:19
    Then some sort of issue must have happened that allowed it. It's impossible to buy those games with American cards. I've tried numerous times and I have friends, in Japan, try to use American cards and that doesn't work for them. So some sort of spazz out must have let it work for you.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
    Posted on 06 March 17 at 07:51
    misfit119 said:
    Then some sort of issue must have happened that allowed it. It's impossible to buy those games with American cards. I've tried numerous times and I have friends, in Japan, try to use American cards and that doesn't work for them. So some sort of spazz out must have let it work for you.
    There was a guide on x360a I followed a long time ago. I'm really pissed I didn't bookmark it I can't find it again.
  • Posted on 12 March 17 at 22:21
    getting the JP versions of case zero/west would be a good tutorial that im sure lot of people would be thankful for.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads