Industry News Forum

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Xbox Goes to GDC

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 04 March 17 at 03:04
A summary of all Xbox news

Please click here to read the story: Xbox Goes to GDC

External link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8uBk0FmL5Q
Dynachycephalo
Posted on 04 March 17 at 03:11
Might have to wait on the Xbox Game Pass for a few months. Sounds good, but a lot are 360 games to start.. I'll wait until more One titles show up
Dynachycephalo
Posted on 04 March 17 at 03:17
Misread it, didn't see that those games are just the available ones for the preview. But still.. Just have to wait and see what comes out in the next couple months rock
PiCkLE SQU1D
PiCkLE SQU1D
Posted on 04 March 17 at 03:17
Will they let us know which games they plan on removing each month to give us a heads up on what we should be playing first. I want to be able to play as much of these games as I can. It might fuck up my completion percentage but I don't care anymore.
'Twas I who fucked the dragon Fuckalizing fuckaloo And if you try to fuck with me Then I shall fuck you too
Brokenheaded
Brokenheaded
Posted on 04 March 17 at 03:45
I expect games with gold to disappear when this launches......
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 04 March 17 at 04:08
Brokenheaded said:
It won't be.

Games with Gold continues. Xbox Game Pass is not a replacement for that. Great games and benefits with Gold continue. #Xbox
https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/836598065473581058

=D
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 04 March 17 at 04:19
Brokenheaded said:
Even if they hadn't already confirmed it won't, that would be a terrible move on their part due to this not being part of Gold. It'd hurt them way more than it would help.
#mentallypudding
Dragonpwnsz
Dragonpwnsz
Posted on 04 March 17 at 04:52
That moment when you own 13/21 of the titles in Xbox Games Pass already.
Et Respicias Humilitatem Amplecti. Respect and Embrace Humility.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 04 March 17 at 05:27
Brokenheaded said:
I don't understand this view point. Gold and this are two separate distinct subscriptions...
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
redjarman
redjarman
Posted on 04 March 17 at 06:01
the only game in that pic I don't have is Dark Void, so I guess I won't be missing out on much.

I think half of those were gwg before anyway.
ArkhmInmate0801
ArkhmInmate0801
Posted on 04 March 17 at 07:03
most of those games have been gwg or are part of rare replay. I hope the full 100 is a better selection.
paintballgirl
paintballgirl
Posted on 04 March 17 at 09:33
Some of this stuff seems pretty meh.

Game Pass doesn't seem like it will be worth $9.99 a month. The backwards compatibility games are obviously going to be pretty old and don't warrant the monthly fee. You could pick up a used disc version for a buck or two. Then there's the rotating games. If a game is being rotated out, you have to purchase it to continue playing. Sure, there's a discount, but 20% off a game that's way overpriced is still an overpriced game. When new games are added, I could see some value in having the service for a month or two here and there, but definitely not spending $120 per year for it. I don't think EA Access will ever be topped in subscription service value. $24 a year (I buy prepaid cards when they go on sale) for what I get there is am amazing value.

The Creators Program doesn't sound great either. They've made it sound like there is going to be a completely separate store for those games, so they won't be getting a lot of attention from users who don't want to stray from the main store. There's also an odd range of prices that the creator will have to pay to get the game in the store with no mention of how they're going to decide who gets charged more. Finally, there are no achievements attached to indie games hat don't pay to go through the ID@Xbox process, so that's a detractor as well.
mastergamer015
Posted on 04 March 17 at 10:04
I'm more excited about the headset than the season pass, anyway I own a lot of those games already.
FailedSeppuku
FailedSeppuku
Posted on 04 March 17 at 10:27
Sam and Max! weren't they delisted from the market place?
Darkwings17
Darkwings17
Posted on 04 March 17 at 10:48
PiCkLE SQU1D said:
Will they let us know which games they plan on removing each month to give us a heads up on what we should be playing first. I want to be able to play as much of these games as I can. It might fuck up my completion percentage but I don't care anymore.
They mentioned a leaving soon section in one of the interviews, but I don't think they detailed how long games in that section will be there for, apart from going soon.
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 04 March 17 at 11:09
Great news from Microsoft, I hope it'll be a great year!
MugenKairo
MugenKairo
Posted on 04 March 17 at 11:41
Too expensive to validate its worth. So I can play it if the game is rotated in, but if it's leaving I have to pay again for the download to my library? Pass, I'm much too selective in games and don't like being taken advantage of to enter into this.
'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
ronnie42
ronnie42
Posted on 04 March 17 at 12:51
Still not sure about VR since to me VR seems like a gimmick, there's literally no good games on the VR. Though I also keep hearing that Hololens might be good for 3d modelling...but I have yet to see any proof of that except 'pre-rendered' trailers to make it seem better but we all know how company's can over-react over what something can actually do....kind of like the Kinect.
Zalexzy
Zalexzy
Posted on 04 March 17 at 13:04, Edited on 04 March 17 at 13:07 by Zalexzy
Yeah, finally, been waiting forever for Sacred 3, Viva Pinata and Sam&Max go BC!!!

Creator's program needs better name like Trash Can or Recycle Bin.
Gannon94
Gannon94
Posted on 04 March 17 at 13:22
Thank god they didn't try charge money for the tester version of XGP, mostly 360 games in there atm but that will hopefully change
Gannon94
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.