Game Discussion: LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

Be careful when buying the Deluxe Edition

• SpeedForce84SpeedForce84451,548
    Posted on 04 March 17 at 15:25
    Be warned: Buying the Deluxe Edition of this game on the XB Store does not necessarily mean that you will have access to all the content that is promised in the product descriptions.

I bought the Deluxe Edition a while back when it was on sale. It was only after I'd bought and downloaded the game that I discovered that even though the bundle contains the Season Pass, the majority of the DLC isn't available in my region. Turns out that it is possible in some regions to buy game bundles that come with Season Passes or other DLC, even when the content hasn't been released in your region.

So, I contacted Microsoft to find out how this kind of thing could happen - how could I buy the SP as part of a bundle, even when the content wasn't actually available to players in my region? Microsoft's excuse was that the publisher must have made a mistake when they released the bundle on the XB Store, and they offered me a choice - an excuse which doesn't make sense, because the Season Pass is available to PlayStation owners in my region.

The XB Support person then informed that I could either request a refund from the XB Store or I could just carry on playing the game. Neither of these solutions is entirely satisfactory - with the first option, I lose access to the game and then have to buy a copy of the base game to carry on playing; with the second, I basically just have to accept the fact that I've been charged for content that I will never be able to access.
  • Living LegendsLiving Legends1,118,385
    Posted on 04 March 17 at 15:59
    Or change your store region and see if you can download
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,402,337
    Posted on 05 March 17 at 15:36, Edited on 05 March 17 at 15:36 by TheMaize
    Exactly...change your xbox one region to the US....start the downloads and switch it back....

Its that easy
  • SpeedForce84SpeedForce84451,548
    Posted on 07 March 17 at 14:54
    I thought about that, but the last time I did a region change I was stuck in the new region for three months, which meant that my Gold subscription lapsed because there was a billing address glitch.
  • Jay InsomniakJay Insomniak1,544,957
    Posted on 16 July 17 at 08:39
    I doubt you'll see this but... Region changing has nothing to do with accounts anymore on the One. You simply go to Settings>System>Language&Location change the location option go over to restart now and then you'll be on that regions dashboard after your Xbox restarts.
    My favourite colour is red
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads