Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Wordament on Windows 10 to Become Microsoft Ultimate Word Games

• KBop a dooKBop a doo323,420
  • SighrisSighris1,575,940
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 07:03Permalink
    Word
  • Posted on 09 March 17 at 07:04Permalink
    Hopefully no leaderboard achievement.
  • RacxieRacxie358,734
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 07:12Permalink
    So it'll still be called Wordament but it'll just be part of a bundle now instead of being a stand alone title as it'll remain on other platforms. Bit misleading really.

What I want to know is will the current version be updated to the new one making it impossible to get the current achievements? Or will we still be able to play i alongside the bundle assuming we don't uninstall it?
  • JamPound32JamPound32852,672
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 07:38Permalink
    Racxie said:
    What I want to know is will the current version be updated to the new one making it impossible to get the current achievements? Or will we still be able to play i alongside the bundle assuming we don't uninstall it?
    From the wording it looks like if you're on windows10 it'll update to this new version automatically.
  • Posted on 09 March 17 at 07:46Permalink
    i can just smell the daily challenge badges cheevos already o_O
    Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
  • Itzz Sh0wt1m3Itzz Sh0wt1m31,010,107
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 08:14Permalink
    Sweet!
  • MarekidzeMarekidze131,692
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 08:40Permalink
    Damm!:( Just wanted Wordaments/UWP (for those offline/0.0/)
    On the other side "Daily Chalanges hell! angry laugh
  • Dancing RobDancing Rob150,078
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 09:18Permalink
    any word on if anything is happening with Snap Attack.

I still have the grindy phone achievement to get - just 650 000 or so more points to go!
  • Posted on 09 March 17 at 09:52Permalink
    This is my fault guys. I was seriously just telling a friend I had all the Wordaments complete.....

Now watch this is going to have some crazy long grindy Windows 10 achievement list... That's fine. This is what I get for bragging about old completions.
  • Bridge188Bridge188754,659
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 10:25, Edited on 09 March 17 at 10:26 by Bridge188Permalink
    Err - there isn't a Win 10 version of Wordament on the site? (The link at the top directs to the WP version?) Is there one, it's just not XBL enabled? I've finished the rest of the versions, but I don't own anything with Windows 10 on it...

Will one of the versions I've played randomly have a bunch of extra stupid achievements tacked onto it, or is this a new game entirely?
  • ronnie42ronnie42361,083
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 10:59Permalink
    Bridge188 said:
    Err - there isn't a Win 10 version of Wordament on the site? (The link at the top directs to the WP version?) Is there one, it's just not XBL enabled? I've finished the rest of the versions, but I don't own anything with Windows 10 on it...

Will one of the versions I've played randomly have a bunch of extra stupid achievements tacked onto it, or is this a new game entirely?
    Think the one there referring to is marked as Windows 8 on this site since Windows 8, 10 use the same game via the windows store.
  • imaidiot19imaidiot19735,566
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 12:33Permalink
    Guess I should play more of the win8 version to pop those offline achievements before they change over and make them unobtainable for me.
    Yes, I know I am.
  • Mr GranstaffMr Granstaff1,532,532
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 13:44Permalink
    New Paralyzer said:
    This is my fault guys. I was seriously just telling a friend I had all the Wordaments complete.....

Now watch this is going to have some crazy long grindy Windows 10 achievement list... That's fine. This is what I get for bragging about old completions.
    laugh Me too. I literally told my coworker yesterday how I had completed all stacks for Wordament. Funnily enough, he had never heard of the game. Meh.
    "Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
  • MarioTooMarioToo788,934
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 14:28Permalink
    I would guess it'll be a new list. Kind of like when Solitaire automatically updated on windows 10 and auto popped a bunch of cheevos.
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 14:32Permalink
    ronnie42 said:
    Bridge188 said:

Think the one there referring to is marked as Windows 8 on this site since Windows 8, 10 use the same game via the windows store.
    Yes, basically this! A lot of Windows 8 games ran into this when Windows 10 launched, on which most (all?) Win8 games are playable.

It seems like this will be a new list entirely, since the Windows 8 version will still be in existence for those who have not updated, and anyone with Windows 10 will be updated to this new version.
  • Bridge188Bridge188754,659
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 14:39Permalink
    Maybe one day then...
  • XtowersXtowers507,785
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 16:07Permalink
    Plz no 12 month grind achievements.
  • The NotoThe Noto361,374
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 16:08Permalink
    Do we know when this change goes into effect so we can try to complete the Win 8 version?
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 16:14Permalink
    The Noto said:
    Do we know when this change goes into effect so we can try to complete the Win 8 version?
    No release date/release window that I could find. They seem to be giving regular updates via their Facebook so that looks like the place to keep an eye on. Better than the Wordament Twitter account, which hasn't been updated since 2015.

https://www.facebook.com/wordament/
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.