Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Wordament on Windows 10 to Become Microsoft Ultimate Word Games

• Mike PitchMike Pitch755,644
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 16:22Permalink
    Things like this are why I kept my laptop on Windows 8 knowing I'd be buying a Surface down the road.
  • KingyOwlKingyOwl352,308
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 16:48Permalink
    I wondered if this would happen when they announced "Microsoft Ultimate Word Games" as the next casual title. I think we can guarantee 1000GS and a list similar to Solitaire or Mohjong.
  • Posted on 09 March 17 at 17:43Permalink
    a brand new single player mode we think you’re really going to love, Daily Challenges, and keyboard support!
    No we don't love the daily challenges. warning
    This space for rent.
  • Dancing RobDancing Rob150,078
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 17:55Permalink
    the type of casual gamer that makes up by far the largest portion of players for games like this (eg my mum!) loves daily challenges. it's just a certain subset of achievement hunter who has forgotten about the concept of 'playing games for enjoyment' that disagrees really.

that I can live with.
  • Death and GloryDeath and Glory1,527,857
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 18:06Permalink
    Thanks for the credit. This game should turn out to be really fun. Wordament is really addictive.
  • KBop a dooKBop a doo323,420
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 20:01, Edited on 09 March 17 at 20:05 by KBop a dooPermalink
    Death and Glory said:
    Thanks for the credit. This game should turn out to be really fun. Wordament is really addictive.
    Thanks for the news tip! toast

I run Windows 10 so I started the game myself in hopes I can clean it up before mine upgrades to the new version. I don't have any devices that still use Win8 so it'd be a hassle for me to access the 8 version beyond that.
  • cenGii91cenGii91306,727
    Posted on 09 March 17 at 23:15Permalink
    As far as i can understand the post, the update will void any Win8-achievements, meaning that just like Solitaire Collection or Mahjong, the current game you know will only be playable on Win8 OS. But luckily i have bought an Win8-Tablet for the remaining games for exact this case.
  • Posted on 10 March 17 at 04:10Permalink
    Yay!
  • GYS GHOSTGYS GHOST229,458
    Posted on 10 March 17 at 07:13Permalink
    MrZombieChicken said:
    a brand new single player mode we think you’re really going to love, Daily Challenges, and keyboard support!
    +1warning
    Halo tmcc 596/600 .H CE H 2 and H 4 Laso only :)
  • Posted on 10 March 17 at 11:37Permalink
    I'll give it a pass if the daily challenges are the same crap as in Solitaire, those are waaay too time-consuming for what it is.
  • Bridge188Bridge188754,659
    Posted on 10 March 17 at 17:41Permalink
    MrZombieChicken said:
    To be fair they classified "things you're going to love" and "daily challenges" separately in that list laugh
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 March 17 at 10:53Permalink
    Great news :)
  • The NotoThe Noto361,374
    Posted on 14 March 17 at 20:14Permalink
    Thanks to this thread, it motivated me to finish it before it switched over.
  • tsmpriustsmprius41,186
    Posted on 03 May 17 at 03:47Permalink
    Alright, so this game came out a few days ago for people in the Inner Circle program. It might be certain members only because I haven't gotten the email yet.

TA says that only 160 members have the game, so what I said above is probably correct.
  • SimpsoSimpso172,501
    Posted on 13 May 17 at 12:47Permalink
    My game just updated to the new version, overwriting Wordament.
    The game doesnt carry over any cheevos to the new version from the old list.
    So not sure how you would get the cheevos off the old list now once it switches over for all.
    Check out my site.A provider of Unique movie/TV themed canvas, tshirt and poster prints.[b]Http://www.LaughingSeagull.co.uk[/b]
  • KBop a dooKBop a doo323,420
    Posted on 13 May 17 at 17:09, Edited on 13 May 17 at 17:10 by KBop a dooPermalink
    Simpso said:
    My game just updated to the new version, overwriting Wordament.
    The game doesnt carry over any cheevos to the new version from the old list.
    So not sure how you would get the cheevos off the old list now once it switches over for all.
    The Microsoft Ultimate Word Games switch-over is only for Windows 10 operating systems according to MS, so it sounds like the only way to still receive them after the update goes live for everyone would be to access regular Wordament from a phone/PC still running Windows 8.
    Posted on 18 May 17 at 23:04Permalink
    When does this update go live? It still is regular-ass Wordament for me.
  • shelbygt5252shelbygt5252764,546
    Posted on 20 May 17 at 02:13Permalink
    The Noto said:
    When does this update go live? It still is regular-ass Wordament for me.
    I just received an update and an in-game message (I had the early build) that the game should be available for everyone now.
  • Posted on 21 May 17 at 20:51Permalink
    Nope, not yet for me.
    This space for rent.
    Posted on 23 May 17 at 19:06Permalink
    Not yet here, either.

It's also not in the store.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.