Game Discussion: Fallout: New Vegas Forum

Using Ultimate Edition DLC disc on One via backwards compatibilty

AuthorMessage
havocofsmeg
havocofsmeg
Posted on 12 March 17 at 01:35
So I've decided to start up another New Vegas run through, this time on my One (also first time using back comp) and put my both UE discs in to download the DLC, but with both discs, the game boots up instead.

So how do I get the DLC from my Ultimate Edition onto my One?
Valar Morghulis
Msross
Msross
Posted on 12 March 17 at 08:55
the 2nd disc shuld have the DLC components which should get installed..

if its not doing that, try deleting the game, then doing it again
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 12 March 17 at 10:05
Yeah I had to uninstall it and install from disc 2. They may have fixed it so first try putting disc 2 in then going to manage game and see if the DLC shows in Ready to install
havocofsmeg
havocofsmeg
Posted on 12 March 17 at 12:45
Just before I tried the uninstall/reinstall, I put the DLC back in on the off chance it may work after having had MY One off. It didn't boot straight up and I noticed there was a generic CD on the recently used list labelled 'install disc'. Just selected that and it installed all the DLC. So at least I managed to save having to reinstall it.

Thanks for the input, never the less.
Valar Morghulis
onnabugeisha x
Posted on 06 June 18 at 10:35
good to know because i have the UE as well and was thinking about installing it on my one to get around all the glitches it had on the 360. i read doing that fixed the glitches another gamer was having playing fallout 3 on his 360. i'm hoping it does the same with new vegas so i can finish the game!
You've got red on you...
Unmet River
Unmet River
Posted on 28 June 18 at 22:58
Another thing about dlc disks. You can just play the game from the dlc disk that's that I do. Only work around that I found with the Xbox one and dlc for 360 games
InfinityOnH1gh
Posted on 06 July 18 at 22:47
I had to go to the marketplace and download them.
Xelliz
Xelliz
Posted on 09 July 18 at 14:31
Unmet River said:
Another thing about dlc disks. You can just play the game from the dlc disk that's that I do. Only work around that I found with the Xbox one and dlc for 360 games
This is what I am doing. I've yet to use disc 1 from the ultimate edition.
DarthSchmuck
DarthSchmuck
Posted on 13 January 19 at 18:54
Have the two versions of F3NV (std & UE). Accidentally installed the standard game and played it until I saw it didn't have the DLC.
Uninstalled it, powered down the xbox one, unplugged the power brick, waited until the orange light went out, plugged it back in, booted up, inserted disk 2 of the UE version and now get the error [b]0x8082000c/This game isn't playable here. For a list of Xbox 360 games playable , etc. etc.....
I also have it installed on my xbox 360. Is that the problem - one installation per game only, i.e. can't have it installed on two separate machines?
Thanks for any help.
havocofsmeg
havocofsmeg
Posted on 13 January 19 at 19:13
DarthSchmuck said:
Have the two versions of F3NV (std & UE). Accidentally installed the standard game and played it until I saw it didn't have the DLC.
Uninstalled it, powered down the xbox one, unplugged the power brick, waited until the orange light went out, plugged it back in, booted up, inserted disk 2 of the UE version and now get the error [b]0x8082000c/This game isn't playable here. For a list of Xbox 360 games playable , etc. etc.....
I also have it installed on my xbox 360. Is that the problem - one installation per game only, i.e. can't have it installed on two separate machines?
Thanks for any help.
The standard edition is what disc 1 of the UE installs, try putting in the 2nd disc (which contains the DLC) and if a CD icon shows on your homepage, select that. The DLC should install from there.
Valar Morghulis
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.