Game Discussion: Lies of Astaroth Forum

In Game Feedback

AuthorMessage
HabitualNewt
HabitualNewt
203,376 TrueAchievement Points833 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 22:59
Posted on 14 March 17 at 18:13, Edited on 14 March 17 at 18:15 by HabitualNewt
New thread....everybody can go on and submit whatever, but id like to send then a constructive honest feedback from some of the games regular players....seems most of the top ranked are here.

Ill clean it up, so itll not be too long winded.

My ideas -

Dungeon daily reward scraps...we all get same ones, but id like to close gap between lower ranked players and the upper ranked. So, all chests get any scrap...whether 60 or 100....not just top % of chests get the highly sought after....give us a shot at composing that 'one' card.
Dungeon chests, should be the easier floors to open...give us that reward.

Give us a choice of a 5* card when 'luck' has been used.

Daily Packs. Should only contain a 1 or 2 max deck cards....plus extras. Pointless having same cards as a regular crystal pack....rotate them, give us a chance to save/ buy if (Santa, example) a certain card will appear in 4 days.

Improve AI % to align with how, we, the player see....45% miss rate for Tiamat seem nore like 95% for AI 25% for us (example).

Aplogies to those that are in the 1%....not meant to single out offend etc for eachs ingame hard work👍
YNWA
MidniteDLITE
MidniteDLITE
392,410 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Ratio: 2.1352249 posts
Last post: 28 Apr at 17:28
Posted on 14 March 17 at 18:18
If a card says 1/deck or 2/deck - it must be followed by AI!
MrZombieChicken
355,895 TrueAchievement Points351 completed games(Includes owned DLC)1,328 posts
Last post: 28 Apr at 19:58
Posted on 14 March 17 at 18:44
Auto-battles for maps.
I don't see why that was removed in the first place. It's not like they generate more cash from micro transactions by making us play the battle manually. It was pointless and incredibly annoying to remove that feature since battles don't consume energy anyway.
This space for rent.
Matt DB87
Matt DB87
10,979 comments6,004 votes1,144 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 21:16
Posted on 14 March 17 at 18:52
I agree. Not being able to autobattle right away is making this take so much longer than necessary.
https://www.paypal.me/mattdb87
pmWolf
pmWolf
416,326 TrueAchievement Points231 posts
Last post: 20 Apr at 17:14
Posted on 14 March 17 at 18:54
Better evolve system.

- Give me the option to keep my old 4th skill if the evolve stinks. (Oh cool, desperation hero heal of 50hp!)

- Give me the option to increase attack, or HP, or cooldown rate, or pump up an existing skill at evolve...instead of being 100% 4th skill focused.
Xpovos
Xpovos
161 completed games(Includes owned DLC)274,699 TrueAchievement Points1,010 posts
Last post: 28 Apr at 20:28
Posted on 14 March 17 at 19:07
Devolve/disenchant cards into a currency that we can use to enhance, rather than enhancing through the cumbersome system, even with auto-select, it's still a pain and often unpredictable, even after taking extensive measures to set up my own library.

Ability to "sell" or devolve duplicates for cards we don't have. I'd happily trade 10 Blade Queens for one 5-star card I'd actually use (say, a Doom Diviner).

And lastly, make the whole library available in a fair fashion. Limiting cards behind a paywall will not get me to spend money on this game. Making it fun and far has a far better chance.
Time not important; only life important.
xONLY INHUMANx
349,081 TrueAchievement Points1,804 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 16:43
Posted on 14 March 17 at 19:36
Auto battles need to come back. If people want to do it manually they can,but we should have the choice to.
MemoriesOfFinal
964,580 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Ratio: 2.55301,375 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 08:40
Posted on 14 March 17 at 20:05
I've submitted a lot of feedback recently. But, the one thing everyone should submit release more cards faster! wink
Matt DB87
Matt DB87
Posted on 14 March 17 at 20:09, Edited on 14 March 17 at 20:12 by Matt DB87
Plamen said:
It's a little out there but I would like to have something to work for in the far future, something which takes a lot of time to achieve e.g. evolve a card to Level 30 by using ten level 20 cards as material (basically 20 cards of the same kind, evolve them to get 10 cards, enchant each to get to lvl 20 (lots and lots of enchant material), then those can all be combined to make one Lvl 30 card. A level 30 card maybe doesn't have an extra skill, but you can switch its default race to whatever you like. This will make possible that even a 2* or 3* card can become with a lot of work more or less equal to a 5* card.

Then something even further down the the same path - two Lvl 30 cards can be combined to make one unique lvl 30 card, which is some kind of a mix of the skills and stats of the 2 material cards (mostly on random principle and with a lot of limitations so you cannot create some monster with Ice Shield and 2000 attack). Again for this one you can pick manually the race of the card.

Okay, enough daydreaming, now something more practical and realistic:
- make the game "Xbox Play Anywhere" title so we can also play on Win10 PC, and sync with your Xbox profile. Because I cannot drag my Xbox with me whenever I go on a business trip/vacation :)
I'm sorry but I don't like any of these ideas lol. Especially if they attached achievements to this, it would be the worst thing ever.

Using 10 lvl 20 cards as material sounds like the biggest waste of time and gold possible. On top of that doing it twice and than sacrificing one to make 1 better lvl 30 sounds like even more of waste.

Also if they made this Xbox Play Anywhere, they would throw all the horrible limitations of the mobile version onto this game making it 10x worse.

Most of us don't want to play this game for the rest of our life lol
xONLY INHUMANx
Posted on 14 March 17 at 20:11
another idea is to stop having laggy server's. i bought energy because of it
Plamen
Plamen
119,945 TrueAchievement Points169 posts
Last post: 24 Mar at 11:21
Posted on 14 March 17 at 23:25, Edited on 15 March 17 at 05:49 by Plamen
You don't think much in perspective, Matt. If we don't get something to work for in the future then it gets stale, because you've achieved everything possible. I am already at a place where I have barely anything to fight for, I have all the cards I wanted, and I evolved them to Lvl 20, beat every game mode, then what? Having Lvl 30 cards or any other idea in such perspective will give something else to strive for. You don't need to go into such details just to criticize how pointless this will be, because that specific idea doesn't matter that much, the point is to provoke the devs to bring more depth in the game, provide further challenges etc.

And I don't really understand what is this hussle for XBL achievements in LoA, there are so many games which give you gamerscore a lot easier than this one. So we shouldn't ask for any future depth content, just because it might make obtaining few achievements difficult? What kind of argument is that...

Anyway, about Xbox Play Anywhere. I see your concern. But I woudn't worry about it. Of course there's some chance this might happen, but I think they're aware that they cannot change the game in such drastic way (to bring it on par with the mobile version and put all kinds of limitations) because it will kill the game for all existing players. Once you set a standard, you cannot degrade the product suddenly because everyone will be pissed off. Also remember that Play Anywhere means on Xbox/PC, not Mobile, so it shouldn't bring any thoughts on bringing it on par with Mobile version.
MrZombieChicken
355,895 TrueAchievement Points351 completed games(Includes owned DLC)1,328 posts
Last post: 28 Apr at 19:58
Posted on 14 March 17 at 23:40, Edited on 14 March 17 at 23:43 by MrZombieChicken
xONLY INHUMANx said:
another idea is to stop having laggy server's. i bought energy because of it
That's somewhat comforting. I bought energy yesterday and felt like the dumbest person ever. I'm glad to see that I'm not, or at the very least I'm tied for it. wink

About Play anywhere, initially I thought it would be a bad idea because on the crap that comes with the mobile version. However, Win10 is not a mobile platform. Plus many people will continue to play strictly on the XB1 so it makes no sense to "punish" them as if they can play the game whenever they want to. I think the devs would be reasonable....I hope.
This space for rent.
Matt DB87
Matt DB87
Posted on 15 March 17 at 00:08, Edited on 15 March 17 at 00:40 by Matt DB87
I personally don't want the game to have any more depth or challenges if it will make the game less fun and possibly create more unobtainable achievements. Which I think it's the only thing these devs can do. I'd like them to just release a ton of cards so we can realistically get the 400 cards and end it at that.

Plamen said:
And I don't really understand what is this hussle for XBL achievements in LoA, there are so many games which give you gamerscore a lot easier than this one. So we shouldn't ask for any future depth content, just because it might make obtaining few achievements difficult? What kind of argument is that....
I'm not really sure how to reply to this comment. We all know there are plenty of other games to play, (I play them all) but don't we want to complete what we start if it's possible? Not that I do usually, but since I got this far, why not? I just don't want more achievements, because it will only get worse. We were lucky with this last update. They can add as much ridiculous crap as they want as long as there are no achievements attached. I think more people think my way on here, but I could be wrong. (No hate wink)
Plamen
Plamen
Posted on 15 March 17 at 01:32
I see. We are in TrueAchievements after all so I wouldn'be be surpised if most people think your way :) I see things differently, I love going for achievements but only when it's fun on its own, and if an achievement feels like a burden, or some kind of boring obligation, something that makes you sacrifice your gaming experience - then I would never go for it.

Anyway, this got me thinking - how many of the people here will continue to play LoA once they obtain all achievements... Or maybe LoA devs are smarter than we thought - they will always keep adding relatively easy achievements so they can keep your guys hooked all the time so you never quit ;)
Matt DB87
Matt DB87
Posted on 15 March 17 at 01:49
If they are easy I will stay. I try to play one new game a day though, so I balance this and another game everyday.
MemoriesOfFinal
Posted on 15 March 17 at 03:40, Edited on 15 March 17 at 03:42 by MemoriesOfFinal
Plamen said:
You don't think much in perspective, Memories. If we don't get something to work for in the future then it gets stale, because you've achieved everything possible. I am already at a place where I have barely anything to fight for, I have all the cards I wanted, and I evolved them to Lvl 20, beat every game mode, then what? Having Lvl 30 cards or any other idea in such perspective will give something else to strive for. You don't need to go into such details just to criticize how pointless this will be, because that specific idea doesn't matter that much, the point is to provoke the devs to bring more depth in the game, provide further challenges etc.

And I don't really understand what is this hussle for XBL achievements in LoA, there are so many games which give you gamerscore a lot easier than this one. So we shouldn't ask for any future depth content, just because it might make obtaining few achievements difficult? What kind of argument is that...

Anyway, about Xbox Play Anywhere. I see your concern. But I woudn't worry about it. Of course there's some chance this might happen, but I think they're aware that they cannot change the game in such drastic way (to bring it on par with the mobile version and put all kinds of limitations) because it will kill the game for all existing players. Once you set a standard, you cannot degrade the product suddenly because everyone will be pissed off. Also remember that Play Anywhere means on Xbox/PC, not Mobile, so it shouldn't bring any thoughts on bringing it on par with Mobile version.
erm.. those weren't my comments. But I don't agree with your feedback either. They already have plenty of content they have yet to release without something super wacky like level 30 cards.

I'm interested in what King of Kings is, and still would like to see what Lilith and Raider events are. The fact that I never heard of level 20 cards or Torment maps before they released it is a clear indicator they're capable of coming up with new content. I rather let them handle that. I'm still waiting on what "shared Thieves" and their "friend list" was going to be.

I also don't want more achievements in the future. At some point, I would like to see a finish line that way I can enjoy the fruition of my goals and aspirations. Sometimes, a good thing just doesn't know when to end until it becomes a shell of its former self. I don't want another Smite that releases achievement after achievement. I don't want another Gems of War either that releases new title updates with achievements one year apart from each other. My preference is to see a definitive end on the achievement side of things and then let the people who enjoy the game keep playing it further without the extra stipulations.

I don't have an opinion about on Xbox Play Anywhere. But I do have concerns any time they make a change. They have no problems moving the goal posts and they don't care about shifting standards. (removing xp from maps, including energy costs in maps, limiting all runes to one per deck after months etc). I wouldn't rule anything out from them.
Plamen
Plamen
Posted on 15 March 17 at 06:04
I knew you were thinking in the same way, Memories. That's why I answered you even before you state your opinion :D

Anyway, this was supposed to be a place to collect any ideas, not get into a debate. Ideas are just ideas, nothing else. The process of Brainstorming/idea generation shall focus on gathering a quantity of ideas, not quality, and any analysis/discussion on the content of the idea will only kill further idea generation.

So let's keep it on focus, please go ahead and write your own idea, don't focus on mine. Brainfarts are allowed as well, let your mind wonder, dream big, that kind of stuff ;)
MemoriesOfFinal
Posted on 15 March 17 at 06:16
I've suggested these to Dale already:

Dungeon feedback:

There's nothing "wrong" with the ranking system, but it promotes a very stressful/not-fun playing environment. You either get Rank 1-5 or you give up for the day because the prize for Rank 6-20 is only 6 Fafnir or 6 Tiamat scraps. Considering these are the only 2 drops that drop from Floor 80-88, it is a very bad/common prize in comparison to the universal 5* scraps. The King of Dungeon side event makes this even worse as you either get 5 from Rank 1-5 or just 2 from 6-9. The dungeon is already a tough feature for most to compete in, I think people wouldnt mind having one less thing to worry about by not having to speed run it (and make it more likely to reset rage by accident). I feel like people that can perform equally should have an equal chance at the same prize. It's not very fair to people that have to work a morning job and can't play until the late afternoon. They can never place in the top 5.

I'm happy they added new scraps to Floor 90-100, but I don't like seeing Curlew and Iron Soldier in the Floor 90-100 chests. When you see Anubis or Meteor Mage scraps, you feel like you earned those scraps. (Although I much rather see Meteor Mage scraps). When you see Curlew or Iron Soldier, you feel let down to see something really average. I'd prefer to see something like Rhea, Winged Snake, Fallen Angel, Santa or 6 Universal 5 star scraps (4 or 6 universal 5 star scrap already drop on lower floors).

Floor 80-88 only has 3 chests, but it's always Fafnir or Tiamat (I've only seen Easter Bunny scraps one time). I'd love to see Easter Bunny scraps be more common, and less Fafnir.

My update feedback:

The maps were a lot of fun. I'm very happy with the challenge and very happy with the rewards. My favorite had to be Map 12, challenging but not stressful. I found Map 13 tough, but okay. Some of the rulesets were a little too oppressive to be fun, but doable to complete.

I find that Map 13-8: 2 star, 13-9:2 star, and 13-11-3 star are too powerful. I've managed to complete them but I can't say I enjoyed it. 13-8-2 and 13-9-2 have too many monsters that summon way good 5* monsters to play a normal match. It comes down to dumb luck that the first few monsters it plays is not the summon monster cards. I'd like to see one Summon monster effect removed from each of level. I think that would feel more balanced. (most of the summoned monsters have immunity or ice shield, so there's no real way to interact with them quickly that far into their summon line once they come onto the field)

13-11-3 does everything and does it too well. It hits you hard, does a lot of spell damage, prevents graveyard use, revives their own creatures repeatedly, purify any status effects, and cuts your damage in half. It's too hard to do anything because they have an answer to everything but better. I would like to see the level again without the Phoenix with Soul Imprisonment or Fairy Queen with Purify. Just one of those abilities gone would make the level a lot better.

Map 11-7-3 was broken for me. Whenever the AI tried to draw cards, the match would lock up. The only solution was either to leave the level or wait for the autobattle. Might need a fix.

I love being able to see the opponents cards in Torment maps. It's quite nice.

I love seeing the luck index in the Towers. It still would take me a month to find a 5* star monster like before the update, but at least I know I'm more likely to see it.

Exploring in Torment maps are great, but now the towers feel like they don't reward enough. It seems better to just explore and try to get scraps you need. Nothing in the tower really compares to the scraps, since at least the scraps you'll get what you need eventually. There's no certainty in towers and unless it's a 5 star monster, the scraps are better. I don't know what can be done but I figured I'd point it out.

I'd like to see Tiamat added back into the Mystery Tower. It did drop back in October, but disappeared without an official announcement of its removal. (I remember the news post that removed cards like Queen of Scorpio, Ares, and Hydra from the towers, but it did not have Tiamat on there)

Misc suggestions/ things I would like to see:

I'd love to have a way to collect the pumpkin cards again (and I'm sure others would like to get other envoy cards again). The thief and tower refused to drop their pumpkins for me, and the 1000 crystal packs I bought during the event gave me 5 star monsters. The prize was a Easter Bunny. I have two of those now (most from event scraps), but I don't have the pumpkins lol. I liking collecting everything if possible.

Free match gives no gold or xp right now. If it stays like that, I'd like a way to search for specific people to fight their decks.

I'd like a way to play my own deck to test them out. It doesn't have to be for any rewards, just for amusement and deck testing.

I remember people criticized the game because the matches could be Autobattled from the start of the match. Well, the long time veterans of this game would love to see Autobattle added back into the maps during the beginning and prefer this simplified way of playing. The people that hated the Autobattle weren't going to like Lies of Astaroth anyways. Right now, Autobattle becomes available after a few minutes, but that still feels like it takes a long time. I think most of us would not mind being able to Autobattle and just get the easy matches over with. There's no challenge in the early maps to us.

Currently Demon invasions are at 07:00 and 14:00. The dungeon opens at 08:00. Everything starts really early on Lies of Astaroth. I'd love to see some kind of event for 18:00 or later.

Scrap suggestions:

Being able to choose a scrap type would be nice when opening chests in the dungeons. Would be good to build towards something, Right now there's a huge assortment of scrap choices and limited chests. Will only get harder when more scraps get added.

When it comes to tower rewards/torment scraps, hopefully they'll improve the tower. Even if they made the torment scraps worse, people would still rather farm something consistent. Nerfing the torment scraps would just annoy people a lot, so hopefully its the towers that get optimized.

It would be nice to see a universal scrap conversion system, like we have with runes. It gives people that get 4* scraps a chance to catch up.

I'd like to explore for Universal 5* card scraps in Torment maps, even if it's rare.

Deck suggestions:

Would love to see the new seeing opponents cards feature be included in dungeon and towers as well.

Setting a PvP defense deck is one of the best features yet. I'd like to see a few deck slots to swap defenses quickly from time to time. It'd be nice to copy/transfer our current decks into the pvp deck slot.

It would be nice to have more deck slots. The demon decks take up most of the available slots, so it's hard to customize many options.

It would be nice to access the deck list during the thief screen and demon screen, similar to how you can access the deck while playing the campaign maps.

Card reward/prize suggestions:

Turkeys/Easter Eggs/event cards would be nice to see in Mystery Tower during their events. We do have to use energy to fight those after all (I think this one has been suggested before)

I'd like to see the Thief prize pool improved. It feels left behind compared to every other feature, even the 4 star and 5 star rewards seem extremely hard to find and rather unexciting/unneeded. (No one with a level 100 thief is going to want to use a Royal Guard or Orc General for example). As for recent events, I really enjoyed the 5 scrap of Cursed Witch for beating thieves event, but the 2 scrap of Iron Soldier version is too little to be interesting. I think an updated prize pool and a random 5* star card scrap that changes each week would be more exciting.

Magic Tickets rewards needs to improve. There's no real way to consistently get magic tickets except logging in Friday and yet the last 2 events needed 40 magic tickets. The prizes are skewed so much to just the 3 star monsters that it just isn't exciting to open them. Basically what I'm trying to say is that for something that's meant to be used, there's no point to use them. It's hard to get a lot and it's better to not use them and hold them to be opened for event rewards, because that's the only consistent thing you can expect to see. It's need more ways to get them, and better prizes? Maybe throw in random extra 5* scraps?

Skill shuffle:

It would be nice to say no to a skill shuffle but keep the progress to skill shuffling forward. Having a decent skill, then getting 3 Desperation: Skills in a row is awful. I don't want to see an S rank shuffle Desperation skill. Sure if I could pay to replace the skills, I'd keep going, but it's not a option right now, so that really blows. Some of these cards take a long time to replace. If we could see the next skill shuffle before committing, that would be even better. (but I dont expect it)
MemoriesOfFinal
Posted on 15 March 17 at 06:22, Edited on 15 March 17 at 06:25 by MemoriesOfFinal
Dale mentioned : We’ll optimize the game according to everyone’s suggestion.

So if enough people say that they want Daily packs to be cheaper costing, then they may consider it. (an unlikely example)
xONLY INHUMANx
Posted on 15 March 17 at 06:29, Edited on 15 March 17 at 06:38 by xONLY INHUMANx
100% with everything you said memories.

if people don't like the auto battle feature,they don't have to use it.

for me.
1)bring back auto battle's from the start.
2)the tower's/mt need new rewards even if they are shit cards,bring more out so we can go for the achievement's.
3) thief rewards are too shit,so like in previous event's kill 5 thieves get scraps.
4)magic ticket's are pointless.
5) i would rather material cards in mt besides the same shitty 3 star cards.
6) tower's for world 9-13.
7)change the button's for buying energy/thief restart's ect. the game does lag and you do rebuy that shit by mistake.
8) pretty much everything that memories said
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.