Community News

News for and about the community. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Introducing a New TrueAchievements Monthly Event: TA Playlist

• KalujoKalujo428,470
    Posted on 19 March 17 at 02:42
    My vote would be for Alan Wake. I started it. Loved it but never got back to it. This would definitely give me a good reason to.
  • Posted on 19 March 17 at 05:16
    Alan Wake of course. Such a wonderfully crafted game!
  • EurydaceEurydace652,644
    Posted on 19 March 17 at 05:49
    TVippy said:
    I'd like this to be:

1. Purely historical - only 360 games.
    2. Base months around months 10 years ago. Example: for the month of April 2017 you should offer for voting 4 games from April 2007. This will help understand how games (industry) change with time.

P.S. Alan Wake, to play the now free DLC's.
    We may have themed months but I can guarantee we will never have games that aren't at least playable on Xbox One through BC.
  • TVippyTVippy29,633
    Posted on 19 March 17 at 09:47
    Sidequestion: is there a way to get PM notifications when someone quotes you in the forums? Or how do people keep track of all the threads they're currently reading and posting in???
    I don't play games very often. :( If you have a close GamerScore, add me! We'll compete. :)
  • Posted on 19 March 17 at 09:51, Edited on 19 March 17 at 09:51 by TrueAchievement
    TVippy said:
    Sidequestion: is there a way to get PM notifications when someone quotes you in the forums? Or how do people keep track of all the threads they're currently reading and posting in???
    Threads you post in automatically get added to My Threads

You can also subscribe to entire forums from here which will also allow you to see new posts from those boards in My Threads

You can also subscribe to email updates on threads you care most about by clicking on the Thread dropdown bottom on the thread itself.
  • SupaduparichSupaduparich703,224
    Posted on 19 March 17 at 15:06
    Great idea for an event TA. I own all four but have only 100% Wolfenstein so hopefully one of the others wins. Finishing up Alan Wake or Batman could be fun.
  • BreakBaconBreakBacon39,743
    Posted on 19 March 17 at 16:52
    i don't play horror games but i will if it turns out that is the community selection
  • M0j0s d0j0M0j0s d0j046,855
    Posted on 19 March 17 at 19:22, Edited on 19 March 17 at 19:23 by M0j0s d0j0
    Alan wake, one of my favourite games ever, have the special edition, the book just love it.

Must replay it on this account been through it so many times.
  • BinaryOniBinaryOni731,758
    Posted on 19 March 17 at 21:04
    This is a great idea! I own all four games and I have never got around to playing them. So I guess I'll be playing at least one of them next month. clap
  • Posted on 19 March 17 at 22:23
    Completed three, boost those ratios :)
    Aye, we left you. You're fat, and slow, and we didn't want to die.
  • JkeeezyJkeeezy68,662
    Posted on 19 March 17 at 22:29
    Great idea...TA nails it again. Torn between Dishonored and Asylum...i voted Asylum but ill probly change 5 times before end of day
    Jkeeezy
  • dizzytechmandizzytechman512,729
    Posted on 19 March 17 at 22:32
    Alan Wake, by far! But it should be on the list for October. But never the less love the game and need to find time to finish the game.
  • M3TApsilonXVM3TApsilonXV162,206
    Posted on 19 March 17 at 23:20
    I chose Alan Wake because I'm in the middle part of the game & wouldn't mind help towards finally completing it.
  • RAYYONNRAYYONN127,391
    Posted on 20 March 17 at 14:00
    Always wanted to play Batman's Arkin nights so there my vote any idea's on where to get it and how much X Box One-S THANKS
  • Posted on 20 March 17 at 14:35
    RAYYONN said:
    Always wanted to play Batman's Arkin nights so there my vote any idea's on where to get it and how much X Box One-S THANKS
    This time it is Arkham Asylum, not Arkham Knight. Asylum is very first Batman game from Rocksteady. You can buy the first two Batman games in a bundle for Xbox One right here: https://www.microsoft.com/store/p/batman-return-to-arkham/br...

You can get Batman Arkham Knight with all the DLC right here: https://www.microsoft.com/store/p/batman-arkham-knight-premi...

You can see the prices on the webpage, hopefully in your own region pricing. You might be able to find a cheaper version on disc for either bundle as stores needs to empty out their stocks, while digital doesn't fill up shelve space.
    Looking for writers for gamingirl.com. PM me for more information.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 March 17 at 14:50
    Just seeing this today & wanted to add my 2 cent comment - "This is an awesome idea! Love the way TA is growing better each year."clap
    A simple bad habit will mar an otherwise flawless character, as a single ink drop soils the pure white page.
  • JaceTheAce81JaceTheAce81325,233
    Posted on 20 March 17 at 15:07
    I love this idea! It's like a book club for gamers!
    JaceTheAce81
  • Posted on 20 March 17 at 19:35
    Such a great idea! Looking forward to it. Torn between Dishonored as an excuse to replay it, or Wolfenstein as ive never played it.
  • RacxieRacxie575,791
    Posted on 21 March 17 at 10:11
    I'd have said Alan Wake hands down if I hadn't already completed it laugh Need to finish Arkham Asylum but should be grabbing my copy of Dishonoured when I go back home next month and would rather play that than finish off Batman smile
  • spankyNspronklespankyNspronkle1,137,427
    Posted on 21 March 17 at 21:18
    Rather than offer up a Game of the Year-sized poll listing every game we're tracking, we decided it would be best to curate a quartet of titles each month. Some months may be themed, like Horror, Superheroes, Games with Gold, or Indies Only. Each month we’ll choose what we hope is an eclectic and engaging foursome from a variety of genres, each worthy of a month of discussion and an episode of the podcast.
    I think that the titles not chosen should go back into a list of games to be up for a vote down the road in a different month. It would be a disservice to this new idea to have Arkham Asylum or Wolfenstein never be up for consideration again just because Alan Wake won (or any other combination).

Just my $0.02...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads