Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Street Fighter IV and More Now Backward Compatible

AuthorMessage
DaveKinetic
DaveKinetic
Posted on 16 March 17 at 16:01
More titles join the Backward Compatibility program

Please click here to read the story: Street Fighter IV and More Now Backward Compatible
Erunion
Erunion
Posted on 16 March 17 at 16:02
Not Super? They should've just done both at once.
dirtysock47
dirtysock47
Posted on 16 March 17 at 16:09
Erunion said:
I was thinking the same thing, since more people have the Super version due to it being GwG already. But I will take it, considering BC announcements have been strangely dry for the past couple weeks.
NeoStrayCat
NeoStrayCat
Posted on 16 March 17 at 16:12
Yeah, weird though, but at least its there, though the rest like Hyper Fighting and 3SO have yet to make their way over BC. Hopefully one day, but at least SFIV will do for now.
The Alternate Truth is Yet to be Found!
GrantX360
GrantX360
Posted on 16 March 17 at 16:18
Have we had it confirmed that it is just the original version of SF IV... I guess at least its another Capcom game. (Crosses fingers for the Resident Evils once the remakes stop selling)
pezboyben
pezboyben
Posted on 16 March 17 at 16:24
Nice! I own Luxor 2 and Poker Smash! More to add to the external!
gobey17
gobey17
Posted on 16 March 17 at 16:34, Edited on 16 March 17 at 17:55 by gobey17
Three playthroughs of Luxor 2 is enough to drive you batty thanks to the difficulty achievements not stacking. And its tough and exhausting even on easy! Don't think even going BC is enough to motivate me to finish it. :/
Kedrix
Kedrix
Posted on 16 March 17 at 16:35
Just a note, Luxor 2 is on the Xbox Live Arcade Compilation disc(not Unplugged, the other one) which can usually be had for dirt cheap at most used shops. Now I'm not home to try it out, but it should work. FYI.
Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
CRZYSPZ
CRZYSPZ
Posted on 16 March 17 at 16:46
Erunion said:
Probably just doing the same thing they did with X:COM.
Give us the vanilla first so we at least have something, then make the special version BC within the next few weeks.
vSully
vSully
Posted on 16 March 17 at 17:23
Luxor 2 is a nightmare for achievement completion. An absolute nightmare. I don't want to know how much time I spent grinding and abusing the save system in order to get that game completed.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 16 March 17 at 17:28
If they make Super Street Fighter IV backwards compatible, maybe I'll play it. Years ago someone hacked into my Xbox Live account and bought that and Mark of the Ninja. Microsoft gave me my money back but let me keep the games. Annoyingly whoever it was popped an achievement in Mark of the Ninja, so I have to go back and finish that game eventually.
RumbleFish10
RumbleFish10
Posted on 16 March 17 at 17:56
Do people actually request and want this? These lists seem awfully random to me.

I'd rather see games like Dead Space 2 and Saints Row The Third become BC. I wouldn't say no to more Arkham or Metro either, even if they've been remastered already.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 16 March 17 at 18:00
Haunting reminder I still need to work on Luxor 2. Suppose I'll have to entertain that one at some point.

It's much harder to bring myself to some of the harder 360 games these days, when even some of the easier One games can have much more attainable high score and high ratio. 11 or 12 ratio for an achievement means a lot more for last-gen...
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
Erunion
Erunion
Posted on 16 March 17 at 18:01
dirtysock47 said:
Erunion said:
I was thinking the same thing, since more people have the Super version due to it being GwG already. But I will take it, considering BC announcements have been strangely dry for the past couple weeks.
Honestly it's actually more than I was expecting (for a while, anyway). I kinda though they would completely ignore making SF b/c at all to try and play up the PlayStation side of the franchise with V. (Then came the Ultra II announcement on Switch, and I rethought things a bit more. redface)
The Globalizer
Posted on 16 March 17 at 18:05
FYI, the previous set of BC titles are tagged in this article for no apparent reason. Guessing copypasta.
jh51681
jh51681
Posted on 16 March 17 at 18:14
Kedrix said:
Just a note, Luxor 2 is on the Xbox Live Arcade Compilation disc(not Unplugged, the other one) which can usually be had for dirt cheap at most used shops. Now I'm not home to try it out, but it should work. FYI.
It works. Feeding Frenzy is BC on the disc too.
FuzzedUpCookie
Posted on 16 March 17 at 18:27
jh51681 said:
Kedrix said:
It works. Feeding Frenzy is BC on the disc too.
Nice to know, gonna install the disc later on (and hope it doesn't make my X1 take off like it does to my 360 for some reason roll )
Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
LilGurgi
LilGurgi
Posted on 16 March 17 at 18:28
Received a message about Dead Rising 2: Case Zero being BC and brought me to this story. Interesting.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 16 March 17 at 18:32
LilGurgi said:
Received a message about Dead Rising 2: Case Zero being BC and brought me to this story. Interesting.
It is in the related items in the top right corner... what for though, I have no idea laugh
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
TwistahXD
TwistahXD
Posted on 16 March 17 at 18:38
Luxor 2' description says at one point "Unleash the power of Isis" Yeah, don't do that
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.