Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Street Fighter IV and More Now Backward Compatible

AuthorMessage
DaMikeSC
1,069,157
DaMikeSC
Posted on 16 March 17 at 18:42
Poker Smash is one of the overlooked gems of the 360. Difficult for achievements, but one of the more fun puzzle games out there.
CanadianWhizKid
Posted on 16 March 17 at 18:46
Shinnizle said:
LilGurgi said:
Received a message about Dead Rising 2: Case Zero being BC and brought me to this story. Interesting.
It is in the related items in the top right corner... what for though, I have no idea laugh
Same, that and Cars 2 for me in my inbox! laugh Good to see another chunk of games, although I'm only familiar with SF IV.
FreshAspek
305,685
FreshAspek
Posted on 16 March 17 at 18:49
Happy about Luxor
ElurianRaven
554,315
ElurianRaven
Posted on 16 March 17 at 19:27
ugh - so many garbage games being released for Backwards Compatibility

when can I see Dead Space 2/3? Assassins Creed 3? After two weeks without more games, this announcement was incredibly depressing

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 16 March 17 at 19:30
Wasn't there a trick on Luxor 2 using dashboarding? Will that still work on the One?
MrZombieChicken
Posted on 16 March 17 at 20:04, Edited on 16 March 17 at 20:04 by MrZombieChicken
So why are the rest of the games not mentioned? Here is the communication I got in a PM my inbox:

Hi there

We have just published news of some of your games that are now backwards compatible on Xbox One:

Cars 2
Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
Meet the Robinsons
Luxor 2
Dead Rising 2: Case West

Click here for all the details.

To unsubscribe from these notifications please change your Backwards Compatibility setting here.
This space for rent.
Yellow Worker
112,684
Yellow Worker
Posted on 16 March 17 at 20:09
Maybe all of us that played Ultra SFIV can't stand to play SFIV anymore. Please, bring us USFIV back, as PS4 did.
Rista B
374,779
Rista B
Posted on 16 March 17 at 20:09
MrZombieChicken said:
So why are the rest of the games not mentioned? Here is the communication I got in a PM my inbox:

Hi there

We have just published news of some of your games that are now backwards compatible on Xbox One:

Cars 2
Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
Meet the Robinsons
Luxor 2
Dead Rising 2: Case West

Click here for all the details.

To unsubscribe from these notifications please change your Backwards Compatibility setting here.
Add me to the list of confused gamers that don't see their games mentioned in the article after receiving a message indicating they would be...
Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
WickedDeath
456,883
WickedDeath
Posted on 16 March 17 at 20:13
This shit is sucking my gaming soul right out of me. I don't care, or want, old ass games on my new system. I am tired of all the app games that liter the damn thing already. where are the NEW games? REAL GAMES?
SteadySphere
551,829
SteadySphere
Posted on 16 March 17 at 20:31
jh51681 said:
Kedrix said:
Just a note, Luxor 2 is on the Xbox Live Arcade Compilation disc(not Unplugged, the other one) which can usually be had for dirt cheap at most used shops. Now I'm not home to try it out, but it should work. FYI.
It works. Feeding Frenzy is BC on the disc too.
Yep, and Boom Boom Rocket. I put the disc in, it started to install (and I think booted up Feeding Frenzy immediately as I had that installed from EA Access I think). Not that I'm particularly psyched to play Luxor 2 and it's hard, odd numbered achievements :'(
Piston Toyota
770,434
Piston Toyota
Posted on 16 March 17 at 21:23
Rista B said:
MrZombieChicken said:
So why are the rest of the games not mentioned? Here is the communication I got in a PM my inbox:

Hi there

We have just published news of some of your games that are now backwards compatible on Xbox One:

Cars 2
Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
Meet the Robinsons
Luxor 2
Dead Rising 2: Case West

Click here for all the details.

To unsubscribe from these notifications please change your Backwards Compatibility setting here.
Add me to the list of confused gamers that don't see their games mentioned in the article after receiving a message indicating they would be...
Same here! I got a Case Zero notification even though I'm pretty sure it was already BC some time ago. It's not the first time I've got a weird BC notification PM either. Some kind of bug?
mcnichoj
188,875
mcnichoj
Posted on 16 March 17 at 21:45
PLAYER Kiiro 4 said:
Maybe all of us that played Ultra SFIV can't stand to play SFIV anymore. Please, bring us USFIV back, as PS4 did.
PS4 didn't "bring it back", it got a port. Said port was a horrific burning dumpster garbage btw. Basically unplayable. The FGC just kept using last gens version for tournaments.

lol@the people crying over the games we got or didn't get. Simple logistics is a concept way above many of your heads.
vSully
661,101
vSully
Posted on 16 March 17 at 22:00
o DEEVIUS o said:
Wasn't there a trick on Luxor 2 using dashboarding? Will that still work on the One?
It was actually much faster to sign out of your profile and sign back in, but either way, I imagine it would still work.

Understand, though, that even with abusing the save system like that, the related achievements are still an extreme pain in the ass and take hours and hours and hours of grinding and resetting saves in order to complete.
aka Kryptonian
Posted on 16 March 17 at 22:16
Erunion said:
Not Super? They should've just done both at once.
Agreed but I'll take just the one for now. One of the few BC games I'll actually play on the X1.
Pretend inferiority and encourage their arrogance.
o Supreme Fox o
Posted on 16 March 17 at 23:26
I'm still waiting for FlatOut UC and Dead or Alive 4!!! COME ON facepalm
bblcreator8790
Posted on 16 March 17 at 23:56
Piston Toyota said:
Rista B said:
MrZombieChicken said:
So why are the rest of the games not mentioned? Here is the communication I got in a PM my inbox:

Hi there

We have just published news of some of your games that are now backwards compatible on Xbox One:

Cars 2
Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
Meet the Robinsons
Luxor 2
Dead Rising 2: Case West

Click here for all the details.

To unsubscribe from these notifications please change your Backwards Compatibility setting here.
Add me to the list of confused gamers that don't see their games mentioned in the article after receiving a message indicating they would be...
Same here! I got a Case Zero notification even though I'm pretty sure it was already BC some time ago. It's not the first time I've got a weird BC notification PM either. Some kind of bug?
I got the PM too, not sure why it's gone out so late but Case Zero and Case West were in the last batch of backwards compatible games from a few weeks ago. So they're relatively new to BC, but the message is several weeks late for some reason.
Cpt Cluster3s
124,369
Cpt Cluster3s
Posted on 17 March 17 at 00:30
Keep 4 and give us 3s
calamari foo
593,759
calamari foo
Posted on 17 March 17 at 00:32
Poker Smash is a really fun game. One of my favorite xbla games and a great 2-player vs game too.
Fire Hawk D
1,254,243
Fire Hawk D
Posted on 17 March 17 at 02:05
WickedDeath said:
This shit is sucking my gaming soul right out of me. I don't care, or want, old ass games on my new system. I am tired of all the app games that liter the damn thing already. where are the NEW games? REAL GAMES?
What buffoon comes into an article about an optional program on Xbox One and complains about it? What even are you on about?
DeafGhostbuster
Posted on 17 March 17 at 02:19
I am grateful that Hitman Absolution is backward compatible but what I would like now is Blood Money so I can start doing PRO/SO/SA only runs.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.