Game Discussion: Overwatch: Origins Edition Forum

Not a MOBA

AuthorMessage
ImJustYourDaddy
381,026 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Site Rank: 5,359 out of 354,065285 posts
Last post: 20 Mar at 13:21
Posted on 19 March 17 at 02:21
Overwatch is definitely not a MOBA, I'd like someone to give me a valid argument as to why it is in the MOBA genre
R.I.P. our Lord and Savior Harambe
Our Afflictions
3 walkthroughs ownedTrueAchievement Ratio: 1.72952,130 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 01:30
Posted on 19 March 17 at 05:20
You can revote soon.
Living Legends
TrueAchievements ModeratorTrueAchievement Ratio: 1.98782,925 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 23:53
Posted on 20 March 17 at 07:22
ImJustYourDaddy said:
Overwatch is definitely not a MOBA, I'd like someone to give me a valid argument as to why it is in the MOBA genre
It is a MOBA by being MP Online Battle Arena type of game. What fails it to be a complete MOBA is the elements behind it that makes a MOBA. You don't have items to be purchasing, leveling up in game, minions etc. It has the teamwork, online only MP, special events. With these elements missing it is a shooter.
Our Afflictions
Posted on 20 March 17 at 08:10
Living Legends said:
ImJustYourDaddy said:
It is a MOBA by being MP Online Battle Arena type of game. What fails it to be a complete MOBA is the elements behind it that makes a MOBA. You don't have items to be purchasing, leveling up in game, minions etc. It has the teamwork, online only MP, special events. With these elements missing it is a shooter.
It's a shooter.

CoD, battlefield, gears, are not MOBAs.

Gotham City Imposters wasn't a MOBA.

Overwatch isn't either.
Living Legends
Posted on 20 March 17 at 08:28, Edited on 20 March 17 at 08:37 by Living Legends
I clearly said it is a shooter with MOBA elements. It's missing the key foundations for why it should be listed as a MOBA

Plus all those other games have co-op and story mode (except BACK)Overwatch does not
Our Afflictions
Posted on 20 March 17 at 08:33
Living Legends said:
I clearly said it is a shooter with MOBA elements. It's missing the key foundations for why it should be listed as a MOBA
Wasn't disagreeing with you, just adding some more points wink
Living Legends
Posted on 20 March 17 at 08:41
Our Afflictions said:
Living Legends said:
You did not add any points because those games have story, co-op and MP. Overwatch is just an online arena game.
Our Afflictions
Posted on 20 March 17 at 08:58
Living Legends said:
Our Afflictions said:
Living Legends said:
You did not add any points because those games have story, co-op and MP. Overwatch is just an online arena game.
I did add points because those games have everything you listed in their multiplayer modes. That doesn't mean their multiplayer modes are MOBAs.

Also, GCI has no single player.

Whatever though, argue to argue
ImJustYourDaddy
381,026 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Site Rank: 5,359 out of 354,065285 posts
Last post: 20 Mar at 13:21
Posted on 20 March 17 at 13:21
Living Legends said:
ImJustYourDaddy said:
Battleborn is a MOBA that also has a campaign btw... just saying
R.I.P. our Lord and Savior Harambe
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.