Game Discussion: Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Burning Earth Forum

What's the exact story behind this game?

AuthorMessage
TVippy
TVippy
Posted on 19 March 17 at 21:31
I mean, what was the devs' thought process when they made all the achievements obtainable in 5 minutes?

Was it as simple as "we know we have a crap game on our hands. At least with easy achievements we'll sell some copies to ach. whores"?

What's weird is that I think back then, back when the game was developed the term "achievement whorring" wasn't invented yet and developers didn't really know if achievements are of any interest to the gaming masses.
I don't play games very often. :( If you have a close GamerScore, add me! We'll compete. :)
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 19 March 17 at 22:16
I don't think they intended the achievements to be so easy. People found a cheese.
Game On.
TVippy
TVippy
Posted on 20 March 17 at 21:42
A loophole? I never bothered to actually watch the "guides" for the achievements, but I read that you only need to spam one button. How could the devs not know this? Besides, having only 5 achievements for 1000GS is fishy in and of itself.
I don't play games very often. :( If you have a close GamerScore, add me! We'll compete. :)
TVippy
TVippy
Posted on 20 March 17 at 21:44
What's more is by October 2007 (this game's release month) all the devs in the community were well aware of how to properly use the achievement system, it wasn't the "wild west" of 2005 anymore.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.