Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft Introduces the Xbox Wireless Controller Tech Series

AuthorMessage
PunchedInTheEar
Posted on 23 March 17 at 23:35
Can't wait for this
PunchedInTheEar
XenomorphFiend
Posted on 23 March 17 at 23:56
Healtti said:
Phernost said:
If the rubber grips fall off like they do on the Elite, I'll pass.
Kanchanaburi said:
yeah, my right one fell off my Luna white controller and don't seem to fit back on...
+1
angry
So they fall off on the Elite & Luna? I have the Forza controller with the diamond plate grips, had it for about 14 months now with pretty heavy wear some times, and it's still going strong... If I recall correctly, the Elite doesn't have the diamond plate grips but the Luna does? Curious.

As far as the controller on this news item, I like the design. I love the diamond plate grips. I don't think I'll be spending $70 on it though... I would rather get an Elite if I'm getting a new controller, but I'm waiting for either new designs or even better a design lab Elite... And we should get the option on the design lab to choose between no grips, diamond plate grips or the regular textured grips. I find it silly they left that feature out.
'Member? WickedDeath : "That used car salesman Larry herb will be saying what an amazing deal it is..."
S P 4 C E Y
S P 4 C E Y
Posted on 24 March 17 at 00:03
In developing this new controller series, the Xbox team was inspired by military technology and performance patterns, exploring concepts stemming from combat armor and sci-fi mechanical gear. Premium finishes like a laser etched texture, gold accents and insignia are on the front of the controller.

Marketing nonsense really. It's a less-than-pretty controller skin, with some rubber on the back.

A team was seriously overpaid and underworked to create this.
Category 3D SFA Referee - PSIA Freestyle Ski Coach with M.A in Politics. Random huh?
O V LORD ALDUIN
Posted on 24 March 17 at 00:09
Nice controller..I know they keep coming out with new controllers all the time.
OV
Fried Murloc
Fried Murloc
Posted on 24 March 17 at 02:02
Is it called "military" only because of it's looks? How about durability, especially thumb sticks?
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 24 March 17 at 02:58
almost preordered it and then thought, what the hell, why would i preorder a controller? will the store have non for sale when it gets release? aRE THEY giving me a preorder DLC - Nope.... so why bother
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 24 March 17 at 03:11
Will the CoPilot feature have an impact on FPS game Leaderboards? Potentially a couch partner could "assist" during frantic fire-fights, no?
Evc
443,323 443,323 GamerScore
Evc
Posted on 24 March 17 at 03:54
I was just looking into maybe getting another Xbox One S controller but this looks really nice. May have to get one of these instead.
Sanada
Sanada
Posted on 24 March 17 at 04:31
Wonder if it's a military grade d-pad...after doing Ultimate Marvel I'd definitely say the One d-pad could use an upgrade. laugh
CAP n C0RNBREAD
Posted on 24 March 17 at 04:44
If it half as bad as the quality of the elite I'll pass. Still raw over my bumper falling off while I was playing Lies of Asiroth.
Morpheus414
Morpheus414
Posted on 24 March 17 at 07:49
Those idiots are making new controllers and they still won't fix the Elite.

Wow.
Lord Midas
Lord Midas
Posted on 24 March 17 at 09:40
Had my Elite for over a year and it's still perfect. IF shit is breaking on the Elite then get it replaced.

Anyway, we've got controllers coming out of our ears. How about they make a little wireless headset, like they had for the 360.
I mean, they go to all the trouble of state of the art wireless controllers, but you still need to wire your headset into it. pfft
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 24 March 17 at 11:29
Another controller? Where is the wireless headset?
Hawk xVx
Hawk xVx
Posted on 24 March 17 at 11:33
now this controller i can get behind. i love the rubberized grip, looks nice too. My only question is... are the internals any better then current iterations, i really am getting tired of buying controllers due to drift. I'll be buying one but i'll also be buying it from somewhere and getting the extended warranty.
Viper8828
Viper8828
Posted on 24 March 17 at 11:52
Healtti said:
Phernost said:
If the rubber grips fall off like they do on the Elite, I'll pass.
Kanchanaburi said:
yeah, my right one fell off my Luna white controller and don't seem to fit back on...
+1
angry
ugh that pisses me off to find out, i havent bought an xbox one yet but im looking into it now for when the scorpio comes out. im so effin angry how these companies keep raising hte prices but the quality has turn to [poop] not worth the money!
is that Hydro
is that Hydro
Posted on 24 March 17 at 12:12
I don't even need controllers - but this one is mine! clap
A simple bad habit will mar an otherwise flawless character, as a single ink drop soils the pure white page.
FailedSeppuku
FailedSeppuku
Posted on 24 March 17 at 12:33
Wish they would do the limited colours for the Elite line too, i'd love a Shadow series Elite controller.
Fuchsdh
Fuchsdh
Posted on 24 March 17 at 12:57
The diamond rubberized grips are definitely the best ones they have out there; love my Lunar White for that reason.

I haven't had any issues with mine, unlike some people here. Rubber is fine. Only wear and tear to it is that I've slowly started rubbing the texture on the thumbsticks smooth.
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 24 March 17 at 14:02, Edited on 24 March 17 at 14:02 by I8ITackyticsI8I
Lord Midas said:
Had my Elite for over a year and it's still perfect. IF shit is breaking on the Elite then get it replaced.

Anyway, we've got controllers coming out of our ears. How about they make a little wireless headset, like they had for the 360.
I mean, they go to all the trouble of state of the art wireless controllers, but you still need to wire your headset into it. pfft
Why not just use earphones with a mic? I do that now. The same ones I use for my phone I use for my xbox and the clarity is great. Don't have to worry about the headset getting heavy etc..
PainfulLegacy
PainfulLegacy
Posted on 24 March 17 at 14:30
Lost Legends said:
How about a damn wired controller. Come on MS 3 1/2 years and still no wired controllers .
You can buy a 6 ft. micro-USB cable for like $5, android phones also come with and use micro-USB cables for charging.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.