Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft Introduces the Xbox Wireless Controller Tech Series

AuthorMessage
PainfulLegacy
PainfulLegacy
Posted on 24 March 17 at 14:36
I8ITackyticsI8I said:
Lord Midas said:
Had my Elite for over a year and it's still perfect. IF shit is breaking on the Elite then get it replaced.

Anyway, we've got controllers coming out of our ears. How about they make a little wireless headset, like they had for the 360.
I mean, they go to all the trouble of state of the art wireless controllers, but you still need to wire your headset into it. pfft
Why not just use earphones with a mic? I do that now. The same ones I use for my phone I use for my xbox and the clarity is great. Don't have to worry about the headset getting heavy etc..
I do the same thing, I actually prefer using the Samsung earphones/mic that came with my phone, over the Xbox stereo headset that I have. They're lightweight, have better sound clarity/quality, and they aren't annoying to wear over long gaming periods. I also use the micro-USB cable that came with my phone to make my controller wired.
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 24 March 17 at 14:54
I have preordered this. Really expensive at £60 but that grip is like the grip on my favourite controllers and the style reminds me of 'the ones who came before' from Assassin's Creed.
Ratpoizen
Ratpoizen
Posted on 24 March 17 at 18:45
Lost Legends said:
I have a micro usb from my play and charge, I'd like a real wired controller. And a wireless headset , would that be asking too much

Edit- I'll look into that hori one , but MS has just dropped the ball on so many things that they perfectly fine previous gen
I'm with you, I'd like a real wired controller. I've had like 4 micro USB cables to
charge my wireless pad but the cable never lasts long. Also I always get messages like "reconnect your controller to xbox one" etc even though it trying to charge. It's really annoying.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 24 March 17 at 18:59
This is beautiful.

I don't care about MS-branded wired controllers...

...I want new Hori turbo controllers.
BreakBacon
BreakBacon
Posted on 24 March 17 at 19:42
got mine, it is a necessary upgrade for me
Redders 420
Redders 420
Posted on 24 March 17 at 21:57
Healtti said:
Phernost said:
If the rubber grips fall off like they do on the Elite, I'll pass.
Kanchanaburi said:
yeah, my right one fell off my Luna white controller and don't seem to fit back on...
+1
angry
This x10000. The elite controller was such a piece of shit. Made for hard-core gamers my arse. Made in China more like! Feel so ripped of buying this controller. If you are considering getting one, don't! Avoid at all costs. angry
It's more than just a game, it's a passion.
CTDMUDRUNNER
CTDMUDRUNNER
Posted on 24 March 17 at 22:22
I love my GOW elite controller. But can always use a sweet spare.
Ereaser NL
Ereaser NL
Posted on 25 March 17 at 00:00
Ratpoizen said:
Lost Legends said:
I have a micro usb from my play and charge, I'd like a real wired controller. And a wireless headset , would that be asking too much

Edit- I'll look into that hori one , but MS has just dropped the ball on so many things that they perfectly fine previous gen
I'm with you, I'd like a real wired controller. I've had like 4 micro USB cables to
charge my wireless pad but the cable never lasts long. Also I always get messages like "reconnect your controller to xbox one" etc even though it trying to charge. It's really annoying.
Yep! In the same boat here. I just order a bunch of USB cables from China now over here they ask way too much for it and in China I get 5 cables for less than €10 which last just as long as the more expensive cables.

Using a controller with a cable in it definitely puts a lot more strain on the cable compared to charging your phone!
BionicTriforce
Posted on 25 March 17 at 02:54, Edited on 25 March 17 at 03:06 by BionicTriforce
All these people talking about wanting real wired controllers and here I am pissed off that the Titanfall 2 controller I finally splurged on ONLY works if it's plugged in. Turns out there's two... a white one that's wireless and a green one that needs to be plugged in.
ScoobyDoobyD0nt
Posted on 25 March 17 at 03:57
Ereaser NL said:
Ratpoizen said:
Lost Legends said:

Yep! In the same boat here. I just order a bunch of USB cables from China now over here they ask way too much for it and in China I get 5 cables for less than €10 which last just as long as the more expensive cables.

Using a controller with a cable in it definitely puts a lot more strain on the cable compared to charging your phone!
i have one of those wired remotes with the usb cable. it doesnt work without it so its really a wired controller. the problem with them is that the wire eventually comes out. or you have a dick friend over that pulls the wire out constantly when youre winning at a game. honestly, its annoying as sin. the cable head gets bent super easily due to strain from the remote (like placing the remote in weird angles as you play or a set up thats pretty far from the tv- i need to sit on the floor to use the thing!) i also have replaced the wire 4 times, and im generally very careful with my gear. the only way to make it work properly is to put a piece of thin cardboard behind the cable to support it up, else it'll bend down and ruin the cable head. i hate those cables in all honesty. i would really think that it'd be worth their while to make a proper wired remote that doesn't have a removable cable.
Sanada
Sanada
Posted on 25 March 17 at 04:56
Lord Midas said:
Had my Elite for over a year and it's still perfect. IF shit is breaking on the Elite then get it replaced.

Anyway, we've got controllers coming out of our ears. How about they make a little wireless headset, like they had for the 360.
I mean, they go to all the trouble of state of the art wireless controllers, but you still need to wire your headset into it. pfft
Wouldn't that be nice? It's been a few years now and they still don't have a wireless headset out. Boggles my mind as to how that's even possible yet here we are laugh .
LifeExpectancy
LifeExpectancy
Posted on 25 March 17 at 11:52, Edited on 25 March 17 at 12:00 by LifeExpectancy
Phernost said:
What the heck do people DO with their controllers??? I bought my elite controller DAY ONE and have zero issues. No grip detachment, no broken buttons, nothing.

The elite controller is by far the best controller I have ever owned, and I can never go back to standard ones. I pray MS holds on their promise of forward compatibility with future systems from now on, because I will buy another elite if this one ever wears out.

Yall with grips coming off gotta be death clench vice gripping and twisting them when things get hectic in shooters or something.

It's not lack of hours either. I play usually 25-30 hours a week on my elite controller. I don't feel like I am particularly gentle on it either. It has been dropped several times even. I just cant wrap my head around how people are destroying these things with NORMAL use.
Red Dead Angel
Posted on 25 March 17 at 12:48
Just give me a better D-pad and I'll be very interested in buying one for 70$. Until that happens I'll pass.
Michael Smith
HmBh
HmBh
Posted on 25 March 17 at 15:38
Lost Legends said:
How about a damn wired controller. Come on MS 3 1/2 years and still no wired controllers .
I hope you're joking. Just get a USB cable.... And hell, if you want it to be both wireless and wired, get a play and charge kit so the USB cable it comes with charges the batteries. Either way, you trollin?
Proud Dad MCAL
Posted on 25 March 17 at 17:00
I would just recommend an elite controller over this. THe paddles in the back of it offer such a new and better ability to play games.
(From racing to shooters). I have two elite controllers myself and I'm never going back. I know they're exspesive but they do go on sale from time to time on Amazon. My wife got me my first one on Amazon for $120
Proud Dad MCAL
Posted on 25 March 17 at 17:02
HmBh said:
Lost Legends said:
How about a damn wired controller. Come on MS 3 1/2 years and still no wired controllers .
I hope you're joking. Just get a USB cable.... And hell, if you want it to be both wireless and wired, get a play and charge kit so the USB cable it comes with charges the batteries. Either way, you trollin?
I totally understand where you're coming from with a wired controller, the USB cables screw up constantly and pop out all the time. Just a straight wired controller, I believe, would be a good move.
Shabobble
Shabobble
Posted on 25 March 17 at 19:03
Legohead 1977 said:
There are so many to choose from now, just bought the little man a custom controller, as orange is not offered by xbox. As for me, I just can't decide...
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-one-specia...
MagicRobotNinja
Posted on 25 March 17 at 19:58
Elyoh said:
What's the difference between a wired controller, and a wired wireless controller?
Yup, and to really make it official all you have to do is take the battery pack (or AA's) out. Bam, just like back in the day. Newfangled wireless tech crossing streams no more! rock

Annnd just in case some didn't know: you can update the controllers firmware. Been around for a while, actually. It just never told you or prompted you. Hope that helps... it significantly optimized connectivity between console and controllers when it first came around (before controllers had the 3.5 head phone jack built in.)
Doom over the world! www.doomcharts.com
xGRBx BANN3D
144,390 144,390 GamerScore
xGRBx BANN3D
Posted on 25 March 17 at 20:40
Redders 420 said:
Healtti said:
Phernost said:
Kanchanaburi said:
yeah, my right one fell off my Luna white controller and don't seem to fit back on...
+1
angry
This x10000. The elite controller was such a piece of shit. Made for hard-core gamers my arse. Made in China more like! Feel so ripped of buying this controller. If you are considering getting one, don't! Avoid at all costs. angry
+1 angry
sanityends
sanityends
Posted on 26 March 17 at 00:25
Elyoh said:
What's the difference between a wired controller, and a wired wireless controller?
Input Lag
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.