Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

April's Games With Gold Announced

AuthorMessage
Clever Jake
Clever Jake
Posted on 24 March 17 at 11:29
Great GwG month for most, just terrible for me as I already own all 4!
Sphinxy 69
Sphinxy 69
Posted on 24 March 17 at 12:11
Well i've completed 3 out of 4 of them. So that just leaves me to get Ryse and do that one when i get time. roll
SithLordSphinxy
I TRU RELIG1ON
Posted on 24 March 17 at 12:19
Great now i can finally play RISE and Walking Dead Season 2, and darksiders solid month for gwg
Black ops 1 and 2 zombies and Ghosts extinction partners needed
Gerbasgamer
Gerbasgamer
Posted on 24 March 17 at 13:30
BudgetBallin360 said:
Call me an ungrateful hater if you want, but this month sucks too! At this rate, the only way that GwG will benefit me is if I just stop buying games. Every month, for the most part, it's either a game that the majority of the gaming population already has or it's a 3-5 year old game or some indie game that I don't care about. I might as well stop buying TWD games because season 1 was a previous GwG & now season 2 will be next month's GwG. Ryse is a good game, but I already have it and it should've been a GwG freebie a long time ago. Maybe it's just me, but getting a free game via GwG that I can find for $10 or under at a bargain bin of some sort or from someone's clearance section isn't enough to get me excited. It's almost as if GwG primarily benefits people that just got an Xbox a year or so ago and, as a result of that, don't have a lot of games played. A lot of people may say that this is a great month for GwG, but just like the previous "great" months for GwG, I'd already have 3 of the 4 if not all 4 of the games offered. I don't know. Maybe it's just me and my ole opinion. Though, it'll be said that I should be happy and that I'm being ridiculous for complaining about free games. For any incoming backlash, I say, "Whatever!" Fire away! laugh
I own much more X1 games and there are still plenty non-indie games that I don't own. Looking at the past 12 months:

Ryse, Evolve, Murdered: Soul Suspect, The Crew, WWE2k16, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

vs. games I already owned:

Project CARS, Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

Including indies, out of the past 24 X1 games (12 months) there were only 4 I already owned. Maybe you're just buying the wrong games. For example as you mentioned, games by Telltale have a high probability of becoming GwG titles. Still bought TWD Michonne when it was on sale and yes TWD Season 3 WILL be GwG in about 2 years or so.

The month IS objectively great, no matter how many games you already own from those 4.

How much is a game supposed to be worth to be included in the service? You're complaining about one game that is still $10 at retail. You're paying $5 a month, if you're smart it's closer to $3. How's that not worth it, especially when there's not one but four games. Even if there's only one you're interested in, it's already worth it.
Spybreaker
Spybreaker
Posted on 24 March 17 at 14:44
I have all of them, just glad others can enjoy them because they are all pretty good.
Now you're dead.
Grimace221
Grimace221
Posted on 24 March 17 at 15:29
Solid month for GWG. I own all four lol, but they are great games. Maybe I can make a few bucks on Ebay or something selling my physical copies lol.
Sambaweb
Sambaweb
Posted on 24 March 17 at 18:19
love to see rise
(Where am i)000ooo...
Vita Vitus
Vita Vitus
Posted on 24 March 17 at 18:25, Edited on 24 March 17 at 18:26 by Vita Vitus
Got all four for PC... however, I really want to see Quake II for X360 on BC mainly due to achievements which PC version does not have to this date. Quake II was sold with original 360 release of Quake 4 on a bonus disc.
MoneyLaunderer
Posted on 24 March 17 at 18:42
Assassin's Creed III, Ubisoft. C'mon.
joemoke
joemoke
Posted on 24 March 17 at 19:53
Looking forward to Ryse. Always wanted to play it but just haven't gotten around to it.
Rich swv1
Rich swv1
Posted on 24 March 17 at 20:03
Got 2 of them but at least there might be some people on the Ryse multiplayer now.
Instapissed KC
Posted on 24 March 17 at 20:08
Nice! I can finish the Ryse DLC now and I am super stoked for twd S2, as I really enjoyed the first season. Great month for GWG.
Philip Andrews
Posted on 24 March 17 at 20:34
Well should have seen the Darksiders and AC Revelations coming since I got a mail yesterday saying they were now backwards compatible :D
madmaxey
madmaxey
Posted on 24 March 17 at 23:38
TWD Season 2, thats awesome!! Ryse: Son of Rome looks good but i dont like multiplayer achievements. It is free though..
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 24 March 17 at 23:47
madmaxey said:
TWD Season 2, thats awesome!! Ryse: Son of Rome looks good but i dont like multiplayer achievements. It is free though..
Multiplayer is PvE, I really enjoyed it.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
ui
ui
Posted on 25 March 17 at 00:34
Great set of games for those who have never played them!
O V LORD ALDUIN
Posted on 25 March 17 at 01:15
Awsome lineup of games here...keep up the good work
OV
madmaxey
madmaxey
Posted on 25 March 17 at 05:54
Elyoh said:
madmaxey said:
Multiplayer is PvE, I really enjoyed it.
You convinced me, i'll download it ha.
Bobabacca
Bobabacca
Posted on 25 March 17 at 09:21
Had Ryse since day one on Xbox be good to have the online servers populated again
LifeExpectancy
LifeExpectancy
Posted on 25 March 17 at 12:06
Meh...... might do Ryse someday IF it includes the dlc. If not, it's a pass. The rest are a hard pass since I already did TWD.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.