Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Next Star Wars Battlefront and Need for Speed to Be Shown at June's EA Play

• zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl249,880
    Posted on 24 March 17 at 17:30
    SlipKnoT 008 said:
    What drew me away from Battlefront was the price of the season pass. Here in Canada I spent $79.99 for the game and then they wanted an additional $69.99 for the pass. I did enjoy playing it but ultimately traded it in because I knew I would not be getting the other maps.

As for NFS, I would like to see an updated version of Underground, not a remaster, a new game that plays and has the feel of Underground. The last game I couldn't enjoy for a couple reasons, the god awful cutscenes and the constant online connectivity issues.
    I waited for the season pass to go on sale. It didn't happen until nearly a year after release, but these days it's on sale every other week or so.
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483373,732
    Posted on 25 March 17 at 14:27
    ^ yep, I refuse to buy any season pass that's pretty much the same price as the base game. It's a rip off, you're not getting the equivalent amount of content. It's sheer cheek that game studios think it's acceptable.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl249,880
    Posted on 25 March 17 at 19:12
    Stevo6483 said:
    ^ yep, I refuse to buy any season pass that's pretty much the same price as the base game. It's a rip off, you're not getting the equivalent amount of content. It's sheer cheek that game studios think it's acceptable.
    I think what it really is is an attempt to effectively raise the price of a game. Games have been $60 since the 360 came out, and I think people would flip out if there was an attempt to raise that base price. Season passes allow a price bump while still leaving the $60 price tag intact.
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483373,732
    Posted on 27 March 17 at 11:56
    zeldafanjtl said:
    Stevo6483 said:
    I think what it really is is an attempt to effectively raise the price of a game. Games have been $60 since the 360 came out, and I think people would flip out if there was an attempt to raise that base price. Season passes allow a price bump while still leaving the $60 price tag intact.
    I'd probably be more willing to accept an additional £5 to £10 on the price tag of the base game and put it down to inflation (as you're right, the prices have barely changed in years), and then have season passes going for less than 50% or 40% of the base game cost. But then there'll be people who aren't bothered about playing DLC so they might not like that.

At the moment the current pricing models of a lot of games and their season passes don't look good, because you know you won't be getting another "full" game's worth of content from the DLC, but you end up paying the price of 2 games if you buy the base game and season pass new.

I can't remember exactly, but for argument sake let's say SWB was £45, the Season Pass was £40, so £85 total. If they changed to something like what I mentioned above you could have £50 for the base game, £25 for Season Pass, totalling £75. Obviously this is just a hypothetical example, and devs might not think these prices are favourable, but I'd be more happy to pay something like that when buying a game and it's season pass brand new.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • matdanmatdan862,275
    Posted on 12 April 17 at 12:38
    Leaked trailer shows a lot of promise for the April 15th reveal, especially with every major era being included (Minus KOTOR).
  • AlahertAlahert2,892,777
    Posted on 12 April 17 at 17:12, Edited on 12 April 17 at 17:17 by Alahert
    matdan said:
    Leaked trailer shows a lot of promise for the April 15th reveal, especially with every major era being included (Minus KOTOR).
    I just want a good single player campaign and a worthy successor of the original Battlefront saga!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads