Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

ARK: Survival Evolved Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 26 March 17 at 11:09
Please use this thread to discuss the ARK: Survival Evolved walkthrough
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 26 March 17 at 21:33
Walkthrough is finished Waiting for publication.
Information Posted on 01 April 17 at 19:05
The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: ARK: Survival Evolved Walkthrough
Chris1984uk
Chris1984uk
Posted on 28 April 17 at 15:21
So... will there be a legit walkthrough
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 29 April 17 at 03:12, Edited on 29 April 17 at 03:13 by Sashamorning
If you don't like the one that's posted, feel free to write one yourself.

...once you've played it.
Chris1984uk
Chris1984uk
Posted on 29 April 17 at 08:55
Why do I need to write a walkthrough for a game I'm interested in playing?

That is such a week argument. It doesn't detract from the fact this walkthrough is absolutely useless to anyone wanting to actually play the game properly.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 30 April 17 at 15:39
Chris1984uk said:

That is such a week argument. It doesn't detract from the fact this walkthrough is absolutely useless to anyone wanting to actually play the game properly.
Then dont use it...guides on this site, is for getting achievements in the fastest way. And 98% of the people looking it up on this site, dont want to play it "legit"

Look at gamepressure or ign if you want a full gameguide for anything.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 30 April 17 at 16:59
You say that but apparently the WT managers have changed their mind and want actual story walkthroughs, forget if its fast or gets all the achievements perfectly, without a story walkthrough its not up to scratch for TA anymore.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
Chris1984uk
Chris1984uk
Posted on 30 April 17 at 17:05
TheMaize said:
Chris1984uk said:

That is such a weak argument. It doesn't detract from the fact this walkthrough is absolutely useless to anyone wanting to actually play the game properly.
Then dont use it...guides on this site, is for getting achievements in the fastest way. And 98% of the people looking it up on this site, dont want to play it "legit"

And there we have it.. the other weak as shit argument.

"Waah if you don't like it go elsewhere"

I'm sure Rich would love his users having to go elsewhere for content on the site that is his livelihood.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 30 April 17 at 17:30
We already have to go to beam...
Chris1984uk
Chris1984uk
Posted on 30 April 17 at 17:52
Spilner said:
We already have to go to beam...
TA is partnered with Beam, there's a difference.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 30 April 17 at 18:06
Chris1984uk said:
TheMaize said:
Chris1984uk said:

That is such a weak argument. It doesn't detract from the fact this walkthrough is absolutely useless to anyone wanting to actually play the game properly.

And there we have it.. the other weak as shit argument.

"Waah if you don't like it go elsewhere"

I'm sure Rich would love his users having to go elsewhere for content on the site that is his livelihood.
It wasnt an argument.

I was just stating that if you dont want an achievementguide but a gameguide, then dont look for it on an achievementsite.
I even recommended you the sites i use when i want a more detailed guide.

I was trying to be helpful, i answered your questions, and gave a polite reply.

If how you reply to people here, is how you generally reply and behave. Then i am sure noone would mind you going elsewhere.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 30 April 17 at 18:29
Spilner said:
You say that but apparently the WT managers have changed their mind and want actual story walkthroughs, forget if its fast or gets all the achievements perfectly, without a story walkthrough its not up to scratch for TA anymore.
I might have misunderstood...but my understanding from those threads is not what you say...my understanding is that they want the guides to be more detailed. F.ex by explaining in details how to finish a halo or a lego level, instead of only mentioning where a skull or a minikit is.
Narcissist Code
Narcissist Code
Posted on 30 April 17 at 19:08
TheMaize said:
Spilner said:
I might have misunderstood...but my understanding from those threads is not what you say...my understanding is that they want the guides to be more detailed. F.ex by explaining in details how to finish a halo or a lego level, instead of only mentioning where a skull or a minikit is.
This guy gets it.
The people's champion! Well done for an amazing run, and for croaking with dignity. #TeamSporl4lyf - MalibuStacey85
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 30 April 17 at 20:22
Thats nice
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 01 May 17 at 00:42
Youtube is great for the story walkthroughs. I'll use this to delete the pos off my hard drive. Hopefully the real version will eventually come out with new achievements since it wasn't cheap...
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 01 May 17 at 03:17
Spilner said:
Thats nice
That you approve is always the most important thing. smile
II Loadsman
II Loadsman
Posted on 04 July 17 at 04:48
Part of the guide needs to be updated. As of the most recent update, the admin command bar does not immediately appear - now you must press LB + RB + X + Y to make it appear, after which it works as before.

Additionally, there are more dinosaur dossiers in the game that are not listed in the walkthrough which must also be obtained before Veteran Paleontologist unlocks. These are the dinosaurs listed in the v755 patch notes. (Also, there are more survivor notes that are not listed which exist in the game, however, the achievement unlocked for me after getting the full set of dino dossiers + the survivor notes listed in the walkthrough, so these may not be necessary.)

Patch notes: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/166427-xbo...
Dossier + Note Coordinates: http://www.feariun.com/the-island.html
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 04 July 17 at 15:27
facepalm

The game that keeps on giving. Let me see what I can do.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 06 July 17 at 08:03
Okay, I'm updating it now. The question is whether those new dossiers are necessary...and I hate to say it but I just don't have the time to retype 200 codes every time they do a patch.

Just for future reference: Anyone who's trying this after now, let me know if you've put the codes in and whether it worked. That way I can make sure it's correct.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.