Game Discussion: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Insanity run question.

• Posted on 26 March 17 at 15:43
    So, I'm almost done my first playthrough and was wondering if insanity scales enemies to your level like the previous games do. There's a lot of skills I'd like to unlock before starting insanity, but not if if the scaling is going to make it impossible.

So, is there enemy scaling in this game on insanity?
  • Posted on 30 March 17 at 09:25
    yes. enemies scale. insanity isnt too bad on this though. its very similar to me3 as its easier on ng+ with better gear
    Xbox Ambassodor
  • Posted on 30 March 17 at 13:33
    Oooh damn... I'm level 50 now. I just finished my second run on casual, I'll just finish up getting the last skill points needed to max out Cora and Grunt/Wrex or whatever his name is.

I'm yet to try insanity on 2 and 3 yet. I finished the campaigns, but that's it.

Guess I'll also make sure to upgrade all my weapons and armour.
  • Posted on 31 March 17 at 09:51
    Im not really sure where to rank insanity for this game compared to the other games in the series. I kinda wanna say its harder than me3, not as hard as me2. Its harder in earlier stages, and only after that when fighting an occasional anointed or observer that lays the fire/lasers on you. I did a blind sight read on insanity and it turned out fine. All i can say is if youre wanting a slight boost, any armour with +shields, +hp, +dmg resistance, +any regen helps. As mods or base stats. (Both are better obv).

As a personal tip, if you use tech powers, i have a skillset that almost feels like cheating, but is totally legit (albeit a bit over used and will seem like an exploit)

Pick both perks in team support and barrier (i think its barrier) that give higher hp regen caps. Lets you heal up to 50% max hp. Now, i believe its under team support for tech, the lv 6 perk can heal you for 3 sec after using a tech move. Any tech move works (i was a tried and true infiltrator all game and it works even on cloak w/o the heal perk at lv 6). Anyways, after using a tech skill with this skillset, you bypass regen cap and get hp back for ~3 sec. If you wanna be real greasy about it, use a turret and assign it to "attack". That counts as a tech move; even on a wall or something. Its good for in between fights, but lets you stay in action longer aswell. Energy drain is really useful too.

Tl;dr
    Pick both max regen caps in barrier and tech team support
    Pick tech team support perk to heal on usage of tech power
    Spam tech powers in or out of combat to heal back to full hp
    Energy drain and barriers as any play style help greatly too
  • Krazy AmigoKrazy Amigo280,610
    Posted on 03 April 17 at 19:16
    For me, the game drastically changes when you get better weapons. I noticed that i was killing enemies faster with these weapons, but they also start hitting a lot harder when I do.
  • Posted on 04 April 17 at 17:41
    I can tell you that doing insanity for my first run was not smart. I forgot about new game +. Definitely save this difficulty for your second playthrough. I'm restarting.
  • ROOSTERxBS7ROOSTERxBS7485,556
    Posted on 11 April 17 at 06:45
    To start a NG+ do you have to load an existing save? When I go to start one, it takes me to the load save menu/list of saves.
    www.xbox360achievements.com
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483378,222
    Posted on 11 April 17 at 10:54
    Longshot187x said:
    To start a NG+ do you have to load an existing save? When I go to start one, it takes me to the load save menu/list of saves.
    Well yes. You're importing data from a previous playthrough.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • Lots a LOUDLots a LOUD431,795
    Posted on 11 April 17 at 19:05
    I completed insanity on NG+ with vanguard profile. Was level 60 at completion
  • ArcheimArcheim440,468
    Posted on 13 April 17 at 16:39
    I'm pretty close to endgame on my first playthrough (insanity), and it's not terrible. Playing mostly a biotic character (singularity and pull) and
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

Weapons i'm using black widow sniper rifle and an inferno sniper rifle, normally running with Drack and Jaal.
  • Posted on 14 April 17 at 08:23
    There's a fusion mod on Havarl, which only becomes available after restarting the Vault, that decreases you're power cooldown by 50%, but if you get a kill your powers instantly cooldown. I'm on my 1st playthrough, on Insanity (of course) running as a Sentinel with Overload on my left-hand, charge in the center and flamethrower on my right hand.

To quote Dr. Oppenheimer: "Now, I am become death."
    Here's my chance to show my creativity.... nope, got nothing.
  • Posted on 14 April 17 at 17:00
    Honestly, running as infiltrator with Charge (shield restoration), Cloak (allow reheal), and concussion allows you to completely open up battle environments, flank enemies and set up ambushes, really fun stuff!
  • PuckJunkiePuckJunkie875,889
    Posted on 18 April 17 at 23:43, Edited on 18 April 17 at 23:45 by PuckJunkie
    Current Future said:
    There's a fusion mod on Havarl, which only becomes available after restarting the Vault, that decreases you're power cooldown by 50%, but if you get a kill your powers instantly cooldown. I'm on my 1st playthrough, on Insanity (of course) running as a Sentinel with Overload on my left-hand, charge in the center and flamethrower on my right hand.

To quote Dr. Oppenheimer: "Now, I am become death."
    That mod is great. I used it exclusively once I had it. Played as a soldier the whole way, the biggest issue was ammo problems until I could really do damage with both a sniper and AR.

BTW, first-run insanity is the only way to play this game. Super fun, just enough challenge.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads