Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

WWE 2K17 Xbox Live Gold Free Play Days Event

• KBop a dooKBop a doo323,453
  • Tendoman77Tendoman771,996,833
    Posted on 30 March 17 at 03:06Permalink
    Ahh very tempted, but I finally just 1k'ed 2K16 a few days ago and I heard 2K17 is much worse with the grinding especially online, even if this game becomes GwG in a few months I don't know if I want to do it this time.

Any opinions?
  • Don SantinoDon Santino176,348
    Posted on 30 March 17 at 03:18Permalink
    I'm with you. I still have 174 career matches to grind and just don't want to bother. Until they make these games better, I'm no longer buying them. If anything just get the 360 version for the easy 1k
  • DutRankDutRank152,625
    Posted on 30 March 17 at 03:34Permalink
    Was wondering why it said I owned the game. Still not worth grinding through the shitty online.
  • Posted on 30 March 17 at 06:59Permalink
    As much as I love watching wrestling I don't know if I want to commit to that grind. Although some of the high ratio achievements look quite straightforward?
  • Posted on 30 March 17 at 07:08Permalink
    I had this & traded it as I got most of the Achievements out of it.

I downloaded it last night as it'll be fun to play again in between other games.

If you haven't played it yet, then it's not a massive step up from 2K16, but there are some differences & it's enjoyable. The new Ladder Matches are fun & you actually have to unclip the Belt, plus the Ladder Finisher on one outside the ring is good. There's an Achievement too for it, so pick Kevin Owens as your Character to get it.

Career Mode is a slog again, and having no Showcase set 2K17 back a little bit, as does the Online again, but it's Free, and there's quite a few easy Achievements to get before Monday.
    Posted on 30 March 17 at 10:37Permalink
    There are guys like me who are completionists though who just don't want to leave a game hanging for too long.

Guess I may pick this up if it becomes GwG later this year, even that discounted Kickstarter right now looks tempting too.
  • TheIrishBeastTheIrishBeast1,096,006
    Posted on 30 March 17 at 11:38Permalink
    Tendoman77 said:
    There are guys like me who are completionists though who just don't want to leave a game hanging for too long.

Guess I may pick this up if it becomes GwG later this year, even that discounted Kickstarter right now looks tempting too.
    I advise you do not start it as a completionist. You just did 2k16, which is a mental challenge, this is the same but with a larger online grind as well as the mycareer again!

Mycareer is more straightforward, just make sure you do not pick a cruiserweight as you are locked out of one of the high ratio achievements! I used a downloaded CM Punk thinking he was heavyweight, and someone made him and uploaded him as a cruiserweight!!
    Posted on 30 March 17 at 12:22Permalink
    Yeah took me like 200-300 matches with a partner to finish the online in 2K16, heard it may take up to 800(!!!) in 2K17, hope its not true otherwise I will be skipping this one entirely.
  • Don SantinoDon Santino176,348
    Posted on 30 March 17 at 12:49Permalink
    I grinded that 2k main event. As long as I hit a finisher, got hit by a finisher and kicked out I got nearly 1k xp every match. Horrible online experience. Just horrible. Never want to go through a grind like that again. And this game is made for kids? Lol i didn't have that attention span when I was a kid.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 March 17 at 13:57Permalink
    SonOfStayPuft82 said:
    If you haven't played it yet, then it's not a massive step up from 2K16, but there are some differences & it's enjoyable.
    For it to be even the remotest bit enjoyable it needs to be a massive step up from 2K16.

you actually have to unclip the Belt, plus the Ladder Finisher on one outside the ring is good. There's an Achievement too for it, so pick Kevin Owens as your Character to get it.
    None of that makes the game any good

and having no Showcase set 2K17 back a little bit
    A lot, as it's the only good mode in the current gen games.

This game, like it's current gen predecessors, is embarrassingly bad(don't be fooled by it not being on this account), especially when the previous gen versions of the games are much, much better than this slow boring crap.

It's a rip-off even though it's free.
  • Marcus BWFCMarcus BWFC125,399
    Posted on 30 March 17 at 15:45Permalink
    You're like three days late TA lol, it first appeared free on Tuesday
  • KBop a dooKBop a doo323,453
    Posted on 30 March 17 at 16:07Permalink
    Marcus BWFC said:
    You're also a day late to our article smile

The event started on Wednesday with the title being available to pre-download slightly before.

According to MS, the event went live: "Beginning 9:00 AM PST Wednesday, March 29 and running to 11:59 PM PST Monday, April 3..."

http://news.xbox.com/2017/03/29/wwe-2k17-free-play-days/
  • Marcus BWFCMarcus BWFC125,399
    Posted on 30 March 17 at 16:26Permalink
    KBop a doo said:
    Marcus BWFC said:
    You're also a day late to our article smile

The event started on Wednesday with the title being available to pre-download slightly before.

According to MS, the event went live: "Beginning 9:00 AM PST Wednesday, March 29 and running to 11:59 PM PST Monday, April 3..."

http://news.xbox.com/2017/03/29/wwe-2k17-free-play-days/
    I suppose it depends on time zones.
  • tsmpriustsmprius41,187
    Posted on 31 March 17 at 13:30Permalink
    Nice! I haven't gotten this game yet, but I did have WWE 2K16.

I really like the Free Play Weekend events. They really do help me decide whether or not I should buy a game.
  • Lobo SamhainLobo Samhain456,880
    Posted on 31 March 17 at 19:03, Edited on 31 March 17 at 19:03 by Lobo SamhainPermalink
    I used to 100% all the WWE games but after doing MP 2k15 and hearing what the grind for 2k16 was like I might just retire and not even look at 2k17
  • gothmogesgothmoges331,908
    Posted on 01 April 17 at 18:45, Edited on 01 April 17 at 20:01 by gothmogesPermalink
    Do all WWE games have such a shitty annoying control?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.