TA Playlist Forum

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

TA Playlist - Frequently Asked Questions

AuthorMessage
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 31 March 17 at 04:39, Edited on 08 August 17 at 13:52 by Eurydace
I know you've got questions so I'll try to answer them all here. If I miss any, feel free to ask below and I'll get them answered and added to the FAQs. If you want to know how something works, this is how you'll find out.

General Questions
When does the event start? When does it end?
The TA Playlist begins a new game on the first of every month as soon as the clock strikes midnight anywhere in the world. It ends once the month ends for everyone. You can see how much time is left on the countdown timer in the hub.

Do I need to register?
No. You need only participate to get tracked.

How do I participate?
You participate by playing the game, sharing your thoughts in the forums, and uploading game clips. We hope you'll do all of it -- even replay the game if it's not fresh on your mind -- but any way you choose to participate is encouraged.

What's the podcast?
The Playlist podcast features three new hosts and is entirely unrelated to the main TA Podcast. The main hosts will be Mark, Will and Kevin. We may of course have guest hosts in the future. We'll talk about the game, the achievements, and share the most insightful, interesting, or often humorous feedback from the community. We'll also release the same podcast as background to a YouTube video featuring our favorite clips from those submitted during the month.

How are games chosen?
The podcast hosts will curate a list of four games each month on which the community as a whole can vote. These games can be themed (such as all indie games or sequels) or they may simply be a list of games we think you'd all like to play. The only hard rule is that the game must be playable on Xbox One, which means if a 360 game is not backwards compatible it won't be chosen.

Can new releases be chosen?
New releases are not completely off the table. For instance, we might have a poll featuring the biggest titles from the holiday season in December. But generally, we want to make sure we select games everyone has had a chance to purchase and that are affordable just in case you haven't quite yet. New releases will be very rare.

Will you pick games with multiplayer?
Yes. However, any game we pick will almost always have a strong single-player component. Never say never, but we do not currently have any plans to select a multiplayer-centric game such as Overwatch.

If a game loses a vote, will it come back next month?
It may or may not be the following month, but popular games that didn't quite make the cut are definitely eligible to come back if we think it's appropriate for an upcoming vote. Hope is not lost!

When does voting begin and end? How do I vote?
The vote will go live on the 15th of every month and will last for one week. Each poll will have a news article and will be visible in the forums.

When do the podcast and video come out?
We plan to record as close to the end of every month that we can, with the show going up very soon thereafter. Expect it right before the calendar turns to the new month with the next Playlist game.

Can I still participate after the podcast comes out in a month?
Of course! The forums will always be there, and like the rest of TA, we expect they'll be quite active.

Can I get notifications for news items related to the Playlist?
Yes. You can do so by viewing articles with the TA Playlist news tag and clicking the subscribe button on the right side.

https://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/063254.jpg

Technical Questions
When will the hub be fully updated?
It's being worked on all the time and we'll update it as we go with fresh ideas, valuable feedback from the community, and new features when applicable.

What if I've already played this month's game?
You can still participate by discussing in the forums or submitting game clips. Leaderboards for TA score and the like will automatically track your previous progress.

Can I play games from previous Playlist months and get credit on the leaderboards?
Only the Playlist participation leaderboard is locked in each month. For any other leaderboard, you can play at a later point and still catch up on the leaderboards. So if you don't quite have enough time to get a game completed or plan to buy the DLC later, you'll be able to get credit for that.

Is DLC included?
That depends on your site settings. For discussion's sake, we will usually leave it up to the participating community as a whole to include DLC or not. For example, Alan Wake's two DLC episodes are now free and closely linked to the main story, so it's a good discussion to have.

What version of a game is tracked?
This is done on an individual basis. For games with multiple versions (be it region, platform, remaster/definitive edition, or anything else), the version of the game tracked will be the one for which you have the highest TA score.

If I play both versions will the TA score count twice?
Not at this time. Sorry!

How do I submit a game clip?
Go to your Game Clips and select one. If it's for this month's game, you'll have an option to submit it to the TA Playlist hub.

Does a game clip need to be recorded during the month to be submitted?
Nope, if you have an older clip you think is worth sharing, send it to the hub!

If you have any more questions, post them below and we'll do our best to get them answered.
Our Afflictions
Posted on 31 March 17 at 07:18, Edited on 31 March 17 at 07:20 by Our Afflictions
When does this start?

When does the event start? When does it end?
The TA Playlist begins a new game on the first of every month as soon as the clock strikes midnight anywhere in the world. It ends once the month ends for everyone. You can see how much time is left on the countdown timer in the hub.
Oops, completely overlooked it.
ClownTastic
ClownTastic
Posted on 31 March 17 at 07:19
1st of April I think.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 31 March 17 at 08:38
Can I get notifications for news items related to the Playlist?
Yes. You can do so in site settings under ......
Does this just mean the setting hasn't been added yet? I looked but didn't see anything related
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 31 March 17 at 11:19
Yes it means the hub isn't actually live yet laugh

Also this is a placeholder. Probably shouldn't have posted it yet smile

I'll just make it go away for now.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 31 March 17 at 13:18
It's totally fine I just wanted to be sure I want missing anything. Sorry for making you kill it shock
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 31 March 17 at 15:23
No worries 😉
TVippy
TVippy
Posted on 01 April 17 at 13:31
Timer? What timer?

And what advantages does this hub gives users? They will be able to see what ach's they got for THE game specifically in THAT month on the hub page? Or not?
I don't play games very often. :( If you have a close GamerScore, add me! We'll compete. :)
TVippy
TVippy
Posted on 01 April 17 at 13:40
As of right now, the CLIPS section is only showing 3 clips total, all from March 2017. Wonder why.
I don't play games very often. :( If you have a close GamerScore, add me! We'll compete. :)
ColdEagle86
ColdEagle86
Posted on 01 April 17 at 14:03
The join the discussions tiles don't work very well on the dark theme, everything else looks ok though.
TVippy
TVippy
Posted on 01 April 17 at 14:33
Where're all these TA-Playlist leaderboards that I can look at? (still new to the site)
TVippy
TVippy
Posted on 01 April 17 at 19:23, Edited on 01 April 17 at 23:26 by TVippy
I have a functionality ask/request. I realize this is not possible without some rebuilding of the current forums system, so this won't be done in the foreseeable future, but if you like the idea, maybe you'll implement it some day.

I'd like for users on TA-Playlist subforum (and on it only) to have some kind of tags, visible in each of their post (on their profile, essentially), which would state:

-If they beat the current game or not
-How many achievements they got currently in this game
-How many hours they got on the game (for Xbox One only)
-Their current general one-word assessmement of the game: horrible-bad-mediocre-good-great

Maybe in the form of (additional) badges, BUT it's important that they're (badges) visible for each user without the need to go into their profile.

This way the discussions about the game in question will be far more productive, as you will be able to immediately see 'who' you're speaking with (a novice or a veteran, whether he likes the game or not and so on...).
TVippy
TVippy
Posted on 01 April 17 at 22:54
I guess, if this whole TA-Playlist thing takes off big time, then you could start thinking about implementing such advanced features.

I sure hope it does. I like the thought of TA's collective mind thinking about some one game for the whole month!
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 01 April 17 at 23:02
That is a cool idea. I'll bring it up but I suspect you're right, it's probably not possible without rebuilding the forum which won't happen.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 01 April 17 at 23:21
It's not unlike what we already have in the solutions forums.
TVippy
TVippy
Posted on 01 April 17 at 23:27
N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
It's not unlike what we already have in the solutions forums.
Oh yeah? I'm not familiar.
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 02 April 17 at 06:19
FAQ is properly added back in!
lightchipster
Posted on 02 April 17 at 12:45
How do we submit clips?
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 02 April 17 at 16:21
There's an FAQ for that. On mobile or I'd copy it smile
Epsilon Factor
Posted on 03 April 17 at 13:17
At first I was able to add Alan Wake clips to the TA Playlist hub. But my latest batch of Alan Wake clips do not give me the same green button to add to the hub. The only thing that changed was that I changed the default length of my clips from 30 seconds to 1 minute. Does that have something to do with it? Why am I not seeing the same green button on my clips page that allows me to add them to the TA Playlist hub?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.