TA Playlist Forum

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Alan Wake Discussion - Spoiler Free

AuthorMessage
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 31 March 17 at 16:29, Edited on 01 April 17 at 06:11 by N0T PENNYS B0AT
Use this thread to discuss Alan Wake free of spoilers. General questions and comments go here. Welcome to Bright Falls!
TVippy
TVippy
Posted on 01 April 17 at 13:28
I'm interested to know what percentage of active TA'ers never played this game. There was a time when it was touted as a must-play for any hardcore player.
I don't play games very often. :( If you have a close GamerScore, add me! We'll compete. :)
ParadoxReal8
ParadoxReal8
Posted on 01 April 17 at 14:47
I liked this game and completed it, of course. Maybe they'll had a "real" 2 someday
BruceWayne1008
Posted on 01 April 17 at 14:53
Never played Alan Wake. Skeptical but excited at the same time smile
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 01 April 17 at 15:52
BruceWayne1008 said:
Never played Alan Wake. Skeptical but excited at the same time smile
Me too!
WEBHEAD 7
WEBHEAD 7
Posted on 01 April 17 at 17:08
I suggested to someone in one of the earlier threads that they watch a blind Let's Play series of Alan Wake since they were unable to actually play the game themselves this month. If anyone else is interested in doing that, here's one I'd recommend:

Mr. Odd Plays Alan Wake: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj_Goi54wf0ed5y6N17M2D...

I don't know the guy personally but he gives good Let's Play laugh
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 01 April 17 at 17:20
I bought the game when it first came out, but only played a bit. It wasn't under I started completing games that I went back and got the 1000gs. It's a decent game, but nothing amazing. And the coffee cans were a terrible inclusion.
WEBHEAD 7
WEBHEAD 7
Posted on 01 April 17 at 17:25
I knows that tons of people hate collectibles just as general rule, but if the coffee thermoses serve any purpose in this game it's to draw you off the path and into the dark corners, and make you take extra time before moving on which causes more Taken to spawn. Looking at them that way, they make the experience better!
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 01 April 17 at 18:59
Got the game just for this playlist event, and bc this was on my games to play list years ago but never got around to it. So I just finished episode one and there are some things I really like. The manuscripts are awesome. I really like how they provide backstory and possibly foreshadow things to come. I don't mind collectibles but I enjoy them more when there is a reason you're getting them or at least make sense (maybe they will after I finish the game). I find myself collecting coffee thermos's and think why is he collecting these. There was a tv episode that was called quantum suicide and I sat there and watched the whole thing, loved it.

With all these twists from episode 1 I feel like this could be a tv show, kind of like LOST. There's a lot of mystery, new things pop up and you don't know what is real. Really enjoy the story, but I'm getting wrecked in the combat. Luckily it's not a big deal if you die. Hoping the rest is just as good.
WEBHEAD 7
WEBHEAD 7
Posted on 01 April 17 at 19:05, Edited on 01 April 17 at 19:11 by WEBHEAD 7
yeah, it auto-saves very frequently. so that's good

the tv shows, Night Springs, are great. very Twilight Zone, obviously.
ChasIII
ChasIII
Posted on 01 April 17 at 19:15
It's been about 6 years since I played this. Forgot how weird and crazy it gets.
TVippy
TVippy
Posted on 01 April 17 at 19:39
Everybody saw Alan Wake 2 yet?

cn_down cn_down cn_down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D6VrwSQzJA
I don't play games very often. :( If you have a close GamerScore, add me! We'll compete. :)
WEBHEAD 7
WEBHEAD 7
Posted on 01 April 17 at 19:43
TVippy said:
Everybody saw Alan Wake 2 yet?

cn_down cn_down cn_down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D6VrwSQzJA
whoa!! never saw that before. nice coat. badass
RicKuRuKuS
RicKuRuKuS
Posted on 01 April 17 at 19:54
Have never played or even seen footage of it, looking forward to trying it out
SherlockGecko
SherlockGecko
Posted on 01 April 17 at 20:21
Look forward to giving this game a try smile
ZiMba 4 LiFE II
Posted on 01 April 17 at 22:06
Hi for the guys that havent played the game yet i believe that now its the best time to do so since both DLCs are free :)
Ereaser NL
Ereaser NL
Posted on 01 April 17 at 22:51
ZiMba 4 LiFE II said:
Hi for the guys that havent played the game yet i believe that now its the best time to do so since both DLCs are free :)
Also it doesn't cost too much on cdkeys.com

I'm going to start playing this next Tuesday or Wednesday :)
TVippy
TVippy
Posted on 01 April 17 at 22:58
Can you start the DLC independantly of the main game's progress?
derektwopointoh
Posted on 01 April 17 at 23:46
I'm streaming this game on my Beam channel soon and will hopefully finish the entire game on the stream. Add me (derekpeake84) on Beam if you want to see me play it for the first time. I'll probably need some pointers!
matdan
matdan
Posted on 02 April 17 at 00:45
TVippy said:
Can you start the DLC independantly of the main game's progress?
Yes.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.