Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Ryse: Son of Rome and Darksiders Now Free With Games with Gold

AuthorMessage
Achilles8249
Achilles8249
Posted on 02 April 17 at 00:53
So 1/5 of the free games has dlc and your going to bitch? Fuck's sake.
IronFistofSnuff
Posted on 02 April 17 at 01:32
Not bad, I'll grab a digital copy of Ryse so I no longer need my disc. The only game I didn't own for this month is Darksiders, which seems pretty cool, and a somewhat easy completion. I'll give the game a shot later down the road.

I love Games with Gold, but damn I don't use it nearly enough. The last game I got from GWG that I actually played was in September, and that was Forza Horizon. I haven't started another GWG since. I should really give more of the games a chance.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 02 April 17 at 02:43
Increase dem ratios!
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
D3m0nF0rc3
D3m0nF0rc3
Posted on 02 April 17 at 03:00, Edited on 02 April 17 at 03:01 by D3m0nF0rc3
Knoell said:
D3m0nF0rc3 said:
Lavindathar said:
ParadoxReal8 said:
Watch out for Ryse! You will have to pay 20$ if you want to complete it so it doesn't seems free to me at all. You'll only save 10$ on the legendary edition... sad
No, you can complete the game for free.

If you want the DLC, then sure, buy it.
No such thing as free in this world, the word is all to often abused by businesses and the masses fall for it. Games with gold program is no different.
No different to you maybe, but I had gold for years before GWG and for the same price. The games are a bonus to me. Even if I have them already, it is nice to have a digital copy.

Its all about perception. If you sign up for Gold for the first time today, then sure, you might feel like its always been $60 for gold and GWG is a part of that.
Your right its all about perception but markets change and subscription based markets are reknowned for abusing the term 'Free'. Been a gold subscriber since near xbox 360 launch.

Take a look at the history of the mobile phone market, was a time a breeze block phone cost a grand plus and thats before any service subscription, then came more pocket sized ones and a little while later mobile phones were 'allegedley free' with a 12 month contract, but at the end of the day the market had changed and reality always was 'the cost of handsets built into the contract'. The games with gold program is no different, it has just evolved to include games within the price.
StephenGamesXB1
Posted on 02 April 17 at 03:41
While I've been fortunate enough to complete three of the four, this is a stellar offering especially for those new to the platform.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 02 April 17 at 16:05
Better than what Sony does...
Cellar Attic
Cellar Attic
Posted on 02 April 17 at 18:08
I'll probably pass on Ryse, though I am tempted. I'm really looking forward to Walking Dead though. They probably should have timed it to coincide with the season finale tonight, but so it goes.
BRAN IS HERE
BRAN IS HERE
Posted on 02 April 17 at 19:30
Why do people pass on games?
Might as wel have it just in case
D
Einhander
Einhander
Posted on 02 April 17 at 19:30
Sashamorning said:
Better than what Sony does...
toast
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 02 April 17 at 22:35
BRAN IS HERE said:
That's exactly what I think. Even if I own it on disc, I grab the license so I can play it without the disc. Right now, far away from my collection, that is helping me a LOT.
TheGreatKoala
TheGreatKoala
Posted on 03 April 17 at 10:58
BRAN IS HERE said:
Simple, the game may not interest the player even when free
I Nuka Cola
I Nuka Cola
Posted on 03 April 17 at 14:27
More free games, more trash not worth piddling on even if it were on fire. I havent downloaded a free game at all. Because their trash that never sold even on sale.

At least sony gets a few half decent games unlike the pixelated 5 year old kids games being handed out by stingysoft.
Stevo6483
Stevo6483
Posted on 03 April 17 at 15:13
I Nuka Cola said:
More free games, more trash not worth piddling on even if it were on fire. I havent downloaded a free game at all. Because their trash that never sold even on sale.
What an absolute load of rubbish. There have been plenty of good games (and that's not just a matter of opinion), and plenty that have sold well. Give your head a shake!
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 03 April 17 at 15:20, Edited on 03 April 17 at 15:22 by Sashamorning
I Nuka Cola said:

At least sony gets a few half decent games unlike the pixelated 5 year old kids games being handed out by stingysoft.
Again... even if it's crap or even if I own it, I download the license so I could play it later if I wanted to. You don't have to, but having the license means you can change your mind later.

And yes, there have been some excellent games released during GwG.

And, you're right. Halo 3, Gears of War, Reach, Bad Company: BC2, Witcher 2, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Just Cause 2, Metro (2033 and Last Light), Deus Ex, Dead Space... these are completely shit games that never sold well whatsoever.

The one down side that I'll grant... Japan seems to always get screwed on the One. Whenever a game won't go over there, they always get Max: Curse of the Brotherhood. *EIGHT* times so far, plus the original release.
Kjores
Kjores
Posted on 03 April 17 at 17:39
Nice selection this month,shame i've already got them all. At least it's better than the crap on playstation.
Predefiance
Predefiance
Posted on 03 April 17 at 23:14
Can't wait to DL Ryse and play it. One of the few games that's exclusive that expressed a bit of interest in.
Do you even know what an idiom is? Uh, It's a colloquial metaphor?
RAVENxSPEEDSTER
Posted on 04 April 17 at 04:21
I haven't the slightest idea if these games are even worth my time, I mean I like free games but is it worth it I dunno. Suggestions???
I PLAY TO HAVE FUN!!!! I do tend to play solo most of the time but always willing to play with others if they have time for that of course. TA ROCKS!!
Simm
Simm
Posted on 04 April 17 at 05:00
I Nuka Cola said:

You're obviously just trolling. Sony's offerings have been abysmal in comparison. They're literally giving away pixilated Indies. So yea.. you're wrong.
Assassin Corvo
Posted on 04 April 17 at 09:11
I Nuka Cola said:

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.So much so that I am undecided that after such a unashamedly dumb comment whether you are actually being serious.

For those who are interested I found Ryse really enjoyable,I'm not a huge hack,n,slash fan so wasn't sure if I would get on with it but it's actually a really good game,the combat is visceral to say the least & there are some huge epic moments in a truly great looking world.I can't recommend it enough especially for free!
Iceberg082006
Iceberg082006
Posted on 05 April 17 at 04:59
Anyone else having a problem getting darksiders? It says "Darksiders is currently not available"
Iceberg Right Ahead
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.