Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Steel Rewards Increased In For Honor, More Fixes Inbound

• gallzy111gallzy111254,039
    Posted on 02 April 17 at 09:18
    Even though I haven't played, ive heard about the 2 hrs a day for 2.5years to unlock everything. That's madness.
    I don't mind grinds or things that take a long time but that length of time is total bs. Glad theyve increased the steel for those that have the game.
    History is a story we tell each other over and over, until we forget that it's a lie.
  • AnxsighetyAnxsighety2,119,867
    Posted on 02 April 17 at 10:49
    This game is my ultimate problem with this industry. There are so many great things and ideas about it. It's genuinely fun.

But it is broken. And not just "sort of" broken. The matchmaking is some of the worst I've ever seen. Every couple games there is a hard crash, after waiting over a minute for the match to start.

The fact they've released multiple patches without fixing this issue is insanity. And now showcasing new content? Before the game even freaking works properly? Helllll no.

After completion I'll probably never play it again at this point.
  • LLboxedLLboxed306,915
    Posted on 02 April 17 at 12:14
    gallzy111 said:
    Even though I haven't played, ive heard about the 2 hrs a day for 2.5years to unlock everything. That's madness.
    I don't mind grinds or things that take a long time but that length of time is total bs. Glad theyve increased the steel for those that have the game.
    That's to get every armor and emote.

Achievement-wise it's one of the easiest Multiplayer titles ever imo.
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,971,778
    Posted on 02 April 17 at 13:40
    LLboxed said:
    gallzy111 said:

You think so? I've not started this yet. How long to finish it all off, with the exception of the season achievement?
  • gallzy111gallzy111254,039
    Posted on 02 April 17 at 13:58
    LLboxed said:
    gallzy111 said:

I know. That's what I meant by "unlock everything". Dont know what the list is like so ill have to tske your word for it.
    History is a story we tell each other over and over, until we forget that it's a lie.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 April 17 at 14:16
    Lavindathar said:
    LLboxed said:
    gallzy111 said:

You think so? I've not started this yet. How long to finish it all off, with the exception of the season achievement?
    For what it's worth, I've done everything except the season/round based achievements and have about 100 hours played time. I think you could complete it significantly faster than that, but it was having so much fun I didn't solely focus on achievements. You'll need to play at least 50 games of dominion and win 20 in each mode. That's a minimum of 110 games completed, but it will certainly take more than that. Connections issues weren't as bad for me as others, too. So that may be worth keeping in mind. I rarely experienced disconnects outside of initially finding a game.
  • Don SantinoDon Santino266,641
    Posted on 02 April 17 at 15:08
    This games beta was loads of fun. A great game to play with 3 other friends. Didn't get it because it was ubisoft. I knew something like this would happen down the line. Poor matchmaking and stupid grinding for everything just to keep you playing long enough to get fed up and succumb to microtransactions. It's becoming all too common in the industry now. Mobile gaming started it. It's made its way onto consoles. And it will continue because we have idiots who are willing to pay.

Companies will continue to release half finished games, fill them with microtransactions and then release patches over the life cycle. That's just how things will be now. We need to take a stand with our wallets and just stop. £90 for a top edition of a game is the new standard now with all the 4k stuff coming in. Ridiculous. Yet still we pre order. Will the games be worth that price? No chance. This needs to stop. We need to be smarter as consumers. Not just give into instant gratification. That's the only way they will get the message.
  • Nate1528Nate15284,493,539
    Posted on 02 April 17 at 19:59
    I think I'll finally start this when that patch comes around.
    nate 1528
  • LLboxedLLboxed306,915
    Posted on 03 April 17 at 11:54, Edited on 03 April 17 at 12:29 by LLboxed
    Lavindathar said:
    LLboxed said:
    gallzy111 said:

It still takes a while but it is doable. It's not like Overwatch for example where there's a ton of achievements that are purely based on luck. The cheevos in For Honor all will come over time while playing the game. I have sunk in about 80 hours and will probably clock about 100 before having them all but as I mentioned it will all pop during regular play.

I only boosted the 20 Duel wins as I didn't enjoy that game mode.

Be aware that the game has some issues: Matchmaking is so weird sometimes - some days it will keep rolling total newbs against rep 5 people, on other days it's perfectly balanced. The peer to peer system they have is a total fail as it can cause otherwise stable sessions to end early (with no score) if one or two people rage quit in the last minute. They're now looking into ways to make people stay (penalties for rage quitting) which may help with that.

Love how it plays and hope they will be doing more with it in the future. Would have loved a more fleshed out SP campaign... maybe next time.
  • NoHeroes94NoHeroes941,138,509
    Posted on 03 April 17 at 15:50
    xSRYANx said:
    This game is my ultimate problem with this industry. There are so many great things and ideas about it. It's genuinely fun.

But it is broken. And not just "sort of" broken. The matchmaking is some of the worst I've ever seen. Every couple games there is a hard crash, after waiting over a minute for the match to start.

The fact they've released multiple patches without fixing this issue is insanity. And now showcasing new content? Before the game even freaking works properly? Helllll no.

*ultimate problem with Ubisoft.

Nail on the head though. Every game in the last 12 months has been so 7.5-8/10, good not great and sort of safe with a plethora of glitches and issues. Watch_Dogs 2 was by far their best game of the last year or so in terms of technical proficiency and even then it had multiplayer issues. On top of all of that, they charge £30 per season pass with games still not working properly.

I'm not buying a Ubisoft game for a short while until they overhaul all of their problems (unless SP:TFBW drops). Getting fed up of it now. I always enjoy the experience but at a cost.
    Posted on 04 April 17 at 03:14
    NoHeroes94 said:
    xSRYANx said:

*ultimate problem with Ubisoft.

Nail on the head though. Every game in the last 12 months has been so 7.5-8/10, good not great and sort of safe with a plethora of glitches and issues. Watch_Dogs 2 was by far their best game of the last year or so in terms of technical proficiency and even then it had multiplayer issues. On top of all of that, they charge £30 per season pass with games still not working properly.

I'm not buying a Ubisoft game for a short while until they overhaul all of their problems (unless SP:TFBW drops). Getting fed up of it now. I always enjoy the experience but at a cost.
    I really don't think it's just a Ubisoft issue, but they are for sure one of the biggest culprits. Almost every major game overall the last year has some sort of glitches and it's getting old. It takes six months of patches for completed products now.
    Posted on 04 April 17 at 03:16
    LLboxed said:
    gallzy111 said:

That's hilarious. Easiest ever? When you HAVE to play over 100 matches? Even boosting renown 5 on a character would take 50+ hours. The achievements may be easy by description, but they are very time consuming.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads