Game Discussion: Mafia III Forum

Mafia 3 Achievements not unlock (after 28 march)

AuthorMessage
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 21 June 18 at 14:30
Desi Shinobi said:
Nice one mate, will give this a go!
What model XBox do you have. If you have more than one and have played the game on one of the two, replay it on the other. Achievement glitches are infrequent now but, as you have found out, sill affect a small number of people. Technicians from both 2K and Microsoft have attributed the problem to corrupt files. However, because it is low probablilty and random, they can't state where it is. The corruption could occur in a game file, a save file, a system file, the global save file etc. Unless the issue is with the global save file, a complete factory reset deleting all info including games and apps would probably solve it.

That's a lot of work without a 100% guarantee. Playing a new game after you've gone offline, deleted all game content & save files, and cleared the cache requires far less work and prevents a corruption in the global save from interfering with the achievement unlocking. Moreover, you are playing the original version of the game without the updtates that created the problem in the first place. 2K has confirmed that the problems started with the first update.
Desi Shinobi
Desi Shinobi
Posted on 22 June 18 at 09:07
Allgorhythm said:
Desi Shinobi said:
Nice one mate, will give this a go!
What model XBox do you have. If you have more than one and have played the game on one of the two, replay it on the other. Achievement glitches are infrequent now but, as you have found out, sill affect a small number of people. Technicians from both 2K and Microsoft have attributed the problem to corrupt files. However, because it is low probablilty and random, they can't state where it is. The corruption could occur in a game file, a save file, a system file, the global save file etc. Unless the issue is with the global save file, a complete factory reset deleting all info including games and apps would probably solve it.

That's a lot of work without a 100% guarantee. Playing a new game after you've gone offline, deleted all game content & save files, and cleared the cache requires far less work and prevents a corruption in the global save from interfering with the achievement unlocking. Moreover, you are playing the original version of the game without the updtates that created the problem in the first place. 2K has confirmed that the problems started with the first update.
Thanks mate, I have the Xbox One S and only one model. Played on one console. This is all promising information, thank you, you are very informative.

Helped me like you did with the FFXV data log long time ago.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 22 June 18 at 14:51
Desi Shinobi said:
Thanks mate, I have the Xbox One S and only one model. Played on one console. This is all promising information, thank you, you are very informative.

Helped me like you did with the FFXV data log long time ago.
You're welcome. I wrote a few guides for Mafia III before the first update. After people started having glitches--and, at the time, some of the achievements even became unobtainable online--I had numerous discussions with 2K techs about the issues and tried to keep the guides current with the latest info. Although the problems were terrible, I will say that 2K accepted full responsibility. They admitted that the problem existed and they had caused it. They attempted to resolve it in future updates. They made progress but were not completely successful as you well know.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 22 June 18 at 18:20
So are those the only achievements affected by this issue?
Desi Shinobi
Desi Shinobi
Posted on 08 August 18 at 12:40
After enough time has passed since my last post, I am going to attempt a straight playthrough to get that final achievement tomorrow.

"laying a new game after you've gone offline, deleted all game content & save files, and cleared the cache requires far less work and prevents a corruption in the global save from interfering with the achievement unlocking. "

wish me luck!!!
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 08 August 18 at 18:07
Desi Shinobi said:
After enough time has passed since my last post, I am going to attempt a straight playthrough to get that final achievement tomorrow.

"laying a new game after you've gone offline, deleted all game content & save files, and cleared the cache requires far less work and prevents a corruption in the global save from interfering with the achievement unlocking. "

wish me luck!!!
Good luck!
Desi Shinobi
Desi Shinobi
Posted on 08 August 18 at 22:17
Allgorhythm said:
Desi Shinobi said:

wish me luck!!!
Good luck!
Once I flipped all 16 bosses, do I quit the game and go on line? Then it pops?
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 08 August 18 at 23:51, Edited on 08 August 18 at 23:52 by Allgorhythm
Desi Shinobi said:
No. It will pop while you're offline. As I'm sure you know, you wiretap the area where each racket boss is located. You'll get the option to recruit rather than kill. Of course, you will always want to recruit. Whenever you recruit a racket boss, a banner appears at the top that says:
XXX racket
Secured

When you flip your 16th boss, when the banner appears, the achievement will pop.

This gives you the achievement on your local profile. The issue, then, is to get it into your global profile. If you don't care about any game progress in your online profile, you can go online immediately. The game will want to update, synch, and your global profile will get credit for the achievement.

Recommended: On the other hand, if you want to keep your global info without change, exit the game. Go online. This will cause your global profile to get credited with the achievement but will not synch your local game save file with the local one. Then, you can go to manage game and delete your local save. When you next play the game, the game will want to update. It will synch and you will then have a duplicate of the global save file locally.
Desi Shinobi
Desi Shinobi
Posted on 09 August 18 at 10:38
I’ve just flipped every boss and played for 12-13 hours straight and it’s still not popped up!!!

Ah god!!! Tell me what I’m doing wrong!?
Desi Shinobi
Desi Shinobi
Posted on 09 August 18 at 14:26
Allgorhythm said:
Desi Shinobi said:
No. It will pop while you're offline. As I'm sure you know, you wiretap the area where each racket boss is located. You'll get the option to recruit rather than kill. Of course, you will always want to recruit. Whenever you recruit a racket boss, a banner appears at the top that says:
XXX racket
Secured

When you flip your 16th boss, when the banner appears, the achievement will pop.

This gives you the achievement on your local profile. The issue, then, is to get it into your global profile. If you don't care about any game progress in your online profile, you can go online immediately. The game will want to update, synch, and your global profile will get credit for the achievement.

Recommended: On the other hand, if you want to keep your global info without change, exit the game. Go online. This will cause your global profile to get credited with the achievement but will not synch your local game save file with the local one. Then, you can go to manage game and delete your local save. When you next play the game, the game will want to update. It will synch and you will then have a duplicate of the global save file locally.
Hi mate, it’s updated with all the patches etc and loaded game back up and it’s taken me back to 5 rackets to take over still and no achievement pop anywhere?
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 09 August 18 at 15:23
Desi Shinobi said:
Hi mate, it’s updated with all the patches etc and loaded game back up and it’s taken me back to 5 rackets to take over still and no achievement pop anywhere?
This is quite a complex problem. I would recommend getting support tickets from both 2K and Microsoft.

With no pretensions of being an expert, but having talked to both 2K and Microsoft about the issues, my feeling is that there is some kind of corruption. Since playing offline with the original disk did not solve the problem, the logical assumption is that somehow, along the way, you picked up a corrupt file on your local console. The corruption is one that remained when you uninstalled the game and deleted game data.

The most drastic step would be a full factory reset where you choose the option to delete all content. This describes the steps in more detail if you need it: Achievements not unlocking, achievements app not even tracking

A couple of points. First, like I said, I'm no expert and will always defer to a game or console tech rep. It's best you follow their advice and not mine. Second, although it sounds like a complete factory reset gives you a clean slate, there is no guarantee it will work. If it doesn't, you will have gone through a very invasive process without solving the problem.

There is something else to bear in mind. I know of no one who had achievement glitches with the base game without updates. So, as I said above, whatever bug is causing the glitch most likely snuck in with one of the updates. Since Mafia III was the game affected, it most likely snuck in with a Mafia III update. You can't say that for certain because the XBox One console has had quite a few console related achievement problems. To get to the point, if I were you, I would want to thoroughly cleanse my system with a full factory reset removing all content--games and apps.

A very good technique that has worked for me and others who have experienced an achievemnt glitch is play on another console. This assumes you have access to a second console. If there is some corruption, it is either global or local. Since you have gone to great lengths to remove global influences, the problem is most likely local. So, playing in a different local environment should help. Since Mafia III is a known problem game, if you can pick and choose, it would be best to play on a console on which Mafia III has never previously been installed.
Desi Shinobi
Desi Shinobi
Posted on 10 August 18 at 09:55
Allgorhythm said:
Desi Shinobi said:
This is quite a complex problem. I would recommend getting support tickets from both 2K and Microsoft.

With no pretensions of being an expert, but having talked to both 2K and Microsoft about the issues, my feeling is that there is some kind of corruption. Since playing offline with the original disk did not solve the problem, the logical assumption is that somehow, along the way, you picked up a corrupt file on your local console. The corruption is one that remained when you uninstalled the game and deleted game data.

The most drastic step would be a full factory reset where you choose the option to delete all content. This describes the steps in more detail if you need it: Achievements not unlocking, achievements app not even tracking

A couple of points. First, like I said, I'm no expert and will always defer to a game or console tech rep. It's best you follow their advice and not mine. Second, although it sounds like a complete factory reset gives you a clean slate, there is no guarantee it will work. If it doesn't, you will have gone through a very invasive process without solving the problem.

There is something else to bear in mind. I know of no one who had achievement glitches with the base game without updates. So, as I said above, whatever bug is causing the glitch most likely snuck in with one of the updates. Since Mafia III was the game affected, it most likely snuck in with a Mafia III update. You can't say that for certain because the XBox One console has had quite a few console related achievement problems. To get to the point, if I were you, I would want to thoroughly cleanse my system with a full factory reset removing all content--games and apps.

A very good technique that has worked for me and others who have experienced an achievemnt glitch is play on another console. This assumes you have access to a second console. If there is some corruption, it is either global or local. Since you have gone to great lengths to remove global influences, the problem is most likely local. So, playing in a different local environment should help. Since Mafia III is a known problem game, if you can pick and choose, it would be best to play on a console on which Mafia III has never previously been installed.
Thank you, that link was quite helpful. One thing I realised is the unknown amount of anomalies that other gamers are going through that can cause this.

It sucks that this is stuck at 99%, this is the same issue with Sleeping Dogs with a similar problem and also stuck at 99%.

I have now played through Mafia III over 7 times now. The last one was a 12 hour speed run which as has ruined me and gave me an existential crisis.

I may have to go down the route of doing a factory reset but keeping apps and games and hope it works.

this corruption sounds about right.

this game can be 100% one way or another right? or could this game be PERMANENTLY UNOBTAINABLE?

I also do not have access to a second xbox one
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 10 August 18 at 13:28
Desi Shinobi said:
Allgorhythm said:
Desi Shinobi said:

I messaged you what to do a few minutes ago. I'd be honestly surprised if it doesn't work this time.

Thank you, that link was quite helpful. One thing I realised is the unknown amount of anomalies that other gamers are going through that can cause this.

It sucks that this is stuck at 99%, this is the same issue with Sleeping Dogs with a similar problem and also stuck at 99%.

I have now played through Mafia III over 7 times now. The last one was a 12 hour speed run which as has ruined me and gave me an existential crisis.

I may have to go down the route of doing a factory reset but keeping apps and games and hope it works.

this corruption sounds about right.

this game can be 100% one way or another right? or could this game be PERMANENTLY UNOBTAINABLE?

I also do not have access to a second xbox one
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 26 August 18 at 19:38
I just flipped the last racket boss and achievement didn't pop either. Not gonna spend a cent on anything 2k again until it pops and I'm sure as fuck not gonna do that repetitive more than I have tk to have it possibly not pop again.

Plus, this is a stupid game. Going into a southern union base and there's black guys just chilling out down there? So they don't have an issue with black people, just Lincoln Clay. Trying to chase or escape in a car? Too bad, because your tires got blown out within 4 seconds.
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 03 December 18 at 03:17
So 2k doesn't believe in fixing the game. That's good, another company to never make a purchase from again.
JakThaRiPP3R84
Posted on 12 February 19 at 11:30
I have stayed as far away from this game as possible,. glitched shitty achievements, tbh im so close to just selling the xbox and ditching it altogether. I cba to cheevo hunt on shitbox where cheevos may or may not even unlock. lol
Desi Shinobi
Desi Shinobi
Posted on 19 March 19 at 10:09
Ostrowidzki1989 said:
I just flipped the last racket boss and achievement didn't pop either. Not gonna spend a cent on anything 2k again until it pops and I'm sure as fuck not gonna do that repetitive more than I have tk to have it possibly not pop again.

Plus, this is a stupid game. Going into a southern union base and there's black guys just chilling out down there? So they don't have an issue with black people, just Lincoln Clay. Trying to chase or escape in a car? Too bad, because your tires got blown out within 4 seconds.
Did you try the method you advised me? regarding clearing the requirements by reset?
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 11 May 19 at 05:39
Desi Shinobi said:
Ostrowidzki1989 said:

Did you try the method you advised me? regarding clearing the requirements by reset?
No luck. Something is really wrong with this garbage game. That autosave feature truly is horrible in this situation. I won't be going through the game again and not have it unlock.
MI1BURN
MI1BURN
Posted on 15 May 19 at 20:04
I've had no luck with the closed casket achievement.

Every time I perform one I can see the mafia 3 logo in the top right corner pop up and disappear. My best guess is that the tracking is broken or stuck. The achievement tracker isn't going up either.

I've seen people suggest to reinstall the game but i've done that three times now.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.