Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

More Artifex Mundi Entries Scheduled for 2017

• ukinsproukinspro1,427,565
    Posted on 05 April 17 at 12:09
    tornprince2012 said:
    Good news!
    Unprovoked saltiness of some degenerates never seizes to amaze me.
    Oh the Irony !!
  • PuckJunkiePuckJunkie856,584
    Posted on 05 April 17 at 12:58
    I'm with the naysayers. I bought a bundle of these games on the cheap, and the first one I played (The Cursed Heart) was inane and repetitive. One playthrough was excruciating; the second was mind-numbing. I don't mind the entire point-and-click genre, but there has to be something to get me invested in the game. Monkey Island is better than this stuff.
  • spegelbilderspegelbilder621,431
    Posted on 05 April 17 at 14:23
    LOVE theese games. Thank you for this information :)

CAN'T wait <3
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,328,617
    Posted on 05 April 17 at 16:44
    segagamer said:
    If their games were a little cheaper I would buy them day one. I'm waiting for a decent sale on some of the bundles before I delve into their collections.

I really like the look of them though - I just simply have too much of a backlog to invest in all their titles on day one lol
    I have bought all the previously released during sales in the last 6 months. Put them on your wish list and it will tell you when they go on sale again. But I agree, they are only worth it when they are on sale for more than 50% off.
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,328,617
    Posted on 05 April 17 at 16:47
    ukinspro said:
    What's not to like about the Artifex Mundi games?

How long have you got. Boring over priced garbage, which is fueled by idiots buying for an easy 1,000GS. Point and click is gaming cancer, whilst most likely a very profitable stream of income, these "games" (loosely termed) should not have achievements.

Take the most boring part of games - Collectibles (check)
    Remove nearly all ability to explore off the beaten track (check)
    Add a weak and boring story that wouldn't sell anywhere else (check)

Then bundle it up and wait for a steady line of morons eager to give you money (checkmate)

Yes - I'm not a fan
    I agree, they can get really boring especially with collectibles. WHat a bunch of shit that is. However, they stories can be great assuming they don't overwhelm you with stupid shit.... but then games always seem to do add crap that isn't needed to artifically lengthen the game.

I HATE HAVING TO FOLLOW A GUIDE TO COLLECT SHIT, but it seems like that is what's needed now adays, otherwise you waste doulbe the game's length looking for them yourself.
  • Posted on 05 April 17 at 16:59
    ukinspro said:

How long have you got. Boring over priced garbage, which is fueled by idiots buying for an easy 1,000GS. Point and click is gaming cancer, whilst most likely a very profitable stream of income, these "games" (loosely termed) should not have achievements.

Then bundle it up and wait for a steady line of morons eager to give you money (checkmate)

Yes - I'm not a fan
    Have you seen some of the games you've completed? Lol you shouldn't judge others for whoring.
  • tornprince2012tornprince20121,096,592
    Posted on 05 April 17 at 17:19
    Cemetery Girls said:
    ukinspro said:

Yes - I'm not a fan
    Have you seen some of the games you've completed? Lol you shouldn't judge others for whoring.
    Oh the Irony !!
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,672,287
    Posted on 05 April 17 at 22:21
    my favourite type of games are shooters and action adventure, but having said that it's nice to have one of these games ready to play or in your backlog. (like many on TA I've played any old $£%& for GS.

i enjoy artifex mundi game every now and then and can be relaxing late evening and my young daughter has joined me many times to help find things in the hidden items mini games(I've seen us spend 15-20 mins trying to find last item).

it's all about choice and personal taste and it's good we have a wide variety of games to choose from.
    some games i like, some i don't and some of the ones i don't are so called AAA massive selling popular games.

try an artifex mundi game especially on sale, at most you may waste £2-3, or you may like it.
  • Daelus1Daelus1900,268
    Posted on 06 April 17 at 10:05
    Spilner said:
    Daelus1 said:
    lol...another auto-8 Kelly :) Mass Effect is a 3.5, but any point-and-click kids game this company puts out gets a 4/5 on TA (and an average of 3 from everyone else on Meta....interesting)......I know, I know, it doesn't really impact me...but, the injustice is galling :)
    A well made game deserves the right rating, just cause its a small name doesn't mean it gets a low rating and vice versa for AAA
    My Name is Mayo is a game that released on PS4 (and PC of course)....the ENTIRE point of the game is to tap on the mayo jar to get 1,000 gamer score....that's it...that's everything it does....so, did it do exactly what it was supposed to? Was it "well made".....absolutely....should it have a good rating from any objective reviewer? If they are an idiot (Digitally Downloaded...lmfao)......"well made" is a facile argument.

Look, I have no problem if the Reviewer says right at the top, "this is a point and click adventure that is more suited to children or mobile gamers" and then gives it whatever rating they want....there's context there and I may not have been sucked in by 1 of these reviews that made the game seem like much, much more than it actually was
  • ukinsproukinspro1,427,565
    Posted on 06 April 17 at 12:17
    tornprince2012 said:
    Cemetery Girls said:
    ukinspro said:

Yes - I'm not a fan
    Oh the Irony !!
    Free games are not classified as over priced as far as I am aware. At least understand the opinion before making comments.

I'll refer you to question again (yawn)

What if the question had been "What's to like about"

Relatively quick 1,000GS
    Easily accessible for young gamers

But then that wasn't the question was it!!
  • tornprince2012tornprince20121,096,592
    Posted on 06 April 17 at 16:57
    ukinspro said:
    tornprince2012 said:
    Cemetery Girls said:
    ukinspro said:

Yes - I'm not a fan
    Oh the Irony !!
    Free games are not classified as over priced as far as I am aware. At least understand the opinion before making comments.

I'll refer you to question again (yawn)

What if the question had been "What's to like about"

Relatively quick 1,000GS
    Easily accessible for young gamers

But then that wasn't the question was it!!
    This is not about the question.

This is also not about a personal taste.

This is about infantile attitude of a tactless person who doesn't realize there are other people around, and calling them morons and idiots is disdainful, to say the least.
  • JeroenRosJeroenRos1,327,575
    Posted on 07 April 17 at 14:40
    Their well-made point-and-click titles* wink
    Jeroen Ros
  • KBop a dooKBop a doo387,536
    Posted on 07 April 17 at 16:39, Edited on 07 April 17 at 16:42 by KBop a doo
    JeroenRos said:
    Their well-made point-and-click titles* wink
    I'm not sure if you're joking or not (never can tell over the web!), but it would be grammatically incorrect to write it that way. We have a lot of users who do not have English as their native tongue, so I'll launch into the explanation just in case anyone is interested laugh

"They're" is a contraction for "they are," which is what we want here: "They are well-made point-and-click titles that always come with an easy 1,000 gamerscore."

"Their" the way you have written it is only used to imply possession (ie. their dog, their house) so it wouldn't make sense here and wouldn't even be a functional sentence since it would have no verb if you replaced "they're" with "their."
  • Posted on 21 April 17 at 10:23
    I love these games Keep them coming smile
    Gaming 4 Life
  • Posted on 02 May 17 at 14:05
    I enjoyed the Enigmatis ones, but only buy these when they're on sale.
    Xbox Live Ambassador - ask me anything, and I'll do my best to help. :)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.