Game Discussion: Dark Souls (PC) Forum

Games for windows live

AuthorMessage
GYS GHOST
GYS GHOST
Posted on 10 April 17 at 15:49
hello everyone, just as with halo 2 I found it extremely difficult to connect .I the physical version of the game I need to know if you experts know a way to connect at least once. The game forces me to play offline and when I click on "live" nothing happens

facepalm
Halo tmcc 100% :)
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 10 April 17 at 15:56
You have to play this game offline. To sync your achievements you'll need to load up another gfwl game online.
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 10 April 17 at 15:56
You have to play this game offline. To sync your achievements you'll need to load up another gfwl game online.
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 10 April 17 at 16:31
You do indeed have to play offline. The last patch the game received (before the online service migrated to Steamworks) somehow broke the GFWL connection. Since you can't play online without accepting the latest patch and you can't play online with the patch... well, offline is sadly the online way to do it. Like Jam said, you then have to boot up a different GFWL game and connect to the service to sync your offline achievements.
What can change the nature of a man?
GYS GHOST
GYS GHOST
Posted on 10 April 17 at 16:46
to make access to my Microsoft account can use the screen GFWL halo 2?compute
GYS GHOST
GYS GHOST
Posted on 17 April 17 at 19:21
Awoo said:
Like Jam said, you then have to boot up a different GFWL game and connect to the service to sync your offline achievements.
JamP0und32 said:
There is my magnificent screen of halo 2 with gfwl that now work perfectly:
https://imageshack.us/i/pm7dk2dDj

There is my magnificent screen of dark souls wothout gfwl that now
Don't work :
https://imageshack.us/i/pnUKnKKUj .
I do not understand...

how do I start dark souls with the GFWL of halo 2!?
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 17 April 17 at 19:34
Yes, that's all as it should be. You can not play Dark Souls GFWL online at this point, you can only play it offline. The achievements you earn will still count, but they will only be synced to your profile once you boot up a different GFWL game, so that the GFWL service "sees" your offline Dark Souls achievements. That's what Halo 2 is for in your case.
Sabin VI
Sabin VI
Posted on 21 May 17 at 06:25, Edited on 21 May 17 at 06:33 by Sabin VI
Awoo said:
Yes, that's all as it should be. You can not play Dark Souls GFWL online at this point, you can only play it offline. The achievements you earn will still count, but they will only be synced to your profile once you boot up a different GFWL game, so that the GFWL service "sees" your offline Dark Souls achievements. That's what Halo 2 is for in your case.
correction.. you can NOT Play Physical Copies Online anymore ... i'm still able to play my Steam copy while connected to GFWL.. of course in order to be able to play the Game online you must have had the Game installed before the Steamworks Update ... but IT is still possible to play Online and earn Achievements ONLINE in Dark Souls (PC) it's just very rare to find somebody to play with laugh
Valaith
Valaith
Posted on 07 June 17 at 13:58
How are you guys getting past the release date check?
ConveyedPaper
ConveyedPaper
Posted on 13 June 17 at 19:23
When i first got this game i installed it with no problems but then the release date check came it didn't let me get past it i tried it a couple times didn't work . I don't have very good internet where i live so i went to my friends house he has BLAZING FAST internet when it was time to check the release date it worked on the first time my game was running smoothly i hope i helped smile

also when i was playing Dark Souls PC i was playing on windows 10 never had any problems
Valaith
Valaith
Posted on 13 June 17 at 19:29
I'm also running Windows 10 (64 bit) on a good rig. I've got comcast internet and they're fast. I just can't get past this date check.
Sabin VI
Sabin VI
Posted on 24 June 17 at 12:04
For getting past most of the Release Date Checks it works if you set that Date of your Computer back a Day after the Game came out so for Dark Souls that's 25 August 2012.
Living Legends
Posted on 24 June 17 at 19:52
Sabin VI said:
For getting past most of the Release Date Checks it works if you set that Date of your Computer back a Day after the Game came out so for Dark Souls that's 25 August 2012.
Works for this and any other GFWL title doing this
GUYS GHOST
GUYS GHOST
Posted on 10 October 17 at 16:43
Second attempt and
Dark Souls (PC)Reach LordranThe Reach Lordran achievement in Dark Souls (PC) worth 21 pointsArrive in Lordran.
does not unlock.
Gys ghost
GUYS GHOST
GUYS GHOST
Posted on 10 October 17 at 16:44
more specifically it unlocks but does not sync
Gys ghost
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 10 October 17 at 17:07
It will unlock again if you revisit the Asylum later and then use the crow to return again. That seems to make it stick for most people, including me.
Living Legends
Posted on 15 October 17 at 06:21
Awoo said:
It will unlock again if you revisit the Asylum later and then use the crow to return again. That seems to make it stick for most people, including me.
Worked for me as well.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.