The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: April 11th, 2017

• Pvt RainPvt Rain320,184
    Posted on 11 April 17 at 12:02
    State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition for just over $10 with tax is the only thing that caught my eye and I bought. These deals are very meh mostly repeats from different Deals with Gold and the Winter Sale, sadly some of these games are still cheaper to grab a disc copy like Doom, Titanfall 2 ect. I am more suprised at the lack of games I thought be on sale like Far Cry 3, Skyrim remastered and even a small discount on Ghost Recon would have been welcomed.

Oh well I grabbed one new game so at least it's something was just hoping to snag some more.
  • Belly EllyBelly Elly166,164
    Posted on 11 April 17 at 12:11
    Iainoco said:
    Belly Elly said:
    Elyoh said:
    Belly Elly said:
    Season Pass of Ryse: Son of Rome is also on sale for $6.60. However, I can not find it in the European store outside a bundle. DLC is not even sold separately, you have to buy the legendary edition with DLC for 50E in the Netherlands. Am I doing something wrong?
    For some reason the Netherlands store is that way, its not you.
    Thanks! I can't even describe how retarded that is. Does anybody know if I can use the US store if I would buy a 10$ gift card and set the One's system location to the US?
    Do it on website, much easier.
    Ok, does that mean I can buy from the US store without problems? If I want to buy a USD gift card it warns me that it is only compatible with US accounts. I'm wondering what I have to do to get a US account. I thought this was tied to your system settings, on the website I don't see any indication what country my account is tied to.

I know for the 360 you had an account region you could change only once every few months. How does this work for the One?
  • MattQuin89MattQuin89430,322
    Posted on 11 April 17 at 12:24
    Belly Elly said:
    Iainoco said:
    Belly Elly said:
    Elyoh said:
    Belly Elly said:
    Season Pass of Ryse: Son of Rome is also on sale for $6.60. However, I can not find it in the European store outside a bundle. DLC is not even sold separately, you have to buy the legendary edition with DLC for 50E in the Netherlands. Am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks! I can't even describe how retarded that is. Does anybody know if I can use the US store if I would buy a 10$ gift card and set the One's system location to the US?
    Do it on website, much easier.
    Ok, does that mean I can buy from the US store without problems? If I want to buy a USD gift card it warns me that it is only compatible with US accounts. I'm wondering what I have to do to get a US account. I thought this was tied to your system settings, on the website I don't see any indication what country my account is tied to.

I know for the 360 you had an account region you could change only once every few months. How does this work for the One?
    Works the same way. Personally I have my xbox set to UK, and my 'website' status set to USA for when I want to use their currency instead. You may have to briefly switch your console to USA to download the games, then switch it back instantly.
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,255,772
    Posted on 11 April 17 at 12:28
    i think like many on here i have quite a few of these games already and not just that i paid a lot less than the sale prices for all of them.

have been considering titanfall 2 and rainbow siege but held off for the sale. can be bought much cheaper online and i do try to get disc version unless download sale price is good.
    also i was also hoping for much more in the way of dlc's.

there are some good games and don't get me wrong there are a few bargains there, but i feel these sale prices should blow online prices out of the water.(in past week I've bought dishonored 2, bioshock collection and telltale walking dead season 3 much cheaper than these sales all on disc and brand new).

having said that in the spring sale bought just cause dlc, lego marvel dlc and candleman.

not into buying movies and tv shows online as have movie package included with my tv/internet. i much prefer to buy blu ray.

so the sale for me is just a bit meh, nothing to get excited about but at least my game buying addiction was kept in check.warning

keep on rockinrock
  • dale smeegledale smeegle589,560
    Posted on 11 April 17 at 13:06
    I got prison architect Xbox one for £8 rather than £10?
  • Belly EllyBelly Elly166,164
    Posted on 11 April 17 at 13:07
    Thanks guys, worked like a charm.
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82451,379
    Posted on 11 April 17 at 13:07
    kinda pissed that the Sniper Elite 4 Season Pass doesn't exist anymore. Kinda annoying to buy the Ultimate Edition when I already have the normal one.
    Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
  • Posted on 11 April 17 at 13:14
    I don't normally comment on sales, but this one really is awful.
    Microsoft have lost a lot of money through crap discounts and even crappier games, some of those indie games are truly dreadful.
    Hero
  • KnoellKnoell376,288
    Posted on 11 April 17 at 13:24
    Maybe I just have my eye on too many older games that I never had a chance to play but I thought this sale was great. Had to stop myself from spending money.

Got lost odyssey, fallout 4 season pass, catherine, the stick of truth, wolfenstein the new order and shadow of mordor for like 70 bucks total. Good deal to me since I wanted to play each of those when they came out but never had a chance. I have catherine and lost odyssey on disc already but wanted digital copies for a few bucks each.

Would've bought more like batman and doom but I'll never get to my backlog, so I'll wait for them to go to 10 bucks as well. It's kind of nice being behind the trends.
    Knoell
  • Darklord1899Darklord1899386,309
    Posted on 11 April 17 at 13:25
    Still no discount on the ludicrous price for the gears of war 4 season pass. Looks like I am never going to buy it.
  • joemokejoemoke286,458
    Posted on 11 April 17 at 13:29
    Definitely buying the Lego Marvel season pass and Doodle God. Otherwise I'm not really interested in much.
  • Deadsh0tGGDeadsh0tGG375,334
    Posted on 11 April 17 at 13:30
    Elyoh said:
    Belly Elly said:
    Greek store has the same issue. Not available outside of the bundle.
  • Posted on 11 April 17 at 13:31
    NawtyCawty said:
    Might get Candleman and Uncanny Valley, although its not much of a discount tbh.

I never buy full retail games digitally as the physical copies are ALWAYS cheaper.
    This is incredibly incorrect depending on what you're looking for. If you're gonna go buy a game that's been out for a few years then maybe. I religiously purchase AAA games physically and always look for sales when they come out. If I were to compare how many times a AAA physical copy will go on sale digitally before physically I will go 3:1 digital to physical. For example Resident Evil 7 went on sale digitally a few weeks ago, yet (at least in Canada) it has been full price since its release date). Another example was battlefield 1 and titanfall 2. Both games are still full price (unless purchasing used) and went on sale maybe once over christmas. Yes both games digitally have been on sale multiple times and bundled together. So no they are not ALWAYS cheaper, if they are used maybe.
  • Falcon SVNFalcon SVN466,360
    Posted on 11 April 17 at 13:34
    Was thinking about Middle Earth at $10. Anyone know if it's worth it?
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82451,379
    Posted on 11 April 17 at 13:42
    Falcon12727 said:
    Was thinking about Middle Earth at $10. Anyone know if it's worth it?
    I really liked the game. 10$ is definitely worth it.
    Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
  • Posted on 11 April 17 at 14:07
    These sales are pretty lame. TBH.
  • Posted on 11 April 17 at 14:10, Edited on 11 April 17 at 14:15 by Chameleon1977
    wildwest08 said:
    Ryse season pass is 6.60 for Gold members. Just got that, which is nice
    Thanks!
    xPut Name Herex said:
    One of the few cons with the new sale system TA implements is that it doesn't display sales on items that don't have achievements tied to them, or achievement-less items in bundle (for instance, the smaller bits and pieces of season passes).
    That's a pretty big omission! IMO, big enough to warrant canning the new system until it can do things like that. Seriously, they can't put season passes in the list of sale items, but they can put consumables in? How did they manage to get FH3 car pass in then??
    I subscribed to news for Ryse just to make sure I didn't miss the season pass going on sale, but then it doesn't get a mention. Appreciate everything TA does, but this needs fixing ASAP.
  • GauzyEggGauzyEgg75,796
    Posted on 11 April 17 at 14:24, Edited on 11 April 17 at 14:24 by GauzyEgg
    Ended up picking up Just Cause 3 xl edition, rhyse dlc, witcher 3 expansion pass, and Alan Wake

Thinking of picking up deus ex also maybe without the dlc but I want that game for under 30
  • Posted on 11 April 17 at 14:27
    KEVALlO said:
    TXsportsGamer83 said:
    Which is the telltale bundle that has ALL walking dead episodes? Id rather get that than just get the free season 2
    I was going to pick up one of the telltale bundles but remembered that the walking dead season 2 is in gwg this month, and I have already played season one so not sure whether the bundle would be worth it.
    I get u. I've never played TWD, but I wanna get the bundle on sale rather than 1 free season and pay reg price for the rest. So is there only 3 seasons? Would the horror bundle give me all the episodes?
  • SheBeatsYouSheBeatsYou298,498
    Posted on 11 April 17 at 14:30
    doom Is $20 new on ebay and amazon. $41 Digital Sale? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.