Game Discussion: Call of Duty: Black Ops II

How can I prestige if I can't play online due to modded lobbies?

• WastedDeerWastedDeer631,158
    Posted on 11 April 17 at 08:16
    I've seen that lobbies in this game are now modded and achievements can just pop like in WAW. I am only around lvl 30 so would need to play quite a bit to prestige.

What will happen if I end up in one of these lobbies? I have no priors on my account for cheating and I don't want to get any but scared to play it now.

I only ask cause I've seen the season pass is on sale and will get it if I can still play online with no worries.

Thanks
    Check out my youtube channel if you want a laugh - just search for WastedDeer www.twitch.tv/wasteddeer Twitter - @WastedDeer
  • Posted on 11 April 17 at 08:42
    I played a few months ago for a few weeks every day and never ran into a single modded lobby. When did these start?
  • WastedDeerWastedDeer631,158
    Posted on 11 April 17 at 21:59
    Dunno but seen posts about it. Now it's back compat I'm gonna prestige during the surge in players.
    Check out my youtube channel if you want a laugh - just search for WastedDeer www.twitch.tv/wasteddeer Twitter - @WastedDeer
  • Living LegendsLiving Legends1,118,990
    Posted on 12 April 17 at 03:40
    Play hardcore. I think in months of hardcore gameplay I have run across three hackers.
  • Posted on 02 May 17 at 04:57
    I ran into one modded lobby and it's the reason I'm on non-stat tracking. It's such bs
  • PangoBaraPangoBara2,773,988
    Posted on 04 May 17 at 19:10
    I've still never ran into a single modded lobby
  • mcnuggestsmcnuggests910,256
    Posted on 04 May 17 at 19:17
    Buttercup III said:
    I ran into one modded lobby and it's the reason I'm on non-stat tracking. It's such bs
    no ur not
  • SiRFaPaLoT420SiRFaPaLoT4201,677,532
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 21:29
    Yeah I found a modded lobby in zombies. There was a rainbow and a bunch of achievements popped. I was planning on doing giant accomplishment, but I guess I have free time again.

There's not a whole lot you can do, if you want to play blops 2 online there are some things that are bound to happen eventually.
  • Cr4ck Sh0t23Cr4ck Sh0t231,718,840
    Posted on 04 July 17 at 03:18
    I've only just recently got back into BO2 and I have never seen or ran into a modded lobby. I have seen them for WAW, MW & MW2.

If I ran into one of these lobbies and achievements start unlocking, what affect does that have with me on TA?
  • ssippieessippiee1,159,507
    Posted on 04 July 17 at 08:48, Edited on 04 July 17 at 08:52 by ssippiee
    Cr4ck Sh0t23 said:
    I've only just recently got back into BO2 and I have never seen or ran into a modded lobby. I have seen them for WAW, MW & MW2.

If I ran into one of these lobbies and achievements start unlocking, what affect does that have with me on TA?
    If any thing with gamerscore gets unlocked through a modded lobby, even with out you wanting it. And TA find out about it, you either have to hide that game form your list and won't count. Or you can lose your display off TA score. So zero gamerscore achievements are not a problem since they don't count towards your stats. Unless you modded yourself, then it is a problem again.

More information here:
    TA Cheatpolicy

Also to make your life easier complete the rest off the game first. That way there's is less to unlock at once. It won't put you in the clear. But your just have to worry about one unlocking. And not half your game. I'm still backing out on WaW to prevent my get to prestige 10 legit.
    Equip 117 with Weaponized 115
  • Cr4ck Sh0t23Cr4ck Sh0t231,718,840
    Posted on 04 July 17 at 13:21
    ssippiee said:
    Cr4ck Sh0t23 said:

If any thing with gamerscore gets unlocked through a modded lobby, even with out you wanting it. And TA find out about it, you either have to hide that game form your list and won't count. Or you can lose your display off TA score. So zero gamerscore achievements are not a problem since they don't count towards your stats. Unless you modded yourself, then it is a problem again.

More information here:
    TA Cheatpolicy

Also to make your life easier complete the rest off the game first. That way there's is less to unlock at once. It won't put you in the clear. But your just have to worry about one unlocking. And not half your game. I'm still backing out on WaW to prevent my get to prestige 10 legit.
    Thanks, wasn't entirely sure what the rule was for accidental achievements unlocking.
  • Piston ToyotaPiston Toyota1,135,159
    Posted on 04 July 17 at 19:54, Edited on 04 July 17 at 19:58 by Piston Toyota
    ssippiee said:

More information here:
    TA Cheatpolicy
    As far as I know, this isn't true. The Investigations Team doesn't care one bit how much Gamerscore a cheated achievement is worth, only the exact circumstances of how it was cheated. You're probably thinking of the CoD WaW prestige achievements, where for the longest time you could get a "Free Pass" if they found those modded in a way consistent with a hacked lobby. This was not because they were worth no Gamerscore, but rather because there was definitive proof of hackers being able to pop those achievements without any interaction from the user. There was a big discussion about it, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Edit: Alright, there it is. CoD WaW Glitched

As far as I know, that's still the most up to date discussion on how modded lobbies are treated by the Investigations Team.
  • ssippieessippiee1,159,507
    Posted on 07 July 17 at 00:27, Edited on 07 July 17 at 09:48 by ssippiee
    Piston Toyota said:
    ssippiee said:

More information here:
    TA Cheatpolicy
    As far as I know, this isn't true. The Investigations Team doesn't care one bit how much Gamerscore a cheated achievement is worth, only the exact circumstances of how it was cheated. You're probably thinking of the CoD WaW prestige achievements, where for the longest time you could get a "Free Pass" if they found those modded in a way consistent with a hacked lobby. This was not because they were worth no Gamerscore, but rather because there was definitive proof of hackers being able to pop those achievements without any interaction from the user. There was a big discussion about it, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Edit: Alright, there it is. CoD WaW Glitched

As far as I know, that's still the most up to date discussion on how modded lobbies are treated by the Investigations Team.
    Yes I know about the WaW case, I don't know where I saw/heard that 0 gs wouldn't mater that much. Because the Investigative team and everybody else wants this site to be mod free. And yes I didn't make clear that the circumstances are the most important. And you shouldn't go around unlocking 0 GS achievements and think you are in the clear.

But I think in the decision making off what happens to your account. I think the value and impact on lead boards and stats are also taken in to consideration.

Also reading my own post again, I should have made clear that I don't know for sure. I must have missed that in my thoughts when typing. I'm not par off that team or have any insight. I only have rumors and logic. That was my fault.

EDIT:
    Found the quote in the CoD WaW Glitched.
    said:
    No, we overlook the 0G achievements. We do not offer removal for just that. As infuriating as it may be to some, the fact is those 0G achievements do not effect stats in the same way as achievements with values attached. Were there additional items beyond just the 2 prestige achievements, we would generate an investigation and offer removal under normal circumstances.

Reasons we would not offer removal include (but are not limited to):
    Unlock of online only achievements while offline
    Detected use of a profile editor

Hopefully that spells it out a bit better.
    Equip 117 with Weaponized 115
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads