Game Discussion: Lies of Astaroth

NEW Update

• MemoriesOfFinalMemoriesOfFinal1,677,678
    Posted on 14 April 17 at 06:00
    Another small thing that bothers me...
    in Ranked Battles, in the records, Wins are in red and Losses are in green.

Universally, in other ranking systems, green usually signifies a positive and red is the negative. Red is stop, Green is go on a street light etc. The flip here is jarring and an eyesore.
  • ElyohElyoh1,099,630
    Posted on 14 April 17 at 06:13
    All I ever see about this game are you guys complaining about it... ALL THE TIME laugh Why do people still play it?
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • MemoriesOfFinalMemoriesOfFinal1,677,678
    Posted on 14 April 17 at 07:33
    trauma
  • Posted on 14 April 17 at 07:46
    First today was starting game on Xbox with updated version then on first floor of a tower I said HELL WITH THIS I'm going to use the unupdated version on other Xbox but sadness its forced me to do update for this game.
  • JalutajaJalutaja1,174,329
    Posted on 14 April 17 at 08:01
    Update makes this mediocre game look like cheap Chinese toy.
    They should remove autobattles and introduce 5 minutes minimum timer before You can make move. So You can immerse tactics of this game. Of course, making autobattles costs 100+ crystals and making faster moves 10+ crystals.
  • DANIELJJ14DANIELJJ141,698,713
    Posted on 14 April 17 at 10:12
    Elyoh said:
    All I ever see about this game are you guys complaining about it... ALL THE TIME laugh Why do people still play it?
    Ever heard of Stockholm syndrome?
  • AllNite87AllNite87107,092
    Posted on 14 April 17 at 10:43
    It resembles the mobile version. I like it and I don't lol
  • FFX BrotherhoodFFX Brotherhood1,561,240
    Posted on 14 April 17 at 10:48
    DANIELJJ14 said:
    Elyoh said:
    Ever heard of Stockholm syndrome?
    laugh
    I do like it when the red stuff comes out.
  • rockinroostersrockinroosters2,851,656
    Posted on 14 April 17 at 10:50, Edited on 14 April 17 at 12:09 by rockinroosters
    I seem to only ever come to this forum to complain...but here goes. I do not like the way the tower battles now take for ages, I hate the way you are now unable to read your opponents atk value as it is way to small, when I go into the album it is impossible to read what cards are left as the print is too small. I thought they would have listened and put in auto-battle for all situations too. thankfully I am lvl 99 with just a week to go till rank 100 and I can delete it.
  • AllNite87AllNite87107,092
    Posted on 14 April 17 at 10:54
    Lmao
  • HabitualNewtHabitualNewt274,373
    Posted on 14 April 17 at 13:21
    Being one of the older players here....im having issues seeing the cards clearly now....everything is small.
    YNWA
  • SchaafySchaafy1,335,085
    Posted on 14 April 17 at 13:32
    Yea, the game definitely LOOKS better, but functionality was downgraded with this patch, a lot.
  • MidniteDLITEMidniteDLITE1,024,652
    Posted on 14 April 17 at 13:52
    Couple things I noted from playing yesterday - doing majority of campaign battles:

Campaign does NOT use energy. You will notice it decrease on the Battle/Explore screen, but if you back to the main menu, it will replenish you energy to the correct amount.

I've noticed that when a card uses warpath or concentration, it tends to increase/double the HP amount, but it appeared the damage was based on double ATK rather than the 3000-5000 it might show.

Countless times the HP would fluctuate from card to card. Especially if it has status effect. You kill a card and see 0, then changes to full health, and dies. Very inconsistent and hard to comprehend how much HP or ATK a card has at a specific time.

Print is way to small, lot of wasted space on menus.

Opening sequence is pointless. They need to allow an option to see or not see, or remove completely.

I don't like the new enchant card menu - I tend to level up cards by selecting in masses rather than auto select. This sometimes causes me to go to far to the left and click the buttons to change race, stars, level, etc. I preferred the old method where I could go crazy and not have to worry about changing the specifics without hitting a trigger button.

Overall, as noted throughout the forum, the update was cosmetic and provided minimal gameplay upgrades.
  • DalimbakDalimbak2,538,387
    Posted on 14 April 17 at 14:15
    MrZombieChicken said:
    After getting a scrap for Queen Bee a while ago, I thought things couldn't get better. They did! Today I got a scrap for Imp Destroyer. Hot diggity dog!
    And you guys were saying this update sucked.....sheesh! You obviously don't have this Imp murdering machine in your deck or you'd be singing a different tune. Now excuse me while I hunt down more of these sweet sweet scraps so I can go annihilate some imps.
    I got a scrap of Shaylee and thought all my prayers had been answered
  • Matt DB87Matt DB871,873,782
    Posted on 14 April 17 at 14:27
    Gratz! Shaylee is flippin' awesome! Make sure to put her with Flower Fairy in your deck. They are a strong duo.
    https://www.paypal.me/mattdb87
  • RadicalSniper99RadicalSniper992,658,472
    Posted on 14 April 17 at 15:03
    Matt DB87 said:
    Gratz! Shaylee is flippin' awesome! Make sure to put her with Flower Fairy in your deck. They are a strong duo.
    Shaylee was my first Level 20 card and only 10x Shuffle! Could always use even more to truly beef up my decks.
  • Nyte Rayne 2Nyte Rayne 21,726,983
    Posted on 14 April 17 at 15:16
    HabitualNewt said:
    Being one of the older players here....im having issues seeing the cards clearly now....everything is small.
    I'm also in the older category. I just got the update yesterday and had to move closer to the TV to read some of the stuff.

I'll admit, I had hoped all of the negativity was an over reaction for the update, but I find very little good in this. While shiny, it is often hard to read. I play a quick round in the Towers before leaving for work each morning. I was 12 minutes late to work today.

I usually get to low to mid 80s in the dungeon. Last night I barely cracked 70. It just isn't fun. The funniest about the splash screen before each battle is that I was seeing monsters that weren't even in their decks. It is just a random picture. I hit a wall on one level and noticed I was getting a different picture each time, so I watched a few battles. I was coming close, so I saw all of their cards. Three in a row had monsters on the splash screen that did not reflect what was in the deck. It is like they said, "We don't want you to play the game quickly. We want you to enjoy our artwork."

Honestly, I don't think this game deserves ALL the hate it has been given. Yes, I've been through the bugs. Cards are coming out slower than most of us would like. "Events" are getting stale. But, it is still a 'decent' game. I've played several other CCGs that I've enjoyed more, but I didn't mind this. But this is a HUGE step back for them. I understand that they probably brainstorm and come up with what they think people want, but they really should player-test major updates with at least a small group of beta testers first. I can't imagine anyone praising this release.
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,486,267
    Posted on 14 April 17 at 15:29
    Dalimbak said:
    MrZombieChicken said:
    After getting a scrap for Queen Bee a while ago, I thought things couldn't get better. They did! Today I got a scrap for Imp Destroyer. Hot diggity dog!
    And you guys were saying this update sucked.....sheesh! You obviously don't have this Imp murdering machine in your deck or you'd be singing a different tune. Now excuse me while I hunt down more of these sweet sweet scraps so I can go annihilate some imps.
    I got a scrap of Shaylee and thought all my prayers had been answered
    Rats! You got the holy grail of cards right there. Better buy a lottery ticket.
    This space for rent.
  • DarwinXDarwinX694,937
    Posted on 14 April 17 at 15:47
    So, I used a stopwatch this morning, and by my count the splash screen takes 4 seconds before the "auto-battle" isn't locked out. Given that you're not likely to just mash the X button for the 4 seconds, that means it's probably adding on average 4.5 seconds to each battle.

I grind out tower runs each morning before work, with 120-140 energy. That means 60-70 battles, so the splash screen is adding ~4.5 - 5 minutes to a session. I was probably running through them in 3-5 minutes before, so this more than doubles the time (even though it feels much longer). For 3 sessions per day that means an extra 15 minutes (of my game playing time, spent not actively playing a game). It's not as bad as I would have expected, but it's still more than I want to spend on a daily basis.

What really upsets me isn't so much the splash screen, it's those 4 seconds that auto-battle is locked out. This game was marginal before, and quite a tedious grind, but this change has made it that much worse.

I think I'm going back to grinding out explore, because at least I can get some gold and XP without spending a ridiculous amount of time doing it.
  • DalimbakDalimbak2,538,387
    Posted on 14 April 17 at 15:53
    I know the hard core of you would like to complete the game 100%. But some out there couldn't care less if they 100% the game or not (me). But I would like to at least get the 300 card achievement Card Superior, level 90 in Dungeon and level 100.

What I would like most to help with Card Superior (could also apply to card expert) is to obtain cards they have taken from the game, (Saint Hindin, Kirin to name two)(some of the cards with 1hp 1atk maybe) is to get them put as scraps.
    Even if they were put in Training Forest or Sunset Wilderness, where the exp is low enough not to cost Finger tactics a fortune and you have to spend your explore for no gain other then the chance of a scrap.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads