Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Dreamfall Chapters Art, Screens, and Trailer

• KylKoKylKo1,875,575
    Posted on 14 April 17 at 17:19, Edited on 14 April 17 at 17:23 by KylKo
    It's sad this game didn't get more attention on the PC. It's the most beautiful and intriguing episodic story game I've ever played, putting TellTale titles to shame with more diverse gameplay, outstanding visuals, and captivating environments split between sci-fi and fantasy. It's also the best kickstarted game I've played. I am a bit biased though; the first two games played a large role in my young gaming years. Chapters is most definitely a worthy successor.
  • Julz D 01Julz D 01686,492
    Posted on 15 April 17 at 21:06
    I've never even heard of this. What are these first two games?
  • KylKoKylKo1,875,575
    Posted on 16 April 17 at 09:29
    Julz D 01 said:
    I've never even heard of this. What are these first two games?
    The Longest Journey is a point and click adventure that came out in 1999. The sequel, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey came out in 2006. It veered away from the point and click style and became a story game more like Life is Strange. Then this title, Dreamfall Chapters, was successfully Kickstarted in 2014 and joined in on the five-episode bandwagon, but with less linear gameplay than other games in that group. Even though their releases span 15 years, each picks up right where the last left off.
  • CODYWWE24CODYWWE2493,388
    Posted on 17 April 17 at 11:43
    I never played it but it looks kinda like a Assassin's Creed game in term of story.
  • Wicked JeiWicked Jei915,341
    Posted on 21 April 17 at 19:56
    Wait, this is a successor to The Longest Journey? I never really got to play that game but I remember the setting being captivating.
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483378,298
    Posted on 04 May 17 at 08:49
    KylKo said:
    Even though their releases span 15 years, each picks up right where the last left off.
    Surely it's 18 years if the first release was 1999...

OT - never heard of this series before and only just noticed this game today when they put out the achievement list. Looks good, might have to keep an eye on this one.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • OneBgBdArtemisOneBgBdArtemis1,306,757
    Posted on 04 May 17 at 22:45
    So may 5th is tomorrow, and umm, I can't seem to find the non existent game. m$ did this with Narcosis too its been out since the 28th, just not on Xbone. W T F is going on here. I've been waiting 11 years for some type of follow-up, and with a stated release date, it's nowhere to be found. Typical m$
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads