Walkthroughs Forum

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

List and Discussion of Published Walkthroughs That Need Improvement

AuthorMessage
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 16 December 18 at 22:09
The Minecraft: Xbox One Edition Walkthrough is missing some of the title update stuff.
Dang3R Gaming
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 16 December 18 at 22:30
IronInfidel47 said:
The Minecraft: Xbox One Edition Walkthrough is missing some of the title update stuff.
That comes under the stack of the 360 version when the list was made. Both need updating.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 22 December 18 at 09:08
I don't know anything about sports games, but does this belong on the list? Haven't checked the other Madden games.
Madden NFL 08 Walkthrough
Vitiated1
Vitiated1
Posted on 22 December 18 at 15:00
IronInfidel47 said:
I don't know anything about sports games, but does this belong on the list? Haven't checked the other Madden games.
Madden NFL 08 Walkthrough
That one is fine in particular, since you sim through most of the games. Just adjust some rules, hit Y, the game ends itself and the achievements unlock
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 22 December 18 at 20:32
Ah okay, I didn’t expect a Madden game to be completable that easily.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 07 January 19 at 00:33
LEGO Lord of the Rings Walkthrough

Collectibles page is just videos
Vitiated1
Vitiated1
Posted on 19 January 19 at 20:02
IronInfidel47 said:

I think some leniency should be granted there, since it's just free roaming after the story a video is probably easier and more efficient to follow than a text guide. I did the same thing for the open world parts of Wolfenstein 09, and I think videos for the collectibles in a game like Prototype or Crackdown would work better then a text one.

In a game like Alien or Wolfenstein: TNO the collectibles are in linear order and need to be collected at certain times or you lose the opportunity, in that case they should be written into the text alongside the regular story walkthrough
Dang3R Gaming
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 19 January 19 at 20:23
Vitiated1 said:
IronInfidel47 said:

I think some leniency should be granted there, since it's just free roaming after the story a video is probably easier and more efficient to follow than a text guide. I did the same thing for the open world parts of Wolfenstein 09, and I think videos for the collectibles in a game like Prototype or Crackdown would work better then a text one.

In a game like Alien or Wolfenstein: TNO the collectibles are in linear order and need to be collected at certain times or you lose the opportunity, in that case they should be written into the text alongside the regular story walkthrough
That's fine, but the free-play of the story levels is actually just videos too. That's something where text would be needed alongside as per standards.
Vitiated1
Vitiated1
Posted on 19 January 19 at 22:19
I'll add it into my list in that case
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 30 March 19 at 15:54
I believe AC3 could do with some improvement. The main mission page is very lacking. (Only looked as I needed a reminder when starting the remaster.)
Dang3R Gaming
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 31 March 19 at 13:41
xDaff said:
I believe AC3 could do with some improvement. The main mission page is very lacking. (Only looked as I needed a reminder when starting the remaster.)
Added, videos are great and it does say sync requirements, but yeah definitely needs some text to go with it. Thanks smile
Erutaerc
Erutaerc
Posted on 15 April 19 at 07:39
For the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls walkthrough, what needs improving? Is it just the story and the DLC or does the whole guide need a revamp?
ManicMetalhead
Posted on 30 April 19 at 11:37
Just thought I'd post here and hope people see it.
I want to see this list reduced as much as possible and bring every walkthrough we already have published up to our current standards, as such I'll be trying to focus on these walkthrough rather than new games. Some I can't do (I don't have a Windows phone).

This'll be a long process and hopefully the list won't grow faster than I can clear it!

If I can get a list of the most requested walkthroughs for improvement, I'll start there first.
Does anyone here have a request for what walkthrough I should look at first?
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 30 April 19 at 12:36, Edited on 30 April 19 at 12:37 by Nomstuff
Finish Duke please Manic

Or do Bayonetta
That Guy086
That Guy086
Posted on 30 April 19 at 13:24
Bayonetta
Zwaveldioxide
Zwaveldioxide
Posted on 30 April 19 at 13:28
ManicMetalhead said:
Just thought I'd post here and hope people see it.
I want to see this list reduced as much as possible and bring every walkthrough we already have published up to our current standards, as such I'll be trying to focus on these walkthrough rather than new games. Some I can't do (I don't have a Windows phone).

This'll be a long process and hopefully the list won't grow faster than I can clear it!

If I can get a list of the most requested walkthroughs for improvement, I'll start there first.
Does anyone here have a request for what walkthrough I should look at first?
Please fix Cars. The walkthrough is basically just the order in which you complete the cup races and doesn't say anything about what story races you need to clear to unlock them. It didn't help me one bit with completing the game.
>insert_original_signature.txt
Dang3R Gaming
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 30 April 19 at 14:02
I'm going to keep an eye on this and any highly requested ones I'll add at the top of the OP potentially to try and give them more coverage.
ManicMetalhead
Posted on 30 April 19 at 14:13, Edited on 30 April 19 at 14:21 by ManicMetalhead
Bayonetta and Cars will be added to my list to start. I'll accept basically any.

I've added them to my list, which cane be found right here.

Dang3R Gaming said:
I'm going to keep an eye on this and any highly requested ones I'll add at the top of the OP potentially to try and give them more coverage.
That would be awesome!
TheGillesMuller
Posted on 30 April 19 at 22:57
Although I doubt it would be used much I would love to write a new walkthrough for Grand Slam Tennis 2, the current one's not bad by any means but I know the game inside out, likely more than anyone on TA unless worstgst2player is registered on here so I believe I could write up a much better one that would help anyone get all the available achievements a lot quicker.
Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
HarpCity
HarpCity
Posted on 11 June 19 at 19:25
The Escapists: The Walking Dead Walkthrough has very long, wordy paragraphs.

Furthermore, some parts weren’t very specific on how to actually progress with the story, but I likely struggled with this because it was my first time playing a game from “the escapists” series.

I’d be willing to edit this, along with adding images of collectible locations.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.