Site Wishlist Forum

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Games/Collection - Add a "Not Backwards Compatible" Category

AuthorMessage
Elite1111111111
Posted on 18 April 17 at 15:47
Was trying to search through my games to see which ones I'd have to plug my 360 in to play, and I can't seem to find an easy way to do that other than comparing between the full and BC list.
HyruleBalverine
Posted on 18 April 17 at 19:24
Or even just allow us to add our own custom categories to organize/filter by.
Elite1111111111
Posted on 18 April 17 at 19:50
HyruleBalverine said:
Or even just allow us to add our own custom categories to organize/filter by.
Yeah, that would be nice. As of right now I've just had to put a note for everything that isn't BC. Not the most efficient route since I have some notes for other things but it's all I can do for now.
FFX Brotherhood
Posted on 19 April 17 at 16:58, Edited on 19 April 17 at 17:03 by FFX Brotherhood
In Game collection, click on Filter > Categories > Backwards Compatible

If the game is in your collection, that filter will tell you if it's BC

If it's in your collection but not BC, it won't be on the list.
I do like it when the red stuff comes out.
Elite1111111111
Posted on 19 April 17 at 18:19, Edited on 19 April 17 at 18:22 by Elite1111111111
FFX Brotherhood said:
In Game collection, click on Filter > Categories > Backwards Compatible

If the game is in your collection, that filter will tell you if it's BC

If it's in your collection but not BC, it won't be on the list.
Yes, and I want an easy way to see games that AREN'T BC. Yes if a game isn't BC it won't be listed. But then it's not listed so that doesn't really help me.

The only way I found to do it is to open my Game Collection twice, put the BC filter on one, and then find what games weren't listed by constantly switching between tabs. Then I added a note to every game that wasn't BC.

I don't really plug my 360 in anymore, so I was looking for an easy way to see what games I would NEED to use my 360 for.
FFX Brotherhood
Posted on 19 April 17 at 20:11
So you just want a page of all the games you own that aren't BC, in one place?

Because I imagine looking for one or two games is fairly easy, just search it in the top bar, but I'm assuming you're wanting this because you have (or believe to have) a large selection of games and you want to be able to see those all in one go?

Not attempting to patronise, Just trying to work out for myself what you're asking for because I just use the method I outlined above to determine if I need to use my 360 or not.
Elite1111111111
Posted on 19 April 17 at 22:34, Edited on 19 April 17 at 22:42 by Elite1111111111
FFX Brotherhood said:
So you just want a page of all the games you own that aren't BC, in one place?

Because I imagine looking for one or two games is fairly easy, just search it in the top bar, but I'm assuming you're wanting this because you have (or believe to have) a large selection of games and you want to be able to see those all in one go?

Not attempting to patronise, Just trying to work out for myself what you're asking for because I just use the method I outlined above to determine if I need to use my 360 or not.
Yes, I've had a 360 since it came out, and between that and sales, have quite a few games that aren't BC. I eventually hit a point where my hard drive and download queue was full, so the only way I could remember what games I was buying was to add them to my game collection. I currently have at least 70 games which I can only play on my 360. So it'd be nice to have an easy way to see them all together.

My current setup doesn't allow me to easily have both my 360 and One plugged in, so if I went back to work on 360 achievements, it'd be nice to have an easy way to look at what I can knock out.

Where you go "Do I need to use my 360 to play this", I go "What do I need to plug my 360 in to play."
HyruleBalverine
Posted on 20 April 17 at 05:04
If you don't have your cable plugged into the One, have you tried plugging the 360 into the pass through? That's what I do so that I can keep them plugged into the same TV.
Elite1111111111
Posted on 20 April 17 at 06:55
HyruleBalverine said:
If you don't have your cable plugged into the One, have you tried plugging the 360 into the pass through? That's what I do so that I can keep them plugged into the same TV.
I just don't really have the room to have them both in my desk.
FFX Brotherhood
Posted on 20 April 17 at 21:33
I'm not going to vote on this idea, because there are others I'd rather vote on, but let this comment serve as a +1. I can see why it might be nice to see all the games in one place.
IAteA11ThePies
Posted on 21 April 17 at 01:01
It makes sense to me, and would also be a useful site function. Be that for someone like Elite1111111111 who doesn't have the space for both systems to be setup, or someone who wants to prioritise completing the non-BC 360 games to leave that console behind.

If each 360 game has in the data on the db a value to say that they are BC, then it oughtn't be too much work to generate a filter to display only games lacking this positive data - ie non-BC games.
ClassicKiriyama
Posted on 21 April 17 at 07:46
I routinely run through and do an export of both "All incomplete 360 games I own" and "All incomplete 360 BC games I own" and do a spreadsheet to show the difference. It's ugly. It keeps changing as either I complete a game, or a game goes BC (hence repeating it every couple of months) - I have a similar thing regarding setup - I *had* to buy an xbox one so that the 360 could be put in my stepson's room so he could play goat simulator without it being on the main TV for hours on end - but this means my 360 time is limited, and I'd like to maximise efficient use.
Elite1111111111
Posted on 26 April 17 at 12:58
ClassicKiriyama said:
I routinely run through and do an export of both "All incomplete 360 games I own" and "All incomplete 360 BC games I own" and do a spreadsheet to show the difference. It's ugly. It keeps changing as either I complete a game, or a game goes BC (hence repeating it every couple of months) - I have a similar thing regarding setup - I *had* to buy an xbox one so that the 360 could be put in my stepson's room so he could play goat simulator without it being on the main TV for hours on end - but this means my 360 time is limited, and I'd like to maximise efficient use.
Yeah we certainly don't have the cleanest method to try to find what's what.
Ripley LV426
Ripley LV426
Posted on 02 May 17 at 23:40
+1

A while back, I did a similar comparison (incomplete 360 games vs BC) then manually added 170+ non-BC games to my boost list. As games become BC, I remove them from the list. It does help that I don't currently use it for anything boosting related. wink

A non-BC filter in the games collection would be great, especially to easily view current ownership status.
mrbellek
mrbellek
Posted on 12 May 17 at 13:29
+1

I'd like this too. Glad I'm not the only one.

Can we get it in both the 'My games' page and the 'My game collection' page?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.