Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Insiders Update Rolling Out, Includes Arenas, Party Overlays and More

AuthorMessage
Swan
Swan
Posted on 19 April 17 at 14:14
Apollyon VII said:
And where's that custom gamerpic option? cry
Custom gamerpics are already out for Alpha ring preview members ;P

Can't wait to see what the community does with the Arena features.
is that Hydro
is that Hydro
Posted on 19 April 17 at 15:24
What a sweeeeet freakin update. I always had to open the party to figure out whos talking and to familiarize myself with peoples voices so I dont have to keep gong back. The arenas is probably gonna be pretty cool for a lot of people, but I dont see myself as a competitive gamer.
A simple bad habit will mar an otherwise flawless character, as a single ink drop soils the pure white page.
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 19 April 17 at 19:17
Party overlay will help with boosting sessions and putting a name to that voice.
Our Afflictions
Posted on 20 April 17 at 04:32
Still looking for an insider invite cry
Zaro Karos
Zaro Karos
Posted on 20 April 17 at 07:02
CalculatdRisque said:
Anima Pura said:
XBL is easily in its best state since 2006 right now with all the updates and additions to it. I'm really impressed.
Speak for yourself, I couldn't care less about all the updates, don't like all the changes which makes things worse and affects stability. The people behind all the changes seem to be doing a job that doesn't need doing, and they seem to also lack common sense
That's why we have an insider program. I think the majority of players really enjoy what Microsoft is doing.
SantaUndercover
Posted on 20 April 17 at 08:30
LLboxed said:
New Paralyzer said:
Except Official Spotify like PS4 lol
OMG this so much. clap
& Soundcloud :O

But with Groove being around, I don't think it will happen (soon)
Zaro Karos
Zaro Karos
Posted on 20 April 17 at 08:58
I can not download any apps since the last xbox insider update, I contacted the help team and they tried to help but after a few hours of troubleshooting they just told me that the insider program has some bugs and they are trying their best at ironing them out.
BLAZE VII
BLAZE VII
Posted on 20 April 17 at 12:33
Great thing with the party overlay thingy...then again you could ask yourself why didn't they come up with all the junk THREE YEARS AGO huh... roll

Nowadays my time and gameplay gets freaking interrupted by such BS update...

Yea 3 years too late...
"A person's life is not defined by age, but by the choices they make." - Sheva Alomar (Resident Evil 5)
Stu The Monkey
Posted on 20 April 17 at 14:41
i'm still waiting for the overlay to allow us to watch TV while playing again.
damoklis
damoklis
Posted on 20 April 17 at 16:06
all these "awesome"new features; but still no simple little things like an option for switching off the roostersucking system sounds; sitch off notification sounds...really why is this so hard for these microsoft idiots?
Zaro Karos
Zaro Karos
Posted on 20 April 17 at 16:54
damoklis said:
all these "awesome"new features; but still no simple little things like an option for switching off the roostersucking system sounds; sitch off notification sounds...really why is this so hard for these microsoft idiots?
Roostetsucking system sounds? If you're talking about the Xbox One chime on/off sounds go to Settings > Power mode & startup > Startup chime. If that's not what you're referring to you need to be more specific.
Elite1111111111
Posted on 20 April 17 at 19:03
Dresden N7 said:
Party overlay will help with boosting sessions and putting a name to that voice.
Yeah, putting a name to a voice is the most annoying part of parties currently, unless you know the people pretty well.
Our Afflictions
Posted on 21 April 17 at 05:15
damoklis said:
Irony
damoklis
damoklis
Posted on 21 April 17 at 13:50
Zaro Karos said:
damoklis said:
Roostetsucking system sounds? If you're talking about the Xbox One chime on/off sounds go to Settings > Power mode & startup > Startup chime. If that's not what you're referring to you need to be more specific.
no not the startup sound; i mean every sound that comes out of the xbox when navigating menus, when a notification or achievement popup occurs etc. ...for people that dont want to hear every swoosh or click thru their 500watt system all the time...a simple option to switch it off and make the xbox more silent.
every console since the sega saturn has had this option xcept the xbx1
so yeah it appears the "engineers" at microsoft suck rooster by choice...
BLAZE VII
BLAZE VII
Posted on 21 April 17 at 14:20
Yup as I said some BS update that causes nothing but annoying trouble:

- screenshots and video captures are not showing up your feed and friend's feed, only shows the main thumbnail of the game
- Showcase in your feed is gone again and the actual showcase item now shows up in your feed like a regular activity with the broke azz main game thumbnail even when you enlarge it.

That's some major BS I tell you, erases the point of taking screenshots and recording videos.

Updates has been a cancer ever since...
"A person's life is not defined by age, but by the choices they make." - Sheva Alomar (Resident Evil 5)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.