Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Syberia 3 Achievement List Revealed

AuthorMessage
TrueAchievement
Posted on 20 April 17 at 00:04
40 achievements for 1,000 Gamerscore

Please click here to read the story: Syberia 3 Achievement List Revealed
Born Knight 74
Posted on 20 April 17 at 01:24, Edited on 20 April 17 at 01:24 by Born Knight 74
It would be very nice if with the game (even if as a paid DLC) came the other 2 previous games of the series.
Achilles8249
Achilles8249
Posted on 20 April 17 at 02:56
Why not just buy them?
bLaKgRaVy
bLaKgRaVy
Posted on 20 April 17 at 05:37
Born Knight 74 said:
It would be very nice if with the game (even if as a paid DLC) came the other 2 previous games of the series.
Yeah, and it would be nice if the next Battlefield or Call of Duty came with all the previous games too... roll
NoHeroes94
NoHeroes94
Posted on 20 April 17 at 06:06
bLaKgRaVy said:
Born Knight 74 said:
Yeah, and it would be nice if the next Battlefield or Call of Duty came with all the previous games too... roll
Not the same. I agree with Born Knight 74.

Syberia series only has 2 entires before this, they released in 2002-04 and likely people won't have played them unless they are in their late 20's or 30's. Battlefield and COD have tons of entries and are commercially famous, as well as easily purchasable and all have campaigns not related to each other; they are self contained. If I'm not mistaken Syberia has an overarching narrative. Think that a release of the the other 2 would be a great idea, doubt it will happen due to the size of the studio.
Wizowes
Wizowes
Posted on 20 April 17 at 06:14
NoHeroes94 said:
bLaKgRaVy said:
Born Knight 74 said:

Syberia series only has 2 entires before this, they released in 2002-04 and likely people won't have played them unless they are in their late 20's or 30's. Battlefield and COD have tons of entries and are commercially famous, as well as easily purchasable and all have campaigns not related to each other; they are self contained. If I'm not mistaken Syberia has an overarching narrative. Think that a release of the the other 2 would be a great idea, doubt it will happen due to the size of the studio.
I have recently finished the PS3 versions of 1 + 2. To prepare for the release of 3! It was unfortunate the 360 didn't see a physical release of the first 2. It's the only reason I played them on PS3.
I was hoping for updated Xbone/PS4 versions before the release of 3 though...
NoHeroes94
NoHeroes94
Posted on 20 April 17 at 07:23, Edited on 20 April 17 at 09:12 by NoHeroes94
Wizowes said:
NoHeroes94 said:
bLaKgRaVy said:
Born Knight 74 said:

I have recently finished the PS3 versions of 1 + 2. To prepare for the release of 3! It was unfortunate the 360 didn't see a physical release of the first 2. It's the only reason I played them on PS3.
I was hoping for updated Xbone/PS4 versions before the release of 3 though...
Yeh i know. Wouldn't neccesarily have to be physical, maybe like what Halo Wars 2 did with the DE edition upon preorder or something as a Backwards Compatible if it isn't already?
VirusTk GaMBit
Posted on 20 April 17 at 07:45
Isn't the first game backwards compatible? I am pretty sure I am having it in my "ready to install" section. I don't know if the same goes for the second game, though.
NoHeroes94
NoHeroes94
Posted on 20 April 17 at 09:12, Edited on 20 April 17 at 12:50 by NoHeroes94
VirusTk GaMBit said:
Isn't the first game backwards compatible? I am pretty sure I am having it in my "ready to install" section. I don't know if the same goes for the second game, though.
quite possibly is, just think a remaster or making it BC if it isnt BC would be cool for rookies like me
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 20 April 17 at 14:48
Great! It looks like there is no pesky Old School achievement like the first two games in the series.
bLaKgRaVy
bLaKgRaVy
Posted on 20 April 17 at 16:34, Edited on 20 April 17 at 16:36 by bLaKgRaVy
NoHeroes94 said:
bLaKgRaVy said:
Born Knight 74 said:

I just used those two games as examples since there were previous games in the series. But for sake of argument, there is a continuance in the narrative... Modern Warfare... Black Ops...

If you see Syberia 3 and if you're curious enough, you're going to seek out information on the first two. Why would it matter what age you are or when the two previous games were released? Just because Doom 3 BFG included Doom 1 and 2 or Quantum Break included Alan Wake (just examples; don't bite my head off), Microids is under no obligation to include the two previous games and they shouldn't be expected to. Why would they? And with a smaller publisher like Microids (and by smaller, I'm comparing them to Ubisoft, Bethesda, EA and Activision), why would they intentionally lose money if the two previous games are still available? Should all publishers include previous games with newer games just because the newer game continues the story? The answer is no.

For Artifex Mundi games, if you by Nightmares from the Deep 2, should you automatically get Nightmares from the Deep 1 at no additional charge since it's a continuation of the story? It doesn't matter when the previous games were released or if they are digital or retail. If that was the case, why would anyone buy a game that was first in the series when they could get it for free for buying the second (or third)? Think about it. Developers and publishers are in the business to make money, not give away something.

And why should they offer the two previous games as paid DLC like Born Knight 74 suggests? Here's a price for ya, $9.99 each.

Suck it up and spend some money ya cheap bastiches. Support small developers and publishers.
The Noto
The Noto
Posted on 20 April 17 at 20:14
bLaKgRaVy said:
Suck it up and spend some money ya cheap bastiches. Support small developers and publishers.
laughlaughlaugh

So true.

Syberia 1 & 2 are available on Xbox 360. I already own them and I don't need them as DLC. (In fact, I bought them both physically for the OG Xbox)

I wouldn't mind part 2 becoming back-compat though.
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 21 April 17 at 13:34
bLaKgRaVy said:
NoHeroes94 said:
bLaKgRaVy said:
Born Knight 74 said:

I just used those two games as examples since there were previous games in the series. But for sake of argument, there is a continuance in the narrative... Modern Warfare... Black Ops...

If you see Syberia 3 and if you're curious enough, you're going to seek out information on the first two. Why would it matter what age you are or when the two previous games were released? Just because Doom 3 BFG included Doom 1 and 2 or Quantum Break included Alan Wake (just examples; don't bite my head off), Microids is under no obligation to include the two previous games and they shouldn't be expected to. Why would they? And with a smaller publisher like Microids (and by smaller, I'm comparing them to Ubisoft, Bethesda, EA and Activision), why would they intentionally lose money if the two previous games are still available? Should all publishers include previous games with newer games just because the newer game continues the story? The answer is no.

For Artifex Mundi games, if you by Nightmares from the Deep 2, should you automatically get Nightmares from the Deep 1 at no additional charge since it's a continuation of the story? It doesn't matter when the previous games were released or if they are digital or retail. If that was the case, why would anyone buy a game that was first in the series when they could get it for free for buying the second (or third)? Think about it. Developers and publishers are in the business to make money, not give away something.

And why should they offer the two previous games as paid DLC like Born Knight 74 suggests? Here's a price for ya, $9.99 each.

Stop being a fool and don't pretend you understand marketing, becyou don't. When you throw early adopters a bonus, they're more inclined to buy it on release/preorder. No bonus and the same version that's full price will be identical to the version I can get 75% off on black Friday? That's how it's going to be for myself since there's nothing that enticing.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into http://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.