Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Contra and More Now Backward Compatible

• LockAndLukeLockAndLuke407,454
    Posted on 21 April 17 at 12:38, Edited on 21 April 17 at 12:38 by LockAndLuke
    "Finally!"
    - Every Xbox Live user ever.

Jokes aside, none for me, but the more the better.
    If it works, it isn't stupid.
  • Posted on 21 April 17 at 13:16
    Swinny Costello said:
    Really happy about Gin Rummy. Very good interface.

Now bring on Divinity 2 and Venetica!
    I really enjoyed Venetica! Not many people have played it.
  • Posted on 21 April 17 at 13:17
    I had Golf: Tee It Up on 360 but it doesn't show up on my ready to install list... had same issue with Bully earlier... when clicked to get Tee it up from the store anyway but it wont play...anyone else had similar problem?
    Ivor
  • I ASK NO ONEI ASK NO ONE688,370
    Posted on 21 April 17 at 13:47
    RoboBlitz is one of the best arcade titles. It is only worth 200gs, but is a really fun game and challenging. I enjoyed that completion.
    I ASK NO ONE
  • LickMyPlateLickMyPlate341,821
    Posted on 21 April 17 at 16:54
    gin rummy and golf tee it up don't show up for me either. i asked xbox support on twitter and they told me to call xbox to find out why
  • Posted on 21 April 17 at 20:59
    Brandon Xtreme said:
    MavericK XVII said:
    Anybody else having any issues running Golf: Tee It Up? I own the game but it wasn't showing in my ready to install list, went through to purchase again which confirmed I owned it, and then starting installing, once installed it won't let me play, keeps asking if I own the game and to insert disc?
    How did u get Golf to download? when I search it in the store and click it it says buy now for $4.99

Same thing with Gin Rummy, and I know I own them both and confirm on xbox.com is says "already purchased".
    I clicked through on the dashboard to purchase like normal and it then said I already own the game and starting downloading.

Still can't get it to play though keeps saying there is an error
  • Posted on 21 April 17 at 21:00
    ivorjenkins said:
    I had Golf: Tee It Up on 360 but it doesn't show up on my ready to install list... had same issue with Bully earlier... when clicked to get Tee it up from the store anyway but it wont play...anyone else had similar problem?
    Same problem here as posted earlier, I managed to download the game but then says I don't own it, but today it just has an error rather than say I don't own it, quite annoying
  • LickMyPlateLickMyPlate341,821
    Posted on 21 April 17 at 23:49
    MavericK XVII said:
    ivorjenkins said:
    Same problem here as posted earlier, I managed to download the game but then says I don't own it, but today it just has an error rather than say I don't own it, quite annoying
    what error do you get now
  • LiquidSodasLiquidSodas255,607
    Posted on 22 April 17 at 01:10
    I forgot I bought this five years ago.....love Contra. I want Meteos Wars and Space Invaders Extreme next.
    I'm thinking of just getting a used 360 because I'm impatient for bw compatibility.
  • neosaladneosalad353,963
    Posted on 22 April 17 at 04:11
    ivorjenkins said:
    Same issue here... Live.xbox.com confirms I own it too and the dlc.. But on Xbox One it still doesn't . Searched on the xb1 store and it wants e to buy it for £3.39.. Something's
    defo not right. Hope they sort it. Was great over live. show
  • Posted on 22 April 17 at 05:14
    Can we get Max Payne 3 already?
    A.D.
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE558,393
    Posted on 22 April 17 at 07:20
    Paybe I'll finally have the courage to complete Gin Rummy
  • Posted on 22 April 17 at 11:59
    Hell yeah Contra, Been playing that for about 25 years now still not sick of it.
    Adam West was clearly the strongest Batman. Only he could punch villains so hard that words appear
  • Posted on 22 April 17 at 14:57
    Is anybody able to get Golf Tee It Up to launch? I still can't and even messaging xbox support on twitter and they are just telling me to follow the guides on the support page for the do you own this game error, telling me to ensure I have the disc in when it's never been available on disc! It wouldn't let me install it otherwise

It's quite frustrating
  • ShinUkyoShinUkyo181,322
    Posted on 22 April 17 at 23:53
    Low demand or not, always happy to see new games added. Also, as with every article about BC titles, I own at least one of them. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, haha!

ToXiC is SiK said:
    When is castlevania HD?
    Every time they announce new games, or I see my available games list grow on my XB1, that is the first game I check for. I'm praying we eventually get our wish. It's easily my most-wanted title of the ones not yet added to the service. So much fun, and so many folks would hop back on and play if it became BC. My other two most-wanted titles right now are Dungeon Defenders and EDF: Insect Armageddon. And then some fighting games, of course. All games that have enduring multiplayer (and thereby serve the best being on BC.)
  • ShokuPanMikeShokuPanMike176,304
    Posted on 23 April 17 at 02:25
    Still keeping fingers crossed for 'Split/Second'...
    Less work, more play!
  • Posted on 23 April 17 at 18:11
    I still cannot get Golf Tee It Up or Gin Rummy to show up in my ready to install. Has anyone tried xbox.com chat support?
  • TVippyTVippy29,536
    Posted on 30 April 17 at 11:46
    xMidget Furyx said:
    TVippy said:
    The arcade version had the Konami code? Why???
    To give you 30 lives. And no achievements
    I mean in the arcades, did they have the code? If so, why? So one person could easily beat the game?
    I don't play games very often. :( If you have a close GamerScore, add me! We'll compete. :)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.