Windows Phone Forum

Forum for general Windows Phone discussion, from the gaming to everyday use

Can't refresh (profile not updating)

AuthorMessage
TrapMuzik99
TrapMuzik99
Posted on 21 April 17 at 22:43
I got my last achievement in Sudoku (WP) and I saw it wasn't showing up on TA after I scanned. I went to check my phone and when I go into the game it says I have 8/8 for 50G but when I go back to the games page it shows my profile with the gamerscore that I had when I last played my windows phone, which is like 800 G less. When I go to press refresh, it just says, "Can't refresh, there's a problem with the xbox service or your connection. Try again later"

What can I do to update my profile on there so my achievement shows up on TA, Win 10 App, etc. and so my profile is updated on my WP?

It is a Lumia running Windows 8.1 if that matters.
1st person in the world to unlock every single Grand Theft Auto achievement in existence! (8250/8250 Gamerscore)
Mike Pitch
Mike Pitch
Posted on 21 April 17 at 23:06, Edited on 21 April 17 at 23:08 by Mike Pitch
Just came here to see if anyone else was having this problem. I popped a few Fruit Ninja achievements on my phone and they are showing in game but not on the games page. Also can't connect to Xbox Live in Sims Free Play. Gonna stop playing WP until I see my other stuff update. Don't want a repeat of the February 2015 WP sync issue.
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 21 April 17 at 23:24
There's a a big issue with the wp8 service at the moment. I would hold off popping any more.
Proscaline
Proscaline
Posted on 21 April 17 at 23:39
WP10 is also affected. Hope it gets fixed.
Mike Pitch
Mike Pitch
Posted on 21 April 17 at 23:54
Hope they don't get stuck like the February incident. Though oddly enough I loaded up one of the games affected by that recently on a whim and the stuck achievements unlocked right away.
TrapMuzik99
TrapMuzik99
Posted on 22 April 17 at 00:20
My phone's games page updated to the right GS but not with the one that I got from sudoku wp added to it. So yeah going to hold of doing any windows phone stuff for now.
1st person in the world to unlock every single Grand Theft Auto achievement in existence! (8250/8250 Gamerscore)
Bahaumaut
Bahaumaut
Posted on 22 April 17 at 00:34
Better not be a redo of the issue a few years ago. Had to uninstall and reinstall (AND REDO) several phone games because of Microsoft's F***ups. And all we got were "Oh, tell us all about it so we can put it in the tracker. But we're not actually going to do anything for you" F***ing bullshit right there.

And now this happened with Monster Go, which is extremely bad because of the shitty devs there screwing over players with an update (halve income, double prices). Finally beat level 5 and got YOLO, a hard enough achievement as it is while grinding for coins to do so.

Better be fixed, or better be compensated.
Ham Salad
Ham Salad
Posted on 22 April 17 at 15:44
The "can't refresh" problem started for me on Wednesday, but oddly enough the achievements I unlocked still synced to my profile.

The "can't refresh" issue stopped last night, but now achievements aren't syncing. I've unlocked three in KooZac that aren't showing. Reinstalling the game still shows them unlocked, too.
Sliktor
Sliktor
Posted on 22 April 17 at 16:57
Lord, I hope this gets resolved. Haven't had any issues previously but the final achievement for Asphalt Overdrive never synced.
Mike Pitch
Mike Pitch
Posted on 22 April 17 at 16:58
Has there been anything on the Xbox forums about this? I'm on vacation and can't navigate the forums well on WP... Ironically.
Proscaline
Proscaline
Posted on 22 April 17 at 18:03, Edited on 22 April 17 at 18:13 by Proscaline
Screw it. Won't speed things but I made a post.

https://forums.xbox.com/en-US/thread/cf38f334-4b62-4650-81a6...
Mike Pitch
Mike Pitch
Posted on 22 April 17 at 18:26
Thanks for doing that! I upvoted it, hopefully it will get some visibility.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 22 April 17 at 20:13
https://forums.xbox.com/en-us/thread/7ce62746-5749-49b9-adac...

Made one around the same time. If you want to combine, mine already has a few posts and references the February 2015 issue.

Everyone take the time to post your phone model, OS, what was impacted, and the time/date reflected in either (or both) of these threads. The more posts and information, the more likely it becomes visible and gets traction.

Also, based on the last outage, don't unlock anything new on WP. You will have to possibly factory reset or use another device to recover the achievement, and if it's server or cloud based you may become permanently locked out.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 22 April 17 at 21:38, Edited on 22 April 17 at 21:38 by Shadow Kisuragi
Update:
MS Support confirmed that there are issues for both Windows Phone and Windows PC that they have assigned an engineer to. The Support Engineer claims that the issue occurred after the Creators Update rollout, which was scheduled for this weekend for Mobile.

I've been asked to check again after 24 hours, but I feel that was a canned response on her part unfortunately as their engineers don't tend to work weekends from my experience. However, I have a case number to reference now internally. If anyone encounters the issue after 24 hours, please let me know and I'll follow back up.
Mike Pitch
Mike Pitch
Posted on 23 April 17 at 00:03
Well I guess I'll keep grinding away at games I know I wont pop anything until someone confirms Phone/Windows achievements are sticking.
Salsbar
Salsbar
Posted on 23 April 17 at 00:55
Same problem here in Max and the Magic Marker...
PlinioPP
PlinioPP
Posted on 23 April 17 at 07:11
Same happened to me with 1 achievement unlocked for Sudoku (WP) and another 3 achievements for Angry Birds Rio that i unlocked today and don't sync on my gamertag.
Strategy One
Strategy One
Posted on 23 April 17 at 15:14
This is bullshit, 4 achievements. 3 on Plants Vs. Zombies (WP) and 1 on Age of Empires (WP) which was 2000+ crowns won angry
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 23 April 17 at 15:21
shock Don't even know if you can get the AoE one back if it doesn't sync.
UnveiledArk
UnveiledArk
Posted on 23 April 17 at 16:15
this shouldn't keep happening.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.