Windows Phone

Forum for general Windows Phone discussion, from the gaming to everyday use

Can't refresh (profile not updating)

• Posted on 23 February 20 at 08:56, Edited on 23 February 20 at 09:19 by UnfurledEmu75Permalink
    I went to "My games", on the left tab, it loaded my games, dont know why there werent many of them at start (and I'm still missing more). Then I saw my xbox one started flashing and saw my gamerscore added. If it doesnt work keep navigating on the app, I checked many things but I remember they popped when I entered "my games".

DeathDealingCat said:
    Okay well the install worked great and I didn't need to use the Interop Tools mentioned on the download page.
    Yeah I didnt install interop tools, what I needed to install was Windows device recovery tool, that has me frightened, but the phone did not erased any data. Furthermore, I have many photos I deleted some time ago...

Edit: Didn't read that before.DeathDealingCat said:
    EDIT: I quickly played a previously unplayed level of Angry Birds and then checked the leaderboards and all my recently unlocked achievements synced! Thank you!! toast
    Great! glad it worked for you smile
  • Zorb ZexZorb Zex480,076
    Posted on 23 February 20 at 14:18Permalink
    Has anyone done the upgrade on a phone that wasn't officially supported by Microsoft to upgrade to Win 10? I have a Lumia 520, which wasn't officially supported. The last thing I want to do is brick it.
    ¯\_(?)_/¯
  • Posted on 23 February 20 at 16:02Permalink
    Zorb Zex said:
    Has anyone done the upgrade on a phone that wasn't officially supported by Microsoft to upgrade to Win 10? I have a Lumia 520, which wasn't officially supported. The last thing I want to do is brick it.
    The site that Emu and I both used says 520 can be upgraded despite being non-supported. However, it's obviously a proceed-at-your-own-risk type of thing. I was worried about my Lumia 635 since the official "over the cable" updater tool from Microsoft wouldn't update my phone, but the process was smooth for me using the site Emu posted. Good luck!
  • Posted on 23 February 20 at 16:19Permalink
    DeathDealingCat said:
    Zorb Zex said:
    The site that Emu and I both used says 520 can be upgraded despite being non-supported. However, it's obviously a proceed-at-your-own-risk type of thing. I was worried about my Lumia 635 since the official "over the cable" updater tool from Microsoft wouldn't update my phone, but the process was smooth for me using the site Emu posted. Good luck!
    Seems that the over-the-cable updater no longer works. I have a 1520 that is officially suported, and I was getting the error "There are multiple root elements. line 2 position 2" all the time. Even on that page said it wasnt reccomended to use that method. Luckly it went all good for us but noone can guarantee it will work for everyone...
  • Zorb ZexZorb Zex480,076
    Posted on 23 February 20 at 17:21Permalink
    Went ahead and did the update. Everything synced correctly! Thanks so much for posting that link!
    ¯\_(?)_/¯
  • AlehldeanAlehldean219,738
    Posted on 26 February 20 at 14:00Permalink
    Just unlocked one of my last achievements in Final Fantasy III yesterday.
    Final Fantasy III (WP)Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Final Fantasy III (WP) worth 43 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

It popped in game and the game itself says I have it but it won't sync and no other site/system thinks I have it. I was trying to get this game done before something like this happened as I've been worried that achievements would stop being supported on my phone before I was done. Completing the Final Fantasy series is one of my main gaming goals and if this keeps me from doing it I'm going to be quite upset.
    It's a Nokia Lumia 900 running Windows Phone 7.8 so there's no upgrading to WP10 for me. I also don't have a SIM card in this phone, I've just been using the Wi-Fi.
    The Xbox app on the phone says that it can't connect to Xbox Live but it updated my gamer score instantly when I earned an achievement on a different system to test it. And then promptly proceeded to add an additional 15GS from somewhere. Which is how much that achievement is worth. But I can't look at my achievements to verify since it can't connect to Xbox Live.

Is this just an Xbox Live issue and I need to wait it out? Will continuing the game and unlocking more achievements permanently screw up those achievements for me or will they be fine if this ever gets fixed?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated as this has me very worried that I'm not going to be able to complete this game, and therefore the series.
  • Posted on 26 February 20 at 14:33Permalink
    Alehldean said:
    Just unlocked one of my last achievements in Final Fantasy III yesterday.
    Final Fantasy III (WP)Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Final Fantasy III (WP) worth 43 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

It popped in game and the game itself says I have it but it won't sync and no other site/system thinks I have it. I was trying to get this game done before something like this happened as I've been worried that achievements would stop being supported on my phone before I was done. Completing the Final Fantasy series is one of my main gaming goals and if this keeps me from doing it I'm going to be quite upset.
    It's a Nokia Lumia 900 running Windows Phone 7.8 so there's no upgrading to WP10 for me. I also don't have a SIM card in this phone, I've just been using the Wi-Fi.
    The Xbox app on the phone says that it can't connect to Xbox Live but it updated my gamer score instantly when I earned an achievement on a different system to test it. And then promptly proceeded to add an additional 15GS from somewhere. Which is how much that achievement is worth. But I can't look at my achievements to verify since it can't connect to Xbox Live.

Is this just an Xbox Live issue and I need to wait it out? Will continuing the game and unlocking more achievements permanently screw up those achievements for me or will they be fine if this ever gets fixed?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated as this has me very worried that I'm not going to be able to complete this game, and therefore the series.
    The same was happening to me, I was able to to "sync in" the gamerscore but not "sync out".
    Well, you have two options:

The first waiting to windows phone service get working again (if that ever happens). Pretty sure you won't like this option.

The second option, if you are really really REALLY decided, is buying a new windows phone with windows 10, download the game (because it's still available) and complete it as soon as posible. You will have to start the game from scratch and prey that windows 10 services wont go down as wp8 while you play but... at least you would have the chance.
    Posted on 26 February 20 at 14:48Permalink
    UnfurledEmu75 said:
    The same was happening to me, I was able to to "sync in" the gamerscore but not "sync out".
    Well, you have two options:

The first waiting to windows phone service get working again (if that ever happens). Pretty sure you won't like this option.

The second option, if you are really really REALLY decided, is buying a new windows phone with windows 10, download the game (because it's still available) and complete it as soon as posible. You will have to start the game from scratch and prey that windows 10 services wont go down as wp8 while you play but... at least you would have the chance.
    I was worried it would be something like this. It looks like I'll give it a couple of days to see if it fixes itself then see if I can find a cheap WP10 phone.

Thanks for the help.
  • Posted on 26 February 20 at 20:18Permalink
    If you're able to unlock your device, I can provide steps on how to export and import your save data. I was able to find out how to do this somewhat recently, but I don't remember where I put my notes for it right now. I'll have to ask the Investigations Manager and Moderation team to see if I can provide the information in public.
    Posted on 26 February 20 at 21:56Permalink
    Shadow Kisuragi said:
    If you're able to unlock your device, I can provide steps on how to export and import your save data. I was able to find out how to do this somewhat recently, but I don't remember where I put my notes for it right now. I'll have to ask the Investigations Manager and Moderation team to see if I can provide the information in public.
    Unfortunately, I can't find anything good regarding rooting my Lumia. Every time I seem to find something promising it turns out that my 900 isn't supported. I'll keep looking because I really do NOT want to start this game all over.
  • Zeta SighZeta Sigh426,226
    Posted on 13 April 20 at 11:48Permalink
    I can't even load the store on my device (HTC 8X OS: 8.1) is that a normal thing anyone else is experiencing?
  • Posted on 13 April 20 at 12:47Permalink
    Yes, the Windows Store was shut down for 8.1 devices in December.
    Posted on 13 April 20 at 14:53Permalink
    Shadow Kisuragi said:
    Yes, the Windows Store was shut down for 8.1 devices in December.
    Thanks, and that's why i cant sign into XBL/Sync achievements, right? Or is this another issue?

P.S. Thanks for all the work you're putting in vis a vis WP achievements
  • Posted on 13 April 20 at 16:50Permalink
    Separate issue with syncing achievements.
    Posted on 13 April 20 at 17:10, Edited on 13 April 20 at 17:16 by Zeta SighPermalink
    Shadow Kisuragi said:
    Separate issue with syncing achievements.
    If i can't sign in to XBL on my device am I at a lost cause?

I click the "Sign into Xbox live" part on the Games app and it takes me to a broken link on xbox.com
  • Solar KaosSolar Kaos462,130
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 02:12Permalink
    Same here, unable to login on a Lumia 635
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.