The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: April 25th, 2017

• F3AR AvengerF3AR Avenger1,021,177
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 00:44
    Nothing for me this week ....
  • Posted on 25 April 17 at 00:58
    Pretty good prices on the Forza Double Pack! But the MUA re-releases will need to be discounted further before I double dip.
  • PrisPris2,185,140
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 01:01
    I do want Axiom Verge but I can wait for a deeper discount whilst I chip away at my backlog
  • Posted on 25 April 17 at 01:07
    I haven't played Ultimate Alliance 2 yet. And really enjoyed the first one. Is the second one worth it?
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo328,125
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 01:13
    Nothing for me, thank god.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • Posted on 25 April 17 at 01:23
    Axiom Verge is worth every penny at that price point.
    Ask me about my rock collection.
  • Posted on 25 April 17 at 01:37
    I'll admit to being tempted by Fall of Cybertron (enjoyed it on the 360, would probably enjoy it again on the One), but I wish it was $20 or $25 instead.
    This is a signature. It has words in it.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 April 17 at 01:46
    KillingJammer said:
    I haven't played Ultimate Alliance 2 yet. And really enjoyed the first one. Is the second one worth it?
    The second one is definitely an inferior game, but it's still okay on its own merits. If the first was a 9/10 game, the sequel is easily a 7/10; not bad, but a noticeable step down. Ironically, I found that the sequel has aged a bit better, but that's just me.

The X1 ports on the other hand are overpriced drivel and should be avoided at all costs.
  • Tendoman77Tendoman775,446,002
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 01:49
    Doominatorx6 said:
    KillingJammer said:
    The second one is definitely an inferior game, but it's still okay on its own merits. If the first was a 9/10 game, the sequel is easily a 7/10; not bad, but a noticeable step down. Ironically, I found that the sequel has aged a bit better, but that's just me.

The X1 ports on the other hand are overpriced drivel and should be avoided at all costs.
    Agreed, never understood why the ports are so god damn expensive for quite old games at this point now. Gonna wait till they are way under £10 for sure no matter how long it takes, not like they are priority anyway.
  • SpongebuuSpongebuu1,063,090
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 01:54
    Pris said:
    I do want Axiom Verge but I can wait for a deeper discount whilst I chip away at my backlog
    hf waiting, devs said some time ago 50% off is as low as they go.
  • Posted on 25 April 17 at 01:56
    €52.50 is the sale price for a base game that didn't sell particularly well or get rave reviews. What a joke the gaming industry has become.
    One does not simply stop playing xbox
  • Goggs25Goggs252,044,925
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 02:03
    Dex for me
    Goggs25
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf671,264
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 02:16
    not sure which is colder, this sale, or the foot of snow in my backyard on April 24th.
  • ScrapcanScrapcan1,599,721
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 02:20
    Nothing for me this week.. Which is a relief, my backlog is already long as it is lol.
    Soon I will shed this skin, turn to the devil, then I'll never reminisce.
  • Posted on 25 April 17 at 02:50
    I'm going to be honest. I want the Marvel Ultimate Alliance's. But I wouldn't even do it when the spring sale had them for $30 for both of them. They look basically the same, not updated from the originals. If they have been updated, it hasn't been enough. And I think I'd do $20-25 for them both. But $20 for each is not for me.
  • TearsOfAClown9TearsOfAClown91,334,672
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 02:55
    Nope. Nothing for me this week. Oh well. Good for my wallet. Lol
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,402,350
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 03:05
    YaIrishMick96 said:
    €52.50 is the sale price for a base game that didn't sell particularly well or get rave reviews. What a joke the gaming industry has become.
    Didnt sell particularly well? It have topped most of the big salescharts, and still is..

I do agree about the price though..i dont understand why anyone would buy digital content in euro, instead of $
  • Lost LegendsLost Legends1,860,455
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 04:08
    I'd like to pick up fall of cybertrom, but it's still way too expensive for something I could probably get for $5 on disc on 360.
  • Pedle ZelnipPedle Zelnip1,029,803
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 04:25, Edited on 25 April 17 at 04:26 by Pedle Zelnip
    MysteriousViper said:
    I'm going to be honest. I want the Marvel Ultimate Alliance's. But I wouldn't even do it when the spring sale had them for $30 for both of them. They look basically the same, not updated from the originals. If they have been updated, it hasn't been enough. And I think I'd do $20-25 for them both. But $20 for each is not for me.
    I'd do $30 for both (which apparently I missed during the spring sale?), but yeah, not more than that.

Is there a reason why the ratios are so insanely high on the Marvel UA games? I don't remember them being particularly difficult on the 360, are the versions on the One harder or is it a case of artificially high ratios?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads