Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

User option to allow My Games "exclude completed" filter to ignore unobtainables

• ArtieArtie470,667
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 06:22
    This is a very limited scope enhancement request I hope could be consider if there's a chance it could be implemented with little impact to development... As well as the fact it can be done while respecting all the diverse opinions as to the importance of maintain statistical integrity when it comes to issue of unobtainables and game completion counts/percentages. (As well as not rewarding crappy developers who refuse to fix their defects.)

Background for request.
    One of Top 5 features I personally use on TA is the "My Games" page. Specifically from time to time looking for a game to return to that I may have forgotten and have a few achievements left to mop up or looking for new achievements to add to the ToDo list. My Games is awesome for this as one can quickly sort by completion percentage, exclude all 100% games, as well as filter based on platform (say I want to focus on Xbox 360 games today or something). Over time of course, the Top X number of games in that list will slowly grow to be dominated by games who sole outstanding achievements are unobtainable.

It would be nice and super helpful to me personally if I could opt into a setting that would allow the "Exclude completed games" filter on this page to consider the "all-but-unobtainable achievement" games as completed for the purposes of this (AND ONLY THIS) query. I hope there may be others users who also would find this option helpful to them as.

Workarounds:
    Yes, the "hide game" feature is a potential workaround with a similar effect for users who may not already be using the hide game feature for other personally defined purposes.

What this enhancement is NOT requesting:
    1. Anything to do with discontinued or partially discontinued achievements.
    2. Anything to do with public/private stats or leaderboard standings involving game completions.

Please if voting on the merits of this site suggestion, please do so on your opinion as to the worthiness (or lack thereof) of this specific use case.
  • MakeMeACoffeeMakeMeACoffee1,631,985
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 14:34
    and what about partially discontinued?

this is certainly not as simple as you portray it.

what you would need really is a personal toggle to say whether you consider it unobtainable for you moving forward.
    RIP Trueachievement App http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=491015
  • ArtieArtie470,667
    Posted on 26 April 17 at 00:56
    MakeMeACoffee said:
    and what about partially discontinued?

this is certainly not as simple as you portray it.

what you would need really is a personal toggle to say whether you consider it unobtainable for you moving forward.
    I specifically exclude partially discontinued for 2 reasons.

1. The slippery slope issue.
    2. "unobtainable for you" [or not] is impossible to programmatically ascertain from just the presence of the partially discontinued flag being present in the TA database.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads