Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

TimeShift, Assault Heroes 2 and More Now Backwards Compatible

• EmivaderEmivader527,462
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 19:53
    timeshift a total classic
    oh hell yeah!!!
  • Posted on 25 April 17 at 19:57
    Awesome!
    Not played Timeshift in a while, will have to give it another play!
  • BytyqiBytyqi661,266
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 20:26
    Death and Glory said:
    Bridge188 said:
    Maybe I'll finally finish Timeshift if the Urban ReDuel DLC goes on offer
    Never has, never will.
    ^ this.
    Yes, I'm the one they call the Fable guy.
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,044,081
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 20:34
    I loved Timeshift! I secretly still hope for a sequel.
    Ha ha, charade you are!
  • Posted on 25 April 17 at 20:39
    Lots of praise for Timeshift in here. I love time travel but always avoided this game. Is it worth checking out this many years later?
  • MasterpasjeMasterpasje357,534
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 21:03
    Achilles8249 said:
    Avoid Assault heroes 2.
    Couldn't agree less. Seriously underappreciated twin stick shooter gem. I enjoyed it a lot.
  • Posted on 25 April 17 at 21:07
    Played through the first few levels of TimeShift back in 2011. Will be nice to finally revisit it and complete it.
    "It's not that I can, and others can't. It's that I will, and others won't."
  • AKfoy0faceAKfoy0face552,907
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 21:08
    Bridge188 said:
    what and save 2 bucks? give me a break
    [quote gamer=Kexol]Haha loved the first execution. You can count on me abusing it when GOW4 comes out.[/quote] Oh, I thought the w
  • NateCCRNNateCCRN307,420
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 21:15, Edited on 25 April 17 at 21:20 by NateCCRN
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    Lots of praise for Timeshift in here. I love time travel but always avoided this game. Is it worth checking out this many years later?
    The campaign is extremely short and if you are looking for a completion, it will literally be just grinding out wins in the maps. That being said, its an interesting and fun game that draws comparisons to other games at the time like Halo 3 and Crysis.

I would give it a go for the right price.
  • Posted on 25 April 17 at 22:35
    I played Timeshift back around release and hated it. Came back to it years later and found it totally playable. Tries to be Half-Life 2 in a number of ways. Doesn't COMPLETLY fail but also doesn't bring much new to the table.
  • MatthewMk2MatthewMk2363,793
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 23:06
    Heck yes Timeshift! I love that game. Great single player, awesome multiplayer. It was one of the first games I completed all the achievements. It's too bad it released when it did, an FPS coming out right between the Orange Box, Bioshock, Halo 3, and CoD 4, it got buried.

Time to play through it again.
  • Posted on 26 April 17 at 00:48
    3 games nobody asked for, nice.
  • Posted on 26 April 17 at 01:06
    Timeshift was a really fun game.
  • pezboybenpezboyben672,010
    Posted on 26 April 17 at 01:45
    South Park TFBW said:
    3 games nobody asked for, nice.
    I think a more appropriate statement from you would be "3 games I didn't ask for." Seems like Time shift has a lot of people excited. Also I am happy about Assault Heroes 2 as I had that in my digital collection back in the day and now I get to own it again.
  • StriekStriek235,190
    Posted on 26 April 17 at 02:37, Edited on 26 April 17 at 02:39 by Striek
    eohjay said:
    Commanders was a pretty fun game, particularly if you enjoyed the Advance Wars games.
    Wholeheartedly agree, and I can't think of much else on Xbox 360 or Xbox One in that sort of Turn-Based-Strategy genre. On the Wii U, you're spoiled for choice by having all of the Advance Wars games and the GBA/DS Fire Emblem games available, but aside from XCOM and Banner Saga, it's a fairly under serviced genre. Though I'm happy to be proven wrong!

Edit: I realise how hilarious having a sentence containing "Wii U" and "spoiled for choice" together is.
  • uv1uv1235,436
    Posted on 26 April 17 at 06:27
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    If you like time travel games I would give Singularity a go
    “ I kill monsters and zombies with infeasibly large plasma-based weaponry”
  • Posted on 26 April 17 at 11:25
    Split/Second would be a nice addition to the backwards compatible listings.
    Play for achievements. Play for fun. What's the craic hi.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty567,833
    Posted on 26 April 17 at 12:18
    CRZYSPZ said:
    Bridge188 said:
    Yeah, now I'm waiting for Bioshock 2 and Timeshift's DLC to get a price drop/sale.
    Yeah because Bioshock 2's DLC has only been on sale about 100 times laugh
  • Segendary TySegendary Ty653,174
    Posted on 26 April 17 at 13:41, Edited on 26 April 17 at 13:44 by Segendary Ty
    Everybody is so hyping for TimeShift it's great to see. But I don't think there will be a sequel nor a sale because the publisher was revived in 2014. Note how I wrote revived...

It's very unlikely we get a sequel and why would it go on sale? You get 2 DLC's for 12 bucks. One free the other 12 bucks. I'd say it's worth it. Especially since Season Passes and stuff for lesser quality games now go for 40 and in sale not go much lower than 20
  • JamPound32JamPound32931,355
    Posted on 26 April 17 at 14:33
    Timeshift is great, you can get it for dirt cheap so even buying the dlc isn't gonna make the game expensive.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.