Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Top Five Backwards Compatibility Wishlist - Part Two

AuthorMessage
MaurickShepherd
Posted on 30 April 17 at 05:15
I am honestly surprised not to see the Modern Warfare trilogy on here. Obviously, 4 is remastered and that's good, but I really do miss the other two.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 30 April 17 at 10:09
i still want all halo's mcc is cool but it does not have the same feel as the original games.

oh and fable anniversary would be nice for me too
Momiji
Momiji
Posted on 30 April 17 at 10:16
NG2/NG3:RE
Dodonpachi daifukkatsu black label
Ketsui
Raiden 4
Deathsmiles 2x
DucKy BaBy
DucKy BaBy
Posted on 30 April 17 at 10:17
1. Trials Evolution
2. Resident Evil Revelations
3. Aliens: Colonial Marines
4. TC's GRAW 2
5. Duke Nukem Forever
6. MW3
It's not about video games. It's a feeling pervasive through all aspects of society. I'm gutted it's happened to games, but I completely expected it.
JAYMATiK
JAYMATiK
Posted on 30 April 17 at 10:29
I'd like to see the Saboteur come out backwards compat!
TVippy
TVippy
Posted on 30 April 17 at 12:08
However, these games [Silent Hill 2 & 3] were also never technical marvels to begin with
They absolutely were, on PS2.
I don't play games very often. :( If you have a close GamerScore, add me! We'll compete. :)
TVippy
TVippy
Posted on 30 April 17 at 12:11
NoApologies1988 said:
I would froth at the sight of Max Payne 1 & 2 getting a re-release!
That'd be better than 3, yes.
I don't play games very often. :( If you have a close GamerScore, add me! We'll compete. :)
Lost Wolfie
Lost Wolfie
Posted on 30 April 17 at 12:15
Dust: an Elysian tail
SandMan NL1
SandMan NL1
Posted on 30 April 17 at 17:13
Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Splinter Cell: Conviction and Splinter Cell: Double Agent please!!smile

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 30 April 17 at 18:07
SPEC OPS THE LINE was a fantastic game, but I fully completed it so I think Syndicate would be top of my list smile
DonTrombone7704
Posted on 30 April 17 at 18:37
My top 5 BC candidates (Not in any particular order):

1. Mortal Kombat 2011
2. Sonic Generations (This is my favorite Sonic game since the Sega Genesis era)
3. Max Payne 3
4. Both of the Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing games
5. Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection (Or at least an updated version with newer games from the Sonic franchise)

There are many other games that can be made backwards compatible especially as the 360s begin to disappear from households within the next decade. Other games, if they're not made backwards campatible should be remastered and re-released with a whole new achievement list.

Just my opinion of course.
Hunji Studios
Posted on 30 April 17 at 19:19
Spec Ops: The Line would be a great addition to the BC library.
TVippy
TVippy
Posted on 30 April 17 at 19:53
I don't buy the whole "all we need is the dev's approval" BS. Pretty sure MS is withholding games themselves (to make a steady stream of them, to stay in the news or whatever the reason).

Because, if you're a small dev that made a game for 360 and know you aren't gonna make a "remaster" of it on ONE, why would you not make it BC? That way you'd get at least a small influx of sales. And there are still hundreds of games like this left.
Jackimo1999
Jackimo1999
Posted on 30 April 17 at 20:07
The problem is that even with developer approval, Microsoft still needs to make the thing work on Xbox One. Porting the game over would require bug fixes and all that sort of stuff all over again. Not an easy task
Tears 0f Wolves
Posted on 01 May 17 at 01:01
guns vs kittens said:
Tears 0f Wolves said:
Spec ops: the line is near perfection.
The story is engaging with a mind fuck the same magnitude as Modern Warfare 2, in game dialogue is memorable ("you are delta operators, fucking act like it!") and best of all, multiplayer if you're that way inclined but without achievements.
I'd prefer a remaster over BC.
you're here because you wanted to feel like something you're not: A hero.
+1
My Name Is Fuz
Posted on 01 May 17 at 01:39
Snoopy Flying Ace is the only game that I want to be BC.
BadMotor
BadMotor
Posted on 01 May 17 at 02:09
With the new DLC for Two Worlds 2 (Call of Tenebrae) finally dated (25th of March) with a game engine upgrade etc I hope they'd make it BC on XB1..

But given the game came out in 2010 - it's really unlikely most people still have their games to play the DLC...
xCRiMZoNx
xCRiMZoNx
Posted on 01 May 17 at 02:26
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for another Splinter Cell game. One of my favorite franchises rock
napoearth
napoearth
Posted on 01 May 17 at 03:03
Mafia II
"Nice heft" - Frank West
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 01 May 17 at 03:58
napoearth said:
Mafia II
+1

especially since it is on my short list to play.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.