Game Discussion: Project CARS Forum

Community Ambassador

AuthorMessage
AboveHunter
AboveHunter
Posted on 01 May 17 at 13:05
Hey just checking i dont need to race a ghost but just set a time for this right and find my name right even if i dont make the leader board it will still count too?
SpEEdFailS187
SpEEdFailS187
Posted on 03 May 17 at 15:49
i have the same question.. im hoping so
thefrozeneskimo
Posted on 13 May 17 at 06:07
From what I've seen you just need to set a time. You don't need to race a ghost and you don't need to be above a certain rank on the leaderboard. If you go to the event and hit x ("find me") and it has a time for your name, then you're good.
BRAN IS HERE
BRAN IS HERE
Posted on 24 May 17 at 23:56
I did 3 or 4 of these when they rotated but there's no more now?
D
JJ Nerdstrong
JJ Nerdstrong
Posted on 25 May 17 at 03:25, Edited on 25 May 17 at 03:28 by JJ Nerdstrong
BRAN IS HERE said:
I did 3 or 4 of these when they rotated but there's no more now?
They said they were gonna run events til the end of the year but since the 50th event ended, there has been nothing new. Right now it seems like Gears: Judgment all over again.

Edit: Guess they will be adding more events next week

https://twitter.com/II_Tatey_II/status/865616802847404033
DeaconFrost2k
DeaconFrost2k
Posted on 26 May 17 at 14:30
I Asked via Facebook an got this awnser:
HI Deacon, new events will be added soon, stay tuned!
clap
Finnan
Finnan
Posted on 31 May 17 at 16:42
3 new events have been added, only one of which is dlc-free, and that one starts in a month...
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 31 May 17 at 17:38
But is there some indicator it would be 50 events? Is it 3/50?
The achievement needs 20 I believe.
Finnan
Finnan
Posted on 31 May 17 at 17:52
There were 50 events before, there are 53 now with event 50 currently live.
Woody Wizwell
Posted on 01 June 17 at 03:19
Thinking about starting this game but I don't want to if the next available event isn't for another month and if it continues that pace, there will only be 6 or 7 events for the rest of the year.
matdan
matdan
Posted on 01 June 17 at 06:20
Finnan said:
There were 50 events before, there are 53 now with event 50 currently live.
Can't seem to join it, is this a DLC race?
Proud Dad MCAL
Posted on 02 June 17 at 13:05
Woody Wizwell said:
Thinking about starting this game but I don't want to if the next available event isn't for another month and if it continues that pace, there will only be 6 or 7 events for the rest of the year.
If you will only start it if you can complete it, I wouldn't bother... I think once this year is up the event should will be shut down for good.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 04 June 17 at 12:31
OK so I've been looking into this and I think I've found the solution towards these Community Events as to why you may or may not be getting them. Basically I got the game and downloaded everything that went free along side it when it went with Games For Gold.

However like many of you I've so far only participated in 1 Community Event. Now fearing like everyone else that this is only going to run till the end of the year, I've kept on regularly checking to see if any events have shown up. Now my brother has recently taken part in another one, but I've been unable to access it. He owns the Game Of The Year Edition and told me you get a code to download the stuff onto the console.

After trying to study it and figure out what I've got that he hasn't got, it turns out that the download content you get in the Game Of The Year Edition is this...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/project-cars-on-dema...

I could be right, I could be wrong but as far as I'm concerned, this is the DLC Pack you need to "BUY" in order to access a lot more of these Community Events and unlock an extra 3 that non-DLC users cannot access to.

And... typically this is the most expensive one of the lot.

So if you still want this achievement, my advice would be to look into buying a brand new Game Of The Year version, or get it on demand if this package is available in the bundle. Or just pay and download this piece of content.

So... yep, another game that's screwed you over simply because of having DLC content just to get the standard 1000G Gamerscore. Meh.
matdan
matdan
Posted on 04 June 17 at 12:44
Awesome, thanks so much for the information.

Any idea when the current event ends, can't see any time or day on there?
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 04 June 17 at 13:04
matdan said:

My brother participated in one last week, I think it's actually 50/50 when you look at it on the Community Event page, but if you don't own the content as I've said above, it's faded out. There is another one that's opening in 28 days from now, but I believe you can go in one or two others before it. I'm trying to remember this logically because he's not around and I'm not near his XBox.
matdan
matdan
Posted on 04 June 17 at 13:57
BulgyDragonZord said:
matdan said:

My brother participated in one last week, I think it's actually 50/50 when you look at it on the Community Event page, but if you don't own the content as I've said above, it's faded out. There is another one that's opening in 28 days from now, but I believe you can go in one or two others before it. I'm trying to remember this logically because he's not around and I'm not near his XBox.
Ok, awesome hopefully I can get a GOTY version before it ends.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 04 June 17 at 15:01
OK I decided to buy the DLC content that I've said above and I can confirm that you may need the download content to participate in some of the Community Events since as of write now at the time of writing the DilongDragonBlitz2017 was not available for me and this was the event my brother can play in. After downloading the DLC and all of the content tied to it, it became available for me straight away and right now it's available for 1 Day and 8 hours at the time of writing...

However, I will pre-warn in advance that I may shot myself in the dark here, so before you go off and buy the DLC, let me add one more comment because right now I can't do a solution since I have not unlocked any achievements in the game yet.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 04 June 17 at 15:13
So what I've found out and sadly, this was after I bought the DLC was that I recall downloading stuff from the XBLM that was Free for the game. However I actually stored all of this Free download content onto my External Hard-Drive and I did not realise this until today. However even though today and yesterday when I tested the game before I downloaded the DLC to see if the Community Events we're available, they we're not appearing for me.

So my advice to you first is see if I've made a mistake or if my readings are correct. First I need you all to make sure you download all of the XBLM content that's free for Project Cars that is labelled "FREE". Here are the ones I believe are Free listed below...

Limited Edition Upgrade
Liveries Pack #1
Liveries Pack #2
Liveries Pack #3
Liveries Pack #4
Liveries Pack #5
Free Car #1
Free Car #2
Free Car #3
Free Car #4
Free Car #5
Free Car #6
Free Car #7
Free Car #8
Free Car #9
Free Car #10
Logitech Liveries

Now if you have all of these download, load up Project Cars and see if you can participate in these Community Events. If they are now available and you know that they are supposed to be available, then I'm afraid you'll have to purchase https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/project-cars-on-dema... or find a brand "NEW" copy of Project Cars: Game Of The Year Edition that gives you the code. Alternatively you can just buy the Game Of The Year Edition on the XBLM that will give you the game and the DLC.

The download content which I've purchased is expensive, but it will give you these DLC items as well as what I've listed above. You can buy them individually if you want to, but I believe that's even more expensive...

Old VS New Car Pack
Classic Lotus Expansion
Renault Sport Car Pack
Stanceworks Expansion
Modified Car Pack
Aston Martin Expansion
US Race Car Pack
Audi Ruapuna Speedway Expansion
Car Pack #1
Pagani Nurburgring Combined Track
Japanese Car Pack

Finally from what I've noticed as well the Free Cars, the Liveries and the Limited Edition Upgrade are also named diffrently, looking at the DLC content that is stored on my Internal Drive. What I did was download the DLC, kept that on my Internal and then destroyed whatever was on my External.

Check and see for yourself if you have the DLC installed with the game on the same device for the game to detect. If that works and you can race in the community events, then I've lost £24. If however you can't enter into anything and it still says the message check Projectcars.com/on-demand, then I guess you will need the DLC I said above and I guess I haven't wasted my money after all.

I will update this in a solution when I get an achievement in the game, but in the mean-time I'll leave it here for now.

Hope this helps, good luck.
mystmagi
mystmagi
Posted on 06 June 17 at 22:57
Just went out and bought the GOTY version today, and community events 51 and 53 (the ones confirmed to require DLC) don't have countdown timers on them. Is this normal?

Anyone know where I can go to see a definitive schedule of when the events will happen?
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 06 June 17 at 23:34
mystmagi said:
Just went out and bought the GOTY version today, and community events 51 and 53 (the ones confirmed to require DLC) don't have countdown timers on them. Is this normal?

Anyone know where I can go to see a definitive schedule of when the events will happen?
When I checked it the other day it said the 52nd Event I think is due to be starting in 6 Days. That was Monday so 6 Days would be... Sunday 11th June. the 53rd Event was to begin in 28 Days. So that's... hang on... around Monday 3rd July.

When you got the GOTY Edition, did you get a code with it and have you used that code?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.