The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 2nd, 2017

• Posted on 02 May 17 at 04:10
    I was tempted by Ultimate MVC 3 and/or DmC Definitive Edition, but have too much of a backlog due to the Resident Evil Super Bundle I picked up for £16 about a month ago.

I picked up Rogue One Pinball though for £1.60 to complete the Star Wars set. Glad I held out.
  • RicKuRuKuSRicKuRuKuS150,287
    Posted on 02 May 17 at 04:17
    How are the resident evils? I have literally never played one of them ever... kind of interested since I like games like dead island, outlast, dying light, and survival horror like that
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,479,181
    Posted on 02 May 17 at 04:38
    RicKuRuKuS said:
    How are the resident evils? I have literally never played one of them ever... kind of interested since I like games like dead island, outlast, dying light, and survival horror like that
    I love them all, with RE4 being my favorite. So if you're gonna start with one, I'd say that one.
  • Posted on 02 May 17 at 04:44
    EarthboundX said:
    RicKuRuKuS said:
    I love them all, with RE4 being my favorite. So if you're gonna start with one, I'd say that one.
    I agree.
  • Posted on 02 May 17 at 04:55
    RicKuRuKuS said:
    0 is a remake of the GameCube Version & is decent, but you can only hold so much in your inventory, but Gameplay wise has some elements of the originals & is alright actually. You can switch between two characters too.

RE HD is brilliant & a gorgeous remake of the original that started it all. There are moments where the movement feels a bit clunky as your Character doesn't move as freely as they do in later Resident Evil Games, but it's a classic & the Survival Horror Element still holds up today. It's different to Outlast & Dead Island though for example.

4 is amazing. Once you get used to the controls & camera, you have a classic on your hands & some consider it to be one of the best Resi Games, if not THE best.

5 is alright, but is where things started to change. It's a good game, but is best enjoyed in Co-op if you have a mate to play with you. You can play Online Co-op.

6 is a good game in my opinion, but more action packed, than Survival Horror. It got a lot of hate, but I'd go into it open minded & make your own decisions. You have more than one Campaign as there's more than one Character to play as, as they all have their own Stories.

I have Revelations 2, but haven't played it yet. A couple of mates have said it's good though & quite hard. It's Episodic too.
  • DHG ASMODAIDHG ASMODAI117,688 117,688 GamerScore
    Posted on 02 May 17 at 05:28
    Looks like I might be getting FM5 and the Battlefront SP.
    "Canada!" - Deadpool
  • LincLinc256,412
    Posted on 02 May 17 at 05:47
    RicKuRuKuS said:
    They are all good to great games, minus 6. Save your time, and skip that pile of garbage
  • MrCoolness3MrCoolness3960,976
    Posted on 02 May 17 at 06:33
    Also on sale:

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Season Pass Xbox One -- 30% off
    "To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing."
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty632,773
    Posted on 02 May 17 at 07:21
    I am tempted by The Witness now it's a realistic price. Was never going to pay over £30 for an ID@Xbox game ever.
  • KCXv3KCXv3307,598
    Posted on 02 May 17 at 07:30
    tendoman77 I bought resident evil 4,5,6 revelations plus all dlc zero and remake plus all dlc for £38 few weeks ago on sale yet still haven't started them yet 😂
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,479,181
    Posted on 02 May 17 at 08:00
    Linc said:
    RicKuRuKuS said:
    They are all good to great games, minus 6. Save your time, and skip that pile of garbage
    I even love 6, haha. It was still fun to play for me.
  • LockieLockie477,420
    Posted on 02 May 17 at 08:43
    Might get the Sunset Overdrive DLC, really enjoyed that game.
    Posting from sunny Australia.
  • MatPavaMatPava286,432
    Posted on 02 May 17 at 09:32
    I will buy Forza 5...even if it will surely be given for free with games with Gold!!!
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo258,554
    Posted on 02 May 17 at 09:53
    The Witness has been on my list, but I think I can still wait a bit until I pick it up.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • Posted on 02 May 17 at 09:59
    Didnt resident evil get 10/10 plus mvc infinite is coming out not defending capcoms ports just saying
  • Posted on 02 May 17 at 10:18, Edited on 02 May 17 at 10:34 by X8BIT ScorpionX
    Interested in UMvC3, Superchargers, and The Witness.
    EDIT: oh no i'm broke
    And there was a huge whale and it was all like MWAAAAA which made it super scary!
  • Posted on 02 May 17 at 10:38
    Lockie said:
    Might get the Sunset Overdrive DLC, really enjoyed that game.
    Wait for them to fix it first! It's not discounted as Microsoft have messed up. No way it was over £60 originally.
  • REB3LREB3L1,169,964
    Posted on 02 May 17 at 11:56
    pezboyben said:
    Going to get Shred It for sure and maybe Clouds and Sheep.
    Ditto - they both look to be fairly easy completions...
  • Posted on 02 May 17 at 12:29
    MugenKairo said:
    The Witness has been on my list, but I think I can still wait a bit until I pick it up.
    Same here - but even at 50% off I'm still not sure I'm ready to bite yet.

Not sure it's likely to get any better any time soon though - and given that it didn't get a hard copy release it's not like there much choice if you do want it....
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483250,402
    Posted on 02 May 17 at 12:49
    Apollyon VII said:
    Looks like I might be getting FM5 and the Battlefront SP.
    Might just be cheaper to buy the Battlefront Ultimate Edition - it's cheaper than buying the season pass in the UK at least.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.