The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 2nd, 2017

• halohogghalohogg97,544
    Posted on 03 May 17 at 02:42Permalink
    KinectKid333 said:
    Yep, Forza 5 definitely going down soon. Better get my ass on completing it.
    Please noooooooo! I just started it after the last sale. I can't keep up with server shutdown rumours !!!!!
  • halohogghalohogg97,544
    Posted on 03 May 17 at 02:43Permalink
    Just picked up Star Wars Pinball collection and am considering the Battlefront Season pass.
  • matdanmatdan700,997
    Posted on 03 May 17 at 03:01Permalink
    halohogg said:
    KinectKid333 said:
    Yep, Forza 5 definitely going down soon. Better get my ass on completing it.
    Please noooooooo! I just started it after the last sale. I can't keep up with server shutdown rumours !!!!!
    Chances are that in the next few months the DLC will be delisted, usually occurs after the DLC has gone on sale.

This has been the case for all previous Forza games, and I don't see this changing anytime soon.
  • halohogghalohogg97,544
    Posted on 03 May 17 at 03:12, Edited on 03 May 17 at 12:33 by halohoggPermalink
    MrGompers said:
    Pricing for The star wars DLC for pinball FX2 seems to be incorrect. 15$ for the bundle, but if you buy them individually its $11. Also, there's no way to buy a "bundle" on the pinball FX 2 menu. The packs/tables are listed individually.
    I found the Xbone Pinball FX2 Star Wars Season 1 Bundle in the Marketplace for $15.
    Individually they were (total $19):
    Force Awakens $2.50
    Rebels $1.50
    Heroes $5
    Balance $5
    Full $5
    So the Bundle was still a better deal for the 13 tables.
  • Tatl360Tatl360229,284
    Posted on 03 May 17 at 03:25Permalink
    Forza 5 should be played as soon as possible really.

But remember it is a bit different game because of the rush for the Xbox One release. There's no licensed music I guess. And IMO the music is the worst regarding extortion in renewing of licenses.
  • QuiCkz NinjaQuiCkz Ninja1,177,957
    Posted on 03 May 17 at 08:27Permalink
    Just bought, Shred it, fun game and easy completion.
    Blog by QuiCkz Ninja http://quickzninja.blogspot.com/ :-)
  • Posted on 03 May 17 at 08:48Permalink
    The pricing...
    The LEGO Star Wars TFA. Dollar to SEK = 230. Euro to SEK = 408. MS listed price in SEK 449.
    TIL I'll never buy a game again until there's some kind of balance between the regions.
  • Rista BRista B444,256
    Posted on 03 May 17 at 12:38Permalink
    Forza 2 Storm Island for $5? Sure why not.
    Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
  • Posted on 03 May 17 at 13:07Permalink
    I guess I am confused on this. Sunset Overdrive DLC has 2 with achievements at $9.99 each. At 90% off they should be $1 each. Why does it list price at $9.99 for both of these?
  • ChinDoctaChinDocta1,383,365
    Posted on 03 May 17 at 14:30Permalink
    OldSchoolBlood said:
    I guess I am confused on this. Sunset Overdrive DLC has 2 with achievements at $9.99 each. At 90% off they should be $1 each. Why does it list price at $9.99 for both of these?
    Pricing error on the MS end, base price for them is currently $99.
  • halohogghalohogg97,544
    Posted on 03 May 17 at 14:32Permalink
    ChinDocta said:
    OldSchoolBlood said:
    Pricing error on the MS end, base price for them is currently $99.
    Woah - that's some DLC!
  • duke63031duke63031118,725
    Posted on 03 May 17 at 14:50Permalink
    $50 for the Forza 6 bundle seems like a fair price.

I'm still grinding away for the One for the History Books achievement.
  • MrGompersMrGompers712,318
    Posted on 03 May 17 at 15:15Permalink
    halohogg said:
    MrGompers said:
    Pricing for The star wars DLC for pinball FX2 seems to be incorrect. 15$ for the bundle, but if you buy them individually its $11. Also, there's no way to buy a "bundle" on the pinball FX 2 menu. The packs/tables are listed individually.
    I found the Xbone Pinball FX2 Star Wars Season 1 Bundle in the Marketplace for $15.
    Individually they were (total $19):
    Force Awakens $2.50
    Rebels $1.50
    Heroes $5
    Balance $5
    Full $5
    So the Bundle was still a better deal for the 13 tables.
    Thanks for the info. I think my issue is that I purchased at least one of these bundles before.
    So for me purchasing the tables individually comes up as $11.
  • KenzibitKenzibit909,940
    Posted on 03 May 17 at 22:09Permalink
    Qwanimal said:
    Qwanimal said:
    AlphaSignal said:
    Sunset Overdrive looks like a pricing error rather than a sale. There's no mention of it being in the deals on Xbox.com or MajorNelson. Hopefully the season pass will go on sale since I've been waiting for it for a year
    I'll be really pissed off if this is an error. I've been waiting for this DLC to go on sale for ages.
    Just spent a few minutes chatting to xbox support and they said there is a known error with some pricing at the moment. They thought that any products showing incorrect prices were supposed to be on sale, but couldn't confirm that the Sunset Overdrive DLC, or anything else, was definitely on sale. They suggested checking again in a few to 24 hours so I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Guys so what do I do, I bought the Sunset Overdrive dlc and it contains only o e mission instead of two as states by trueachievement. Secondly the price isn't a discounted price after all. Damn!! Anything I can do?
    Research and Games :)
  • KenH2k4KenH2k4529,651
    Posted on 03 May 17 at 22:21, Edited on 03 May 17 at 22:24 by KenH2k4Permalink
    You can try requesting a refund at http://support.xbox.com/contact-us but they may not let you. Choose Billing, then Other and you'll get the available contact methods. They've been good to me in the past

Also, be sure to read the description really closely in the Store before you buy anything. TA does make mistakes with product listings, but it should be correct when you try to purchase it from Xbox.com. If it's not, you should be able to get a refund based on that
  • Posted on 04 May 17 at 01:06Permalink
    Of course, the one game I need DLC for is all gacked out. Guess ill continue to wait...
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • madmaxeymadmaxey359,203
    Posted on 04 May 17 at 03:05Permalink
    Prototype for 15 bucks, not bad. Forza sale looks enticing.
  • LockieLockie329,656
    Posted on 04 May 17 at 04:01Permalink
    Crimson Drifter said:
    Of course, the one game I need DLC for is all gacked out. Guess ill continue to wait...
    Same, I hope they fix it. Though I wonder if it was meant to be on sale at all.
    Posting from sunny Australia.
  • QwanimalQwanimal627,739
    Posted on 04 May 17 at 10:23, Edited on 04 May 17 at 17:16 by QwanimalPermalink
    Just spent a few minutes chatting to xbox support and they said there is a known error with some pricing at the moment. They thought that any products showing incorrect prices were supposed to be on sale, but couldn't confirm that the Sunset Overdrive DLC, or anything else, was definitely on sale. They suggested checking again in a few to 24 hours so I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Guys so what do I do, I bought the Sunset Overdrive dlc and it contains only o e mission instead of two as states by trueachievement. Secondly the price isn't a discounted price after all. Damn!! Anything I can do?
    I'd try politely requesting a refund due to the pricing error first. It is after all, MS's mistake that the item was listed as having a price reduction. In the UK at least, it's illegal to show a product as on sale based on an original higher price it was never sold at. Not sure if this law exists where you live, but you could always mention it if they don't seem willing to give a refund.
  • Posted on 04 May 17 at 10:40, Edited on 04 May 17 at 10:42 by I8ITackyticsI8IPermalink
    Qwanimal said:

I'd try politely requesting a refund due to the pricing error first. It is after all, MS's mistake that the item was listed as having a price reduction. In the UK at least, it's illegal to show a product as on sale based on an original higher price it was never sold at. Not sure if this law exists where you live, but you could always mention it if they don't seem willing to give a refund.
    Yes if you don't want it request a refund. Your case will be stronger if you've played it for less than 2 hours but regardless you can put a case forward saying you didn't know it was a pricing error and are uncomfortable paying that price for it.

Also they said check again in 24 hours when the sale went up and it's still there so don't pin your hopes on it being discounted properly - it's likely to be an error until next Tuesday when the sales change again..
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.