The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 2nd, 2017

• TheJord01TheJord01130,417
    Posted on 04 May 17 at 15:55
    I don't see the Fury's Darksiders bundle on here, $20 for both Darksiders remasters
  • KenzibitKenzibit985,794
    Posted on 04 May 17 at 21:26
    I8ITackyticsI8I said:
    Qwanimal said:
    Just spent a few minutes chatting to xbox support and they said there is a known error with some pricing at the moment. They thought that any products showing incorrect prices were supposed to be on sale, but couldn't confirm that the Sunset Overdrive DLC, or anything else, was definitely on sale. They suggested checking again in a few to 24 hours so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Guys so what do I do, I bought the Sunset Overdrive dlc and it contains only o e mission instead of two as states by trueachievement. Secondly the price isn't a discounted price after all. Damn!! Anything I can do?

I'd try politely requesting a refund due to the pricing error first. It is after all, MS's mistake that the item was listed as having a price reduction. In the UK at least, it's illegal to show a product as on sale based on an original higher price it was never sold at. Not sure if this law exists where you live, but you could always mention it if they don't seem willing to give a refund.
    Yes if you don't want it request a refund. Your case will be stronger if you've played it for less than 2 hours but regardless you can put a case forward saying you didn't know it was a pricing error and are uncomfortable paying that price for it.

Also they said check again in 24 hours when the sale went up and it's still there so don't pin your hopes on it being discounted properly - it's likely to be an error until next Tuesday when the sales change again..
    I thought of it and decided against a refund, I'll just use this as a lesson and a developer support, doc ain't bad after all just disappointed this happened. Next time I would have to read carefully and not solely depend on TA before buying, #LessonLearnt.
    Research and Games :)
  • Posted on 05 May 17 at 00:41
    Got Strider.

Few others I'm on the fence about.
    Ask me about my rock collection.
  • Tatl360Tatl360292,021
    Posted on 05 May 17 at 05:20
    So the Forza Horizon 2 + Forza 6 bundle is gone.
    Just like the Forza Horizon 2 + Forza 5 bundle before.
    And now they listed a bundle for Horizon 3 + Forza 6.
    They are just store bundles though.
  • Posted on 05 May 17 at 16:36
    Rista B said:
    Forza 2 Storm Island for $5? Sure why not.
    Yeah, I'm thinking about it too... Even though I don't have the One yet!

Anyone able to tell me if the digital version of FM5 has more [achievement-affecting] content than the physical release?
  • Tatl360Tatl360292,021
    Posted on 05 May 17 at 17:02
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    Rista B said:

Anyone able to tell me if the digital version of FM5 has more [achievement-affecting] content than the physical release?
    I don't know if I understood your question, but the (cheapest) digital version is the Game of the Year edition. It's the same of the physical edition with a lot of text all over the cover (from magazines, etc). It comes with the Top Gear car pack DLC only. (helps with some achievements)
    The standard version without any DLC is not available for digital purchase.
    More DLC is needed to 100% though.
  • MaesenkoMaesenko308,724
    Posted on 05 May 17 at 19:35
    Eventide for me. Missed it last sale.

Probably pass on the rest, been ignoring my backlog lately as I've gotten into ESO finally.
    "I dig my hole, you build a wall..."
  • Posted on 07 May 17 at 10:20
    Tatl360 said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    Rista B said:

I don't know if I understood your question, but the (cheapest) digital version is the Game of the Year edition. It's the same of the physical edition with a lot of text all over the cover (from magazines, etc). It comes with the Top Gear car pack DLC only. (helps with some achievements)
    The standard version without any DLC is not available for digital purchase.
    More DLC is needed to 100% though.
    Yes, you understand my question, and thank you for your response. As nice as it is to 100% games I'm not sure if FM5 is one I'd ever 100% so I think I'll just wait and then make a decision on getting it in physical or digital form (or skipping it entirely) depending on the price at the time.
  • Tatl360Tatl360292,021
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 04:54
    ^ I'm glad to help. Forza 5 is really fun! The only problem is the strange multiplayer achievements. They are a bit of a grind. Not only with racing, but also pointless community credits.

I also couldn't resist the Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 discount. =P
    There's no disc version in my country, so...
    Damn I need to finish all the Capcom fighters I'm playing right now!
  • Vr EnglishVr English730,456
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 12:25
    Capcom needs to step it up, I know some people on here are happy but those resi prices are too high.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.