Game Discussion: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

Call of Juarez BiB- Catcher in the Rye glitched?

• NicholasNicholas418,606
    Posted on 19 June 11 at 00:53
    I went through the game once, but didn't get this one. Didn't really try. This is my second time through the game. I got all 6 guys first time I tried this time and it didn't pop. So I tried and failed a few times. Then I got it again and still no chievo. Tried shutting down and restarting and got it after 3 times and still nothing.
    Can some not get this 1? Or is there a way around this glitch? It's really annoying.
    I watched the vid for the game and I am doing just what it says to do.
    Any help?
  • Posted on 19 June 11 at 03:45, Edited on 19 June 11 at 03:46 by Claptrap NL
    Look at this guide on TA (press the blue marked words), written by fellow TA members:
    Call of Juarez: Bound in BloodCatcher in the RyeThe Catcher in the Rye achievement in Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood worth 33 pointsOn chapter II, in the field, kill enemy soldiers using knives without being detected.

And especially watch the video solution Batman5273 posted.
    Posted on 19 June 11 at 14:28
    Yeah I did that. Then I followed the vids below that also. That's how I did it all the times I completed it.
    The only thing different that I did was, it says to kill the first guy then head left. If you think of left and straight west, I had to go a little south of west in order to find them. If I went straight left ( or west ) I didn't find them.
    I was never discovered and besides the first guy I always came at them from the back so they couldn't see me, but so far it hasn't worked for me.
    There were several times while trying this that I was seen and that's what I considered not completing it to get the achievement.
    So far I believe I have completed it 5 times correctly and have not gotten it to pop so I was wondering if there was a glitch for this 1.
    I saw a few guys on youtube who said they didn't get it either, but all of them said they were playing on PS3 so I wondered if that was their issue.
    I know PS3 trophies have issues sometimes so that's why I say that. Not trying to say 1 console is better than another.
  • yURCHyURCH135,094
    Posted on 19 June 11 at 15:25
    Hm, very strange... I got it with no such problems... You probably did this, but maybe you should try to start from the beginning of Chapter 2 and play till this moment again... or you can try to clear caches it sometimes helps in different situations. One more suggestion, try it on different difficulty. I'll try to think of something more.
    Good luck!
    I would like to expand my TA friend list. So if you want - add me :D
    Posted on 21 June 11 at 17:22
    Yeah, actually I waited too long several times and the game automatically saves after the last guy is killed so I usually started back at chapter 2 again. I learned to hit start right after the achievement not popping so I didn't have to go back to the start of chapter 2 again.
    I am on medium difficulty and I figured that was still pretty easy so I thought I'd be able to easily get it here. Might have to back down to easy and try it again.
    I usually like to go through a game on the easiest first, then do medium, then skip hard and do the very hard. I have done that on a few games and it worked out well for getting most chievos in the first 2 passed. Then just work my way through the hardest 1 only trying to pass the game. I die a lot, but I already know what's coming so it's not quite so hard.
    I'll try clearing out the cache cause I didn't think about that, but I gotta get at least 1 other game done just in case so I don't lose my progress there.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads