Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Codemasters Releases New Details on DiRT 4

AuthorMessage
Chob
Chob
Posted on 07 May 17 at 01:05
Shows you how to handle the situation.

Please click here to read the story: Codemasters Releases New Details on DiRT 4
Blue n Gold Eel
Posted on 07 May 17 at 02:20
Interested in getting it, but hopefully it's not as easy as Dirt Rally, i need a challenge.
What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 07 May 17 at 02:22
THANKFUL for handling assists? They made the cars almost un-driveable & freaking SLOOOWWWWW.

Steelbook looks nice, but I managed to pre-order D4 on Amazon months ago at a $50 price with a 25% discount on top of that so I'm not canceling that deal. It will just sit on my shelf never being seen anyway.
'Member? WickedDeath : "That used car salesman Larry herb will be saying what an amazing deal it is..."
Quickdontdie
Quickdontdie
Posted on 07 May 17 at 02:48
Blue n Gold Eel said:
Interested in getting it, but hopefully it's not as easy as Dirt Rally, i need a challenge.
wot????

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 07 May 17 at 04:38
Quickdontdie said:
Blue n Gold Eel said:
wot????
Just another hero, man
Trikke den 1e
Trikke den 1e
Posted on 07 May 17 at 07:25
Looks like Forza Motorsport with mud on the tarmac. Not impressed.
TheTimeHasCome6
Posted on 07 May 17 at 08:18
We're the assists originally in dirt rally or not?
Chob
Chob
Posted on 07 May 17 at 08:55
TheTimeHasCome6 said:
Dirt Rally did have assists, DiRT 4 will have assists based on Rally's and then some more.
Splynta
Splynta
Posted on 07 May 17 at 09:07
I'm hoping it is like Dirt 2. That has been my favourite up to now.
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 07 May 17 at 09:11
Trikke den 1e said:
laughlaughlaugh

facepalmrollwarning

...sums it up...
'Member? WickedDeath : "That used car salesman Larry herb will be saying what an amazing deal it is..."
NawtyCawty
NawtyCawty
Posted on 07 May 17 at 09:37
This looks very nice. Hopefully it will buck the trend of rally games and not be as boring as f**k.
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 07 May 17 at 10:21
fingers cross for a demo i'm not touching this game i don't understand why they have to mess with difficulty just keep it like dirt 1-3
Goggs25
IAteA11ThePies
Posted on 07 May 17 at 10:30
BanjoRebel said:
Trikke den 1e said:
laughlaughlaugh

facepalmrollwarning

...sums it up...
So it looks like the best looking racing series, but on mud/tarmac/varied surfaces, and is from a series you've played all of?

Damn, sign me up! smile
TheTimeHasCome6
Posted on 07 May 17 at 11:17
Chob said:
TheTimeHasCome6 said:
Dirt Rally did have assists, DiRT 4 will have assists based on Rally's and then some more.
Ahh okay was just curious because I remember when I got dirt rally it wasn't enjoyable I found it very difficult and not fun and no matter what I did assist wise couldn't get anywhere never had trouble in dirt 3 et. Dirt rally sorta felt like project cars way to hard to handle etc maybe they have tweaked dirt rally so I might pick it up again
Reqqu
Reqqu
Posted on 07 May 17 at 17:38
Gamer: Enjoy
Simulation: Suffer
URZAS EL RONIN
Posted on 07 May 17 at 19:27
I believe that Codemasters has a hidden gem on their hands that they have never really capitalized upon. GRID Demolition Derby. The original game had a multiplayer version with two tracks that was just extreamly fun to play. If they made it a full version I believe that loads of people would grab it. short tracks, 8 laps, 16 person multiplayer. EXCELLENT FUN!
AND THAT'S . . . . . THE REST OF THE STORY.
IAteA11ThePies
Posted on 08 May 17 at 01:20
URZAS EL RONIN said:
I believe that Codemasters has a hidden gem on their hands that they have never really capitalized upon. GRID Demolition Derby. The original game had a multiplayer version with two tracks that was just extreamly fun to play. If they made it a full version I believe that loads of people would grab it. short tracks, 8 laps, 16 person multiplayer. EXCELLENT FUN!
Oh yes. smile
I Sanral I
I Sanral I
Posted on 08 May 17 at 18:04
URZAS EL RONIN said:
Didn't they try something like that with Dirt Showdown?

Fun game, shame the online died so quickly.
S P 4 C E Y
S P 4 C E Y
Posted on 08 May 17 at 20:10
TheTimeHasCome6 said:
Chob said:
TheTimeHasCome6 said:
Ahh okay was just curious because I remember when I got dirt rally it wasn't enjoyable I found it very difficult and not fun and no matter what I did assist wise couldn't get anywhere never had trouble in dirt 3 et. Dirt rally sorta felt like project cars way to hard to handle etc maybe they have tweaked dirt rally so I might pick it up again
With all due respect you have 8 achievement on Dirt Rally. How much of a shot did you really give it?

Dirt 3 was incredibly easy. You were able to dictate the difficulty level, you had flashbacks, and could use all assists.

Granted, Dirt Rally is a far harder game but it's not *that* difficult. I am far from an excellent driver and I have all but 6 achievements on it.
Category 3D SFA Referee - PSIA Freestyle Ski Coach with M.A in Politics. Random huh?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.