The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 9th, 2017

• Posted on 09 May 17 at 04:06
    WebChimp UK said:
    Instant Indie Hits looks like a steal for under £20.
    It really is. Too bad I already own 4/5 of the games I want. Can't afford to pay $20 for Action Henk and 5 games I don't care about lol
  • Tatl360Tatl360292,021
  • DHG ASMODAIDHG ASMODAI117,628 117,628 GamerScore
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 05:12
    Might get Instant Indie Hits, all I own is Thomas Was Alone, and maybe Mass Effect, but it'll probably be in the Vault soon enough.
    "Canada!" - Deadpool
  • Posted on 09 May 17 at 05:29
    I'd been holding out on a Deal on Ghostbusters as I heard it was terrible. Tempted, but I still wonder if £13.20 is too much for it.

Has anyone played it? Is £13.20 still too much for it?
  • Posted on 09 May 17 at 05:34
    I really should pick up saints row collection​ pretty cheap but I'll wait I'm balls deep in Neverwinter
    achievements its what's for dinner
  • Posted on 09 May 17 at 06:30
    Twitter: @TA_Treezy | Twitch: DatBoiTreezy | YouTube: Ash Treezy | "Wu-Tang is for the children" - ODB
  • SedgendarySedgendary280,960
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 06:53
    BigNev44 said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    I see Mass Effect: Andromeda is going on sale before I had a chance to play the copy I pre-ordered at full price. redface
    You and me both. cry
    Why pre-order a game if you don't intend to play it as soon as it is released?
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,239,932
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 07:24
    KenH2k4 said:
    dudecrazy108 said:
    Mass Effect is going down quick
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Good news for cheapskates like me though :)
    All ea games go down quickly.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo256,666
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 07:26
    WebChimp UK said:
    I purchased this before but a LOT of the games have unobtainable achievements. Stealth Inc 2 is a great game though.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • o SeduLOUs oo SeduLOUs o580,974
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 07:57
    MugenKairo said:
    WebChimp UK said:
    I purchased this before but a LOT of the games have unobtainable achievements. Stealth Inc 2 is a great game though.
    One of the games has one unobtainable. Annoying, yes, but I'm not sure I'd define it as a 'LOT'.
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
  • Posted on 09 May 17 at 07:57
    Claire extended cut looks good. Might get that one
  • White WyvernWhite Wyvern481,980
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 08:35
    Allgorhythm said:
    I see Mass Effect: Andromeda is going on sale before I had a chance to play the copy I pre-ordered at full price. redface
    No offence but I don't understand why you're preordering a game that you aren't going to play when you get it. Were 2 months in to the future and you still haven't played it. I just don't see a point in that.
    Beep Boop
  • FuhqaaFuhqaa168,496
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 08:37
    I bought the Indie Games Bundle before and have completed half of them I think, Action Henk is awesome but would be very difficult to 100%, I have Gold on most courses and Rainbow on less than 10 and am at less than 300gs, put a good 10-15 hours into it
  • OFUNBlackOFUNBlack1,283,464
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 08:47
    Let's see if I buy something
  • Angus PTAngus PT98,589
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 08:54
    Is it just me or are we getting the same deals every other week.
    Apart from Mass Effect: Andromeda I'm pretty sure that Metro's and Saints Row has been done before at least a couple of times...
    No signature for me, just being down right, old, plain, silly
  • HuwCW87HuwCW87183,971
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 09:07
    Silence the whispered world is also there when you click on the sales on the dash but at full price, is it supposed to have a price drop or something?
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7473,361
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483244,544
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 10:08, Edited on 09 May 17 at 10:10 by Stevo6483
    KenH2k4 said:
    dudecrazy108 said:
    EA tend to put their games on sale after a couple of months. I picked up Battlefield 6-8 weeks after release with a similar discount. It went back up to full price afterwards though, but has popped up in a few more sales since. I imagine ME:A will be the same. I also doubt it'll end up in the vault until towards the end of the year.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • SedgendarySedgendary280,960
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 10:37
    Stevo6483 said:
    KenH2k4 said:
    dudecrazy108 said:
    EA tend to put their games on sale after a couple of months. I picked up Battlefield 6-8 weeks after release with a similar discount. It went back up to full price afterwards though, but has popped up in a few more sales since. I imagine ME:A will be the same. I also doubt it'll end up in the vault until towards the end of the year.
    Yeah it is a good strategy as you always get a slump in sales numbers during that period so putting it on sale gets you more numbers which makes it look good on annual sales reports. It also keeps it in the charts longer so the game is in physical stores longer.
  • KenH2k4KenH2k4576,649
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 11:00, Edited on 09 May 17 at 11:00 by KenH2k4
    Darth Knight said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    No offence but I don't understand why you're preordering a game that you aren't going to play when you get it. Were 2 months in to the future and you still haven't played it. I just don't see a point in that.
    Life happens. When you preorder something it's hard to say what's going to be happening at release. I've never done this with preorders, but there are games that I bought years ago that I haven't touched
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.