The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 9th, 2017

• Posted on 09 May 17 at 11:34
    Redders 420 said:
    For those of you with patience (or a huge backlog of gameswave) it probably won't be too long before EA access add Mass Effect Andromeda to the vault. Unless you want it to 'keep forever' of course.
    I completely forgot about the vault, thanks for reminding me!
    That'll save me a bit more money.
  • BigNev44BigNev441,597,358
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 11:36
    Sedgendary said:
    BigNev44 said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    I see Mass Effect: Andromeda is going on sale before I had a chance to play the copy I pre-ordered at full price. redface
    You and me both. cry
    Why pre-order a game if you don't intend to play it as soon as it is released?
    1. This is Mass Effect
    2. Didn't know they were going to screw it up.

Stopped pre-ordering alot of games after the whole Mafia 3 situation, didn't think Mass Effect Andromeda was going to kill it off completely.
  • russolini77russolini77366,693
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 11:42
    I've also run into the situation of preordering something (AC Unity + Halo MCC) and not playing it for a few months while life got in the way or I tried to finish something else up before I started something new. I won't be making that mistake again. I have about 6 games still in the shrink wrap right now.

But I bought the indie collection anyway. $20 for 9 games is a great deal. (I already own the Swindle)
  • DragonataDragonata832,129
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 12:23
    Jackimo1999 said:
    I would grab Saints Row if it wasn't for the fact that it's not on sale in Australia.
    Ditto.
  • AlahertAlahert970,310
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 12:52
    Nothing interesting for me :)
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666180,862
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 13:05
    dudecrazy108 said:
    Mass Effect is going down quick
    A sale isn't a permanent price cut.
  • Posted on 09 May 17 at 14:06
    Zorlac0666 said:
    dudecrazy108 said:
    Mass Effect is going down quick
    A sale isn't a permanent price cut.
    No but having it on sale every week makes it seem like. (I'm exagerrating)
    Case Closed so don't debate it.
  • Marcus BWFCMarcus BWFC131,916
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 15:35
    Free and now discounted, they really want us to play the Division
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666180,862
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 16:47
    Marcus BWFC said:
    Free and now discounted, they really want us to play the Division
    Most developers and publishers really want you to play their games.
  • FreebirdX3FreebirdX3814,020
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 17:23
    Why cant I find Action News Heroes in game selection ?

Changed my location from Norway to Uk aswell and tried(as this has worked on other games in the past),but still nothing.

Is this US restricted ?
    Could not find anything on this site/forum for the game.

Thanks to whoever knows
  • SedgendarySedgendary280,883
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 19:05
    BigNev44 said:
    Sedgendary said:
    BigNev44 said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    I see Mass Effect: Andromeda is going on sale before I had a chance to play the copy I pre-ordered at full price. redface
    You and me both. cry
    1. This is Mass Effect
    2. Didn't know they were going to screw it up.

Stopped pre-ordering alot of games after the whole Mafia 3 situation, didn't think Mass Effect Andromeda was going to kill it off completely.
    to be honest I enjoyed it a lot more that 2 & 3, yeah it has it's issues but I find a lot of the criticisms overblown
  • failurewarningfailurewarning1,719,069
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 19:48
    FreebirdX3 said:
    Why cant I find Action News Heroes in game selection ?

Changed my location from Norway to Uk aswell and tried(as this has worked on other games in the past),but still nothing.

Is this US restricted ?
    Could not find anything on this site/forum for the game.

Thanks to whoever knows
    Yes, Action News Heroes is US only. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
  • Achilles8249Achilles8249673,932
    Posted on 09 May 17 at 21:41
    when are they going to fix the sales hub? Theres still stuff on there from weeks ago.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo256,666
    Posted on 10 May 17 at 01:15
    o SeduLOUs o said:
    MugenKairo said:
    WebChimp UK said:
    Instant Indie Hits looks like a steal for under £20.
    I purchased this before but a LOT of the games have unobtainable achievements. Stealth Inc 2 is a great game though.
    One of the games has one unobtainable. Annoying, yes, but I'm not sure I'd define it as a 'LOT'.
    My error I did think a lot more of Curves games had unobtainables but it's only 2 games now: Nova-111 and Stealth Inc 2 has one now because nobody can access the community servers anymore.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • FuhqaaFuhqaa168,529
    Posted on 10 May 17 at 08:27
    MugenKairo said:
    o SeduLOUs o said:
    MugenKairo said:
    WebChimp UK said:
    I purchased this before but a LOT of the games have unobtainable achievements. Stealth Inc 2 is a great game though.
    One of the games has one unobtainable. Annoying, yes, but I'm not sure I'd define it as a 'LOT'.
    My error I did think a lot more of Curves games had unobtainables but it's only 2 games now: Nova-111 and Stealth Inc 2 has one now because nobody can access the community servers anymore.
    MugenKairo said:
    o SeduLOUs o said:
    MugenKairo said:
    WebChimp UK said:
    Stealth Inc 2 has an unobtainable? that's disappointing was gonna start that next
  • Posted on 10 May 17 at 12:17
    No, Stealth Inc 2 does not have an unobtainable
    This space for rent.
  • FuhqaaFuhqaa168,529
    Posted on 10 May 17 at 13:08
    MrZombieChicken said:
    No, Stealth Inc 2 does not have an unobtainable
    So the community servers are accessible?
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm451,755
    Posted on 10 May 17 at 14:49
    Sedgendary said:
    BigNev44 said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    You and me both. cry
    It's a compulsion. I do it all the time. I pre-ordered the Limited Edition of Alan Wake over 7 years ago. When it was selected for the TA Playlist, it was still shrink-wrapped in my backlog:

http://tinyurl.com/AlanWake-ShrinkWrapped

Ironically, the digital version went on sale just before the April TA Playlist started. So, I got that for (IIRC) 4.99 USD--less than a tenth of what I paid for the version I pre-ordered, and that was the game I played. I still opened the shrink-wrapped because the LE included a book with Alan Wake stories and the exceptional soundtrack on CD.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.