Bug Reports Forum

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it

Incorrect completion date in a game leaderboard

Fixed
AuthorMessage
K1ck
K1ck
Posted on 11 May 17 at 09:31, Edited on 11 May 17 at 09:45 by K1ck
I don't know if this issue has been reported yet but it seems a bug.

When you see a game leaderboard, many gamers' completion dates include all DLCs are prior to the final DLC release date.

For example, I am the first gamer to complete the game Draw a Stickman: EPIC and Forza Horizon 3 include all DLCs.(Well at least for now) And gamers are normally sorted by correct completion date if you see "100% Club" leaderboard.

But if you see the game leaderboard, many gamers' completion dates are incorrect on "Date Finished" column. (you can see this leaderboard when you click "xxxx tracked gamers" hyperlink) Friend's Journey for Draw a Stickman: EPIC DLC has been released on Feb 20 2016, but many gamers' completion dates(inc. all DLCs) are prior to that date. Hot Wheels for Forza Horizon 3 DLC has been released yesterday, but two gamers completed this game before yesterday.

It seems when people start and complete a DLC between a scan and the next following scan, their "Date Finished" date is not updated.

Thank you for reading this.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 06 June 17 at 19:50
I am seeing the same issue.

The Walking Dead - A New Frontier (Win 10) Completionists

Mafia III Completionists
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 06 August 17 at 21:26
This was reported 3 months ago and we have had no feedback. Extremely poor.

What is going on with this?

Leaderboards are useless.

See the Mafia III Completionists - people are being marked as complete with all DLC in October 2016 when the final DLC was not out until July 2017. Leaderboards are redundant at the moment.
Yin
Yin
Posted on 07 August 17 at 22:39, Edited on 07 August 17 at 22:45 by Yin
This is definitely an issue, but it does seem like this only occurs when the user has the 'DLC I Own' option selected, as it modifies what it deems as a completion.

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier is a perfect game to test this on. When the 'All DLC' option is selected, the completion date appears to be correct (same with the exclusion all DLC, of course).

Once you change it to 'DLC I Own', that's when things get weird. It looks like it's counting the original completion date, but Jumbo Wario completely disappears from the list when you select it, even though their completion is listed as first when you exclude all additional content. This discrepancy could be caused by the specific users option for DLC, but I doubt it.

This is a tricky issue to resolve, simply because we will have to define what classifies as a completion when 'DLC I Own' is selected (and from there, how do we go about updating the date). This may actually be by design, since there are a mix of DLCs owned by players and the initial completion is the only date guaranteed to have a date for each player.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 07 August 17 at 23:50
It never used to formulate DLC I own leaderboards like this. Doubt it is intentional because it is useless if it is, and in the case of Mafia 3, people with all the achievements are listed as October 16 yet myself with the same amount of achievements is listed in July 17. Can't see why that would be intended.
Yin
Yin
Posted on 07 August 17 at 23:54, Edited on 07 August 17 at 23:55 by Yin
If you switch your DLC option to 'Exclude All DLC' and then back to 'DLC I Own' does it change the way your completion date appears?

I assume your standard setting is 'DLC I Own', yes?
TrueAchievement
Posted on 08 August 17 at 14:03, Edited on 08 August 17 at 14:04 by TrueAchievement
LuckyConquerer2 said:
This was reported 3 months ago and we have had no feedback. Extremely poor.

What is going on with this?

Leaderboards are useless.

See the Mafia III Completionists - people are being marked as complete with all DLC in October 2016 when the final DLC was not out until July 2017. Leaderboards are redundant at the moment.
I'll try to ignore the rudeness and see if I can diagnose the problem...

For the All DLC setting on Mafia 3, the completion dates look correct, there's no one completing it before July 2017:

Mafia III Completionists
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 08 August 17 at 14:40
We are customers, after all. If we cannot complain about a service that was way below the normal high standards we have come to expect from yourself and Jack, than what is the point? Praise when praise is due, but three months is poor. I don't think it is rude to point that out. If you think those words were rude, than you mistaken. It is a valid way to explain the situation. There was no swearing, no personal attack, no abuse.

Been ignored for three months is poor service.

On DLC I Own, people are listed a lot higher than they should be. EG. JCAD777 is listed as 130th, yet has done some of the DLC and should be further down the list. Not sure if this is linked but on JCAD777's achievements in Mafia III it says: "First played on 08 Oct 16 , Completed ". There is no end date.

shutup8777 has the same thing. All DLC completed, listed as 397th (07/01/17) yet his shutup8777's achievements in Mafia III says 26 Jul 17.

On the DLC I own, it is listing a lot of people from April 1st 17 as completed all the game (85) achievements yet the DLC was not listed until July. There is at least 40 people out of order.
TrueAchievement
Posted on 09 August 17 at 12:13
LuckyConquerer2 said:
It never used to formulate DLC I own leaderboards like this. Doubt it is intentional because it is useless if it is, and in the case of Mafia 3, people with all the achievements are listed as October 16 yet myself with the same amount of achievements is listed in July 17. Can't see why that would be intended.
They have always worked like this, but I've tracked down the issue and it is related to the actual setting of the Completion Time for OwnDLC in certain games.

We only set that time on completion of a DLC pack if it's currently not set, and it's only cleared down if there's unfinished packs. That means if someone started and completed a DLC between scans then it wouldn't set it.

I've now created a routine to fix that in these cases. There was around 40,000 instances of this happening, out of 66 million records, almost all related to the Telltale games where packs can be rattled through in an hour.

Saying the leaderboards are "useless" because of this limited issue does seem a bit over the top to me, but I concede that 3 months is a long time to leave a bug. Hopefully you've noticed we have more resource in this area, with Yin logging and Jack and I trying to spend at least one day per week looking at issues.

And you can now see the results in the Site Updates page.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 09 August 17 at 13:14
I apologise for saying they were useless but it seemed to impact all of the boards I looked at, which were Mafia III and some TellTale games. facepalm

Looks good now. Thanks for explaining. Now I can see where I actually came in Mafia III. toast

I have noticed that Yin has come in a helped out. Fantastic work. Still the best site around. Just wish you would sell merchandise all year round.
K1ck
K1ck
Posted on 09 August 17 at 15:09
Fixing this problem seems harder than I thought. Thank you, I really appreciate your update.smile
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.